• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak gonna get paid!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn once you start getting up over $26M or so. I'll go $25M and think about higher than that, but if Dak wants $30M I just can't give it to him right now when I have so many guys to pay. He's got a cheap year left on his rookie contract and then I'll tag him at least once. By that point I understand that QBs will be probably be averaging $5M higher per year than they are now, but I'll know more about what I've got and I'll save money in the interim to pay for it. Dak is a winner and has played some of his best Football late and in tight games and he is a leader on this team, but I'm not going to $30M for a Dak or Wentz or Goff or someone else that isn't top 5 or so when I have the luxury of making them play out their rookie deals and then tag them first. There is no rush. It protects me against injury or a player regressing and I just don't pay these young QBs until I have to as long as the salary cap is in place.

Tag and you lose him. Cousins situation all over. The agent will use the cost of the second tag as a base

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Dak. A young man that lost his mother right out of college and has done a lot more than people thought he would do.

I like him too...seems to be a stand up guy. That's a still lot for Dak's current body of work, but I also think his HC/OC has held him back a little...time to take the training wheels off.

Like all NFL contracts...need to see the guaranteed money.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tag and you lose him. Cousins situation all over. The agent will use the cost of the second tag as a base
I don't see it. Tag him once and he gets a huge raise. He is making peanuts right now. I think it's more a Demarcus Lawrence situation. Tag me once and I'll take my money, become rich and do my job without complaining. Tag me twice and I'm not going for that.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it. Tag him once and he gets a huge raise. He is making peanuts right now. I think it's more a Demarcus Lawrence situation. Tag me once and I'll take my money, become rich and do my job without complaining. Tag me twice and I'm not going for that.

I don’t know the tag prices. I just know that the second one will be something like 20% more than the first, and the agent will base the asking price off of the second tag, and that becomes too big of hit.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn once you start getting up over $26M or so. I'll go $25M and think about higher than that, but if Dak wants $30M I just can't give it to him right now when I have so many guys to pay. He's got a cheap year left on his rookie contract and then I'll tag him at least once. By that point I understand that QBs will be probably be averaging $5M higher per year than they are now, but I'll know more about what I've got and I'll save money in the interim to pay for it. Dak is a winner and has played some of his best Football late and in tight games and he is a leader on this team, but I'm not going to $30M for a Dak or Wentz or Goff or someone else that isn't top 5 or so when I have the luxury of making them play out their rookie deals and then tag them first. There is no rush. It protects me against injury or a player regressing and I just don't pay these young QBs until I have to as long as the salary cap is in place.

Dallas is just in a tough situation because Dak isn’t a superstar but they have so much talent on the team all they need is someone like Dak cause if he left they’d be in big big trouble. These huge contracts Wentz, Goff and Dak are getting will 100% hurt their teams ability to pay other players.
Dak just isn’t an elite thrower like Wentz but Wentz’s problem is the injuries so the Eagles are in a tough spot as well.
Like I said before is if I’m Dak there isn’t a chance in hell am I going into this season without a new deal. After taxes dude hasn’t even made 2 million from the Cowboys. He can’t risk 50 million guaranteed.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because I said let him walk. :L And I don't see Dak as an above avg QB.

The Cowboys have two choices. pay him or let him walk. What would you do?

I agree, 27 - 30 mil seems excessive, but somebody will pay it.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys have two choices. pay him or let him walk. What would you do?

I agree, 27 - 30 mil seems excessive, but somebody will pay it.

They just have no backup plan as of now. They’ve really been fortunate with their QB situation. They were literally hours away from cutting Romo and were blessed Q Carter got caught doing coke and also tried trading up for that tall kid Denver took in the first. I don’t know what they do with a very talented roster and no one else capable outside of Dak (who is good but will never be really good). Too good of a team to let your only capable QB walk.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there are two QB trees the elite tree of which Dak did come from. And the okay he is a QB tree, yep , that's the one
Is Dak elite? IMO no. Is Dak a Franchise QB? IMO Yes.

Too many think only the Elite are Franchise QBs.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is just in a tough situation because Dak isn’t a superstar but they have so much talent on the team all they need is someone like Dak cause if he left they’d be in big big trouble. These huge contracts Wentz, Goff and Dak are getting will 100% hurt their teams ability to pay other players.
Dak just isn’t an elite thrower like Wentz but Wentz’s problem is the injuries so the Eagles are in a tough spot as well.
Like I said before is if I’m Dak there isn’t a chance in hell am I going into this season without a new deal. After taxes dude hasn’t even made 2 million from the Cowboys. He can’t risk 50 million guaranteed.

Dak is a great tight window passer, much better than Wentz. Oh, and Dak's numbers are also better than Wentz...so yeah, if you claim that Wentz is an elite thrower, then Dak is an even more elite thrower. Your words, not mine.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dak prescott sucks fucking dick

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this is serious. Doesn't Rodgers make like $20M/yr?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This must be why they were relatively quiet during FA.....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles got the Eagles to a SB and they won. He got less....

Wow.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady @ $21 million. Less than fucking Andy Dalton....

Nobody said the salary spectrum wasn't FUBAR.

Bradys wife is worth 400 MILLION. He can afford to sign cheap.

Oh hell, who am I kidding, most players especially QBs think they deserve a larger piece than they should.
IMO a high contract for Dak would be $25M. This could still he the case as none of this report is anything more than a guess.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers average is 33M

Fair enough. I guess between that, Cousin's, and Foles' contract it puts Dak around there. You'd figure Cousin's tanking at the end of last season might lower that value some. Also, seems like that might make it tough to sign anyone else. Might be best to give him one more year to prove himself and then tag him if you can't reach a deal.