• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D Jackson contract Breakdown

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much you can read into this to becoming Desean's number, but Aldrick Robinson posted on his twitter a possible switch to #15 giving up his #11. Jackson wore #1 at in college and #10 with the Eagles. 1+10=11. Just a thought :scratch:

Bet Robinson got a free Xbox one or something out of the deal.

So as it sits, our WRs are

Garcon 1/a
Jackson 1/b
Roberts 2 (slot)
Hankerson 3 (if healthy)
Moss 4 (slot duty)
Robinson 5 (outside burner)

Still think we will draft some one with height but not until the 4th or 5th round. And I expect we only carry 2 QBs and 6 WRs.

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Griffin III ‏@RGIII
Fans everywhere please calm down. Not changing my # @DeseanJackson10 will kick off his new beginning with us in a new one #HTTR

There you go. Bomb diffused, crisis averted, Well, that descalated quickly ( wish I had that meme) Who's on the practice squad as a WR?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to get spun the wrong way. The kid doesn't know when to put the twitter button down if he put that out.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... Im guessing our front office actually did their home work on this one. So far Allen has been spot on in his contract and player targeting. You applauded him for his dealings with Riley, Hall, Rak and a few others. Doesnt he at least get the benefit of the doubt on Jackson??

I'm sure they did but you still hedge your investments.

I applaud this move as well. I think you misread my post.

I said this deal protects them from any possibility of DJ screwing up.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they did but you still hedge your investments.

I applaud this move as well. I think you misread my post.

I said this deal protects them from any possibility of DJ screwing up.

Im sure they hedged the hell out of this one. Which is also why I expect we take a WR in the draft if one of the premier six fall to us at 34. Every one seems to forget that we were statistically a top ten offense last year without him. The only way this turns out bad for the Skins is if he gets injured, or suspended for some reason. Aside from that its a high upside move.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at freaking out over a joke about a number.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol - Bitter much?

From that link here is the quote from Jackson

"We talked about it a little bit, but there hasn't been a decision that's been made yet so far," Jackson said on Tuesday. "Maybe RG3 will wear No. 3 and I'll try to get 10. We'll see how it goes."

Big deal! This is obviously tongue-in-cheek and I have no doubt that Jackson will find another number and the issue will be forgotten after that. How in the world do those statements make him a diva? :doh:

Freeforall

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From me earlier in this thread, "Not sure how much you can read into this to becoming Desean's number, but Aldrick Robinson posted on his twitter a possible switch to #15 giving up his #11. Jackson wore #1 at in college and #10 with the Eagles. 1+10=11."

Adam Schefter
Follow
With RGIII sticking with No. 10, new Redskins receiver DeSean Jackson now is leaning toward No. 11.

You were saying???

Last edited by a moderator:

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From me earlier in this thread, "Not sure how much you can read into this to becoming Desean's number, but Aldrick Robinson posted on his twitter a possible switch to #15 giving up his #11. Jackson wore #1 at in college and #10 with the Eagles. 1+10=11."

Adam Schefter
Follow
With RGIII sticking with No. 10, new Redskins receiver DeSean Jackson now is leaning toward No. 11.

You were saying???

You act like it didn't happen, it did. I can't wait till the end of the year after you go 6-10 and within mins of the end of the season he will be asking to restructure his contract for more money because he pisses it away like the unprofessional he is, enjoy!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like it didn't happen, it did. I can't wait till the end of the year after you go 6-10 and within mins of the end of the season he will be asking to restructure his contract for more money because he pisses it away like the unprofessional he is, enjoy!

Wow dude... you sound bitter as hell over this. Dont worry, in Chip you trust. He will bring in some college WRs, no one will figure out his offense and all his players will fall in lock step. You are better off without Jackson and there is no way this move hurts the Eagles. I mean Chip will finally have a Lombardi in Philly in no time. So relax.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not bitter, keep putting words in my mouth fool! I wanted him gone two years ago when he asked for the 5th time to restructure his contract, meanwhile we have guys playing thier hearts out on a entry level/rookie contract who are team players that you never hear a peep outta about money! He's not known as Mesean for no reason, he is a me first player who will destroy any lockerroom with his Diva antics, good riddance and enjoy the drama it's already started!

bdhwg69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude go back to the Eagles board and whine your making yourself look like a sore loser.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people on rookie and low-tier contracts aren't quiet because they're "team players". It's because that's all they're worth.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. the only drama coming out of this is in your mind. You sound like a woman scorned yelling at your ex husbands new wife... he left me.. he will leave you too. Get over it already. If he was that horrid I would think you would be glad he came to DC to wreck our locker room. But your fear is showing. the fear that he will torch your eagles twice a year, not cause any drama and make Chip Kelly look like a pompous fool who has more faith in his system than actual talent. going to irk the shit out of you when the season starts and you realize that there is no fool proof system.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is fear coming from here

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there supposed to be a smack talk thread for stuff like this?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i havent seen him do anything too bad yet . he is borderline though . lets see if he pushes it

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. the only drama coming out of this is in your mind. You sound like a woman scorned yelling at your ex husbands new wife... he left me.. he will leave you too. Get over it already. If he was that horrid I would think you would be glad he came to DC to wreck our locker room. But your fear is showing. the fear that he will torch your eagles twice a year, not cause any drama and make Chip Kelly look like a pompous fool who has more faith in his system than actual talent. going to irk the shit out of you when the season starts and you realize that there is no fool proof system.

Might want to look up his stats for big games including playoffs, he gets shutdown and disappears, I am glad he is out of our lockeroom and in yours, he is a me first player and not what we need anywhere near our young core of players.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might want to look up his stats for big games including playoffs, he gets shutdown and disappears, I am glad he is out of our lockeroom and in yours, he is a me first player and not what we need anywhere near our young core of players.

If he disappears and Garcon goes off for 150 and 2 scores, we are all right. We have another guy capable of 1300 yards so it's all good.