• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants 820 PM EST

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, but each game stands on it's own and there is a lot of fault to go around in that stat. Were the receivers all of a sudden going to get open if Romo came into the game? Would Dez have pulled his head out of his ass if Romo came in? Dak did a pretty good job against the pass rush. That would have crushed Romo IMO. Dak played like shit no doubt, but the Giants D played great and my ass was cold just raking leaves Sunday during the day before the weather moved in so I give both QBs a little bit of slack. Romo looked like he was wearing 7 jackets. How was he going to play and perform better?

Like I said in another thread, I wouldn't have done it myself, but i wouldn't have had a problem with it if Romo came in for a series or two, but it would have been as much to sit Dak down and give him a breadth as anything else. The whole idea of a controversy and worrying about what the media says is silly to me. From watching Dak I don't think it would have negatively affected him going forward and I don't think Garrett let's that "outside noise" bother him. Dak is the Dallas Cowboys starting QB and best QB IMO. Maybe that changes going forward, but I don't think so. I expect him to have a big game next week and put this all behind him.

Would you be a proponent of starting Romo in a Game or 2 AFTER and IF they clinch everything?

Or do you think that puts undue pressure on Dak should he play well?

But shouldn't they have a non rusty Romo a bit ready, just in case?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer to see the #1 team play right through into the playoffs, no let up, pedal to the metal.

If a single game got lopsided, then let Romo get some snaps.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you be a proponent of starting Romo in a Game or 2 AFTER and IF they clinch everything?

I actually think NFC east fans think about this much more than Dallas fans in general.
certainly the case here at the hoop

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think NFC east fans think about this much more than Dallas fans in general.
certainly the case here at the hoop

I doubt that's true, id imagine this is the most popular talking point in Dallas today

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that's true, id imagine this is the most popular talking point in Dallas today
11-2
two up for home field advantage throughout with 3 to play is the talking point in Dallas
and
a lotta finger pointing on the DFW airways about the folks who want Romo to play QB

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-2
two up for home field advantage throughout with 3 to play is the talking point in Dallas
and
a lotta finger pointing on the DFW airways about the folks who want Romo to play QB

As it should be, well earned

But I would imagine this has become about the big picture now and who is better suited to carry the team to the promise land

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's actually the perfect storm for the haters.
The back flips either way should they fall short of the conference championship game

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is better suited to carry the team to the promise land
really....you sit Dak at 11-2 with two loses by a total of 4 points?

I'd consider the point IF Dak was the reason why this team is losing games.
That's not the case unless they drop 2 of the last 3 or all three and the coach thinks they need to do something at the QB position

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really....you sit Dak at 11-2 with two loses by a total of 4 points?

I'd consider the point IF Dak was the reason why this team is losing games.
That's not the case unless they drop 2 of the last 3 or all three and the coach thinks they need to do something at the QB position

Splitting hairs on who is most to blame

He not being very good in the last 2 games is really no debatable

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it were my call I'd get Romo a game or at a minimum a half if we win the next couple but that is just to shake off the rust. I hope he plays well because it means if we need him he is ready if called upon. I disagree with the whole idea of playing Romo putting pressure on Dak. if Romo plays well we can get something for him via trade. My only concern about playing romo is it could get him hurt and then he wouldn't be there if we needed him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splitting hairs on who is most to blame

He not being very good in the last 2 games is really no debatable

not for you...very much as I stated.
When he becomes the reason why we lose then you'd have something, otherwise, you're just getting your post count up, feeling your Wheaties after that 3 point win.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not for you...very much as I stated.
When he becomes the reason why we lose then you'd have something, otherwise, you're just getting your post count up, feeling your Wheaties after that 3 point win.

Ok, I don't know what any of that means

If you think Dak Prescott has played well the last 2 games, I understand now why you wouldn't want a QB change

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I don't know what any of that means

If you think Dak Prescott has played well the last 2 games, I understand now why you wouldn't want a QB change
did I say Dak has played well? I said Dak is not the reason we lost the game last sunday. He played well enough to win on the road a week earlier against a pretty good defense

you want controversy in Dallas....most understandable, but it's not there today

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems lately they are starting to give Dak "more" of the playbook.

Maybe they should take a couple of baby steps backwards to where it was in Week 8 or so when he was cooking...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only fans that are as bad as the "defend the flag at all cost cheerleading Homers" are the ones that are so miserable that they can't be happy even when things are going well.

This guy is actually a DIE hard Dallas fan, he's just pointing out that this could cause internal issues and possibly mess up what's going good ..

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fans aren't concerned. How can you be when your team has an 11-2 record.
They shouldn't be. That's a good problem to have. There are a lot worse things than having two quality QBs and trying to figure out which one to play?
I think you have to stay with the hot hand. But on a short leash just because he's a rookie. No one knows if he's hitting the wall or not?
If that's the case it sure would be nice to have gotten Romo some snaps like I already mentioned.
Tough choice

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is actually a DIE hard Dallas fan, he's just pointing out that this could cause internal issues and possibly mess up what's going good ..
Have you seen his other videos? He is actually a total whiner and cries like a baby every time things don't go well. He seldom does anything other than complain

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen his other videos? He is actually a total whiner and cries like a baby every time things don't go well. He seldom does anything other than complain

Nah, I gotta disagree, sure he has his emotional moments, but he does break it down well and he's pretty tuned into the game ...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I gotta disagree, sure he has his emotional moments, but he does break it down well and he's pretty tuned into the game ...
I guess we will have to disagree then. I've mostly seen a guy that is impulsive, out of control and reactive and seldom shows much knowledge of the game. But, admittedly I usually only see his "rants" after people post them here. I've never searched his opinion out myself and never will. Nothing he can add that a million other opinions on the internet can't. Who knows maybe you follow him more closely and know him better