• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dak gonna get paid!

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contract should be similar in structure to the deals Kaepernick, Bortles, Tannehill, and Dalton signed. Dak hasn't shown he's any better of a player than those guys were when they got their money.

Wrong

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only played 3 years of his 5 year rookie contract and the Cowboys are already going to pay him?

Jerry saw the trend in baseball to extend your high priced guys before they hit free agency and decided to follow suit.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry saw the trend in baseball to extend your high priced guys before they hit free agency and decided to follow suit.
Dallas has for the most part been going this for years. 2019 is just the 6th time Dallas has FT'd a player.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of money tied up at the running back position.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Dak. The only thing about this if true as that it is really going to raise the pay scale dramatically for a bunch of other signings coming up. Goff, Wentz, Mahomes are all going to get a big paycheck sooner rather than later, I think.
Seattle in a tough spot now. With both Wilson and Wagner going into their final year. With the crazy FA signings so far at LB, Safety, etc, Wagner looking at cashing in big time. Him and Wilson will be probably using up 50 mil per between them or damn close to it.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Dak. The only thing about this if true as that it is really going to raise the pay scale dramatically for a bunch of other signings coming up. Goff, Wentz, Mahomes are all going to get a big paycheck sooner rather than later, I think.
Seattle in a tough spot now. With both Wilson and Wagner going into their final year. With the crazy FA signings so far at LB, Safety, etc, Wagner looking at cashing in big time. Him and Wilson will be probably using up 50 mil per between them or damn close to it.

Yes, if these average qb’s are going to keep getting these contracts that are so hard on the cap. Teams will be better off just drafting one every five years and building the rest of team.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if these average qb’s are going to keep getting these contracts that are so hard on the cap. Teams will be better off just drafting one every five years and building the rest of team.
Can't really do that in this league. Not enough QB's in the drafts that are NFL ready and even the really good ones take a few years to really develop for the most part.
As for the cap, it is steadily moving up and the league is making a boatload of money. I doubt that is going to be much of concern for them. It's all us fans that have to pay for it. The cost of going to the games, merchandise, etc. steadily on the rise.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27 mil for dak isnt crazy with the cap going up

That can be argued due to the market, in fact I’ll bet he gets more than that. Cowboys are between a rock and a hard place just like the skins were and still are. I think I’d take my chances on drafting another. Dak’s agent has all the tools he needs to get him paid well. Some of it is due to daks play, but the majority of it has been discussed on here many times, so I’m not even gonna bother.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really do that in this league. Not enough QB's in the drafts that are NFL ready and even the really good ones take a few years to really develop for the most part.
As for the cap, it is steadily moving up and the league is making a boatload of money. I doubt that is going to be much of concern for them. It's all us fans that have to pay for it. The cost of going to the games, merchandise, etc. steadily on the rise.

True, I’ll still say teams will be having these debates amongst themselves though

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contract should be similar in structure to the deals Kaepernick, Bortles, Tannehill, and Dalton signed. Dak hasn't shown he's any better of a player than those guys were when they got their money.
It's as if you don't even own a tv...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a lot for a guy IMO has not shown a team he can be their leader. He will get paid and will bust soon after that. But it's not unlike the Cowboys to overpay anyway.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a lot of money, but if the Cowboys don't pay him that, someone else will. The market determines ones value and I think 27 - 30 mil is probably right where Dak should be based on today's market.

Some of you turds act like decent QB's grow on trees.

QB is the toughest position to fill. Dak is decent. This is not crazy by any stretch.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a lot of money, but if the Cowboys don't pay him that, someone else will. The market determines ones value and I think 27 - 30 mil is probably right where Dak should be based on today's market.

QB is the toughest position to fill. Dak is decent. This is not crazy by any stretch.
Well there are two QB trees the elite tree of which Dak did come from. And the okay he is a QB tree, yep , that's the one

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there are two QB trees the elite tree of which Dak did come from. And the okay he is a QB tree, yep , that's the one
I get it that Dak has some shortcomings and needs to improve to be considered even very good but I disagree with your earlier post about him not being a leader. I think that is something he has in spades and he is tough, durable and athletic. I think if he could get some decent QB coaching and if Garrett and co. will let him just play, he can be very good or at least, top 10. Needs to work on quicker decision making, footwork and timing more than anything.
He will never be that straight drop pocket passer, imo. But he is far better than a lot of so-called franchise guys out there. maybe it's an overpay at this point but no more so than what Cousins got or a few others out there like Carr, Stafford, etc. And look what Miami paid Tanny and what Jax paid Bortles and they have been let go now. I would take Dak over every one of those QB's I mentioned without hesitation. as for the 27+ mil, when you really look at things in the league right now, that's what was a high teens just 5 years ago, relatively speaking.
The only thing is that it does put some pressure on the Rams, Eagles, Chiefs and others moving forward. The agents will use Dallas as a barometer and you know those other young guys will be looking to get north of 30 mil now.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it that Dak has some shortcomings and needs to improve to be considered even very good but I disagree with your earlier post about him not being a leader. I think that is something he has in spades and he is tough, durable and athletic. I think if he could get some decent QB coaching and if Garrett and co. will let him just play, he can be very good or at least, top 10. Needs to work on quicker decision making, footwork and timing more than anything.
He will never be that straight drop pocket passer, imo. But he is far better than a lot of so-called franchise guys out there. maybe it's an overpay at this point but no more so than what Cousins got or a few others out there like Carr, Stafford, etc. And look what Miami paid Tanny and what Jax paid Bortles and they have been let go now. I would take Dak over every one of those QB's I mentioned without hesitation. as for the 27+ mil, when you really look at things in the league right now, that's what was a high teens just 5 years ago, relatively speaking.
The only thing is that it does put some pressure on the Rams, Eagles, Chiefs and others moving forward. The agents will use Dallas as a barometer and you know those other young guys will be looking to get north of 30 mil now.
Okay

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your solution is let him walk? Because if they don't pay him, he will walk.

Regardless of how you rate Dak, the market still determines his value. It's like a pitcher who can eat up innings getting a 100 mil contract. They have a 6 ERA, but...

Dak is an above average QB that is rarely injured. Half the teams in the league would love to have that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your solution is let him walk? Because if they don't pay him, he will walk.

Regardless of how you rate Dak, the market still determines his value. It's like a pitcher who can eat up innings getting a 100 mil contract. They have a 6 ERA, but...

Dak is an above average QB that is rarely injured. Half the teams in the league would love to have that.

Yeah because I said let him walk. :L And I don't see Dak as an above avg QB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm torn once you start getting up over $26M or so. I'll go $25M and think about higher than that, but if Dak wants $30M I just can't give it to him right now when I have so many guys to pay. He's got a cheap year left on his rookie contract and then I'll tag him at least once. By that point I understand that QBs will be probably be averaging $5M higher per year than they are now, but I'll know more about what I've got and I'll save money in the interim to pay for it. Dak is a winner and has played some of his best Football late and in tight games and he is a leader on this team, but I'm not going to $30M for a Dak or Wentz or Goff or someone else that isn't top 5 or so when I have the luxury of making them play out their rookie deals and then tag them first. There is no rush. It protects me against injury or a player regressing and I just don't pay these young QBs until I have to as long as the salary cap is in place.