• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G11 6-2-2 Kings @ Flyers 11/4/23

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up on Walker, like I said he was steady but nothing spectacular. Glad to see he is doing well in Philadelphia.

Interesting this was from the SGV Tribune. How on earth do they cover Walker in Philadelphia but TA no longer has a dedicated writer for LA? For those that have a subscription, Eric Stephens is no longer covering Anaheim and LA, he is back to just Anaheim.

I don't know if I'll renew this year (December). I wasn't a fan of Lisa Dillman, she sucked too much King dong so I was happy when she left - everything was roses, yes maam and unrealistic (she had Paul LaDue and JAD stenciled in as regulars in 2020...yeah no, and I was vocal about that as well). Stephens did a more neutral view, which I love from anyone, but was doing double duty.

I just have a hard time believing a big market like LA, now on the upswing, can't get a dedicated writer.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. If you need a goal, go see Cal.

OUCH!! Pretty fair I suppose. Terrible contract by Blake but I think we are all glad he got rid of him. I just hate seeing a player get blasted in the media. I guess for $5 per year I would take a beating in the media from the Philly fans.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OUCH!! Pretty fair I suppose. Terrible contract by Blake but I think we are all glad he got rid of him. I just hate seeing a player get blasted in the media. I guess for $5 per year I would take a beating in the media from the Philly fans.
His 2023-24 earnings haven't been added yet but so far he has an estimated $6.7 million career earnings. He still has this season and next on that 3 year/$15 million deal Blake gave him so in summer 2025 he will have earned roughly $17 million. What's a bit alarming is the third year on that deal his base is $6 million although the cap hit obviously remains at $5 million. That's a big chunk of change for a goalie and more than a lot of legitimate starters make.

The way I see it is he will be almost 31 at that point, have made about $17 million and it doesn't look like he has an NHL career. Get a good financial advisor, invest, get an education to kill some time and better yourself, buy some properties and call it a day.

And I agree, I'd take a beating for that contract he got Philly, TO, where ever else.