• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Curry/Klay/Green or Durant/Westbrook/Harden

Curry/Klay/Green or Durant/Westbrook/Harden

• Curry/Klay/Green

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Durant/Westbrook/Harden

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had to choose one trio to build around, which trio do you take here, and why?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on resume...Curry, Klay and Green.

Based on talent...KD, Westbrook and Harden.

Curry, Klay and Green have titles.

But KD, Westbrook and Harden have become 3 of the top 10 and maybe top 5 players in the league. Literally 3 MVP candidates there.

Have to wonder what they could have been had they been able to stay together.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had to choose one trio to build around, which trio do you take here, and why?

Well,

It is easy to see the former OKC trio has a huge talent advantage, but chemistry and fit go to the Dubs by a long shot.

Still, it is fair to wonder if the Warriors would have ever emerged had OKC kept those 3 together.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But KD, Westbrook and Harden have become 3 of the top 10 and maybe top 5 players in the league. Literally 3 MVP candidates there.

LOL.

Didn't see your post.

Started typing then got a phone call and came back to what I was writing.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Curry, Klay, and Drag because they actually share the ball and the other players may be included.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW, Harden, and KD.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't LeBron/Kyrie/Tristan an option?:noidea:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 ball, and Harden and Westbrook are two of the most selfish players in the league.

Curry is an offensive beast who opens the court for everyone else. Thompson is the unselfish all-around player who is a perfect #2 (he doesn’t have the personality to be a prolonged #1). Green is the defensive monster who is completely content only shooting the ball 3 times in 35 minutes.

As has been stated, the chemistry part of the Dubs trio puts them over the top. If you are asking which trio I would prefer in a video game, maybe I would go with OKC.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went with Option 2.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well,

It is easy to see the former OKC trio has a huge talent advantage, but chemistry and fit go to the Dubs by a long shot.

Still, it is fair to wonder if the Warriors would have ever emerged had OKC kept those 3 together.

What they said.

Plus, I don't think there would be enough basketballs to go around in OKC.

The reason Harden and Paul are coexisting so well is because Cp3 has willingly taken a back seat.

Same thing happened in Miami with Wade, Bosh sacrificing for the greater good.

Westbrook would never surrender the ball like Chris has.

Selfishness has never been a issue with the Warriors.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

But, but... "chemistry" can be learned over time...

Talent wise, OKC trio annihilates.
OKC did have chemistry. If they did not, they weren't beating the Spurs in 2012 WCF. They were 22/21 years old and were already in the Finals facing PRIME LEBRON JAMES and his own super team.

Imagine them having to play more years together, continue to blossom as a team.
Harden the playmaker
Westbrook the athletic freak/scorer
Durant the franchise player.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OKC did have chemistry. If they did not, they weren't beating the Spurs in 2012 WCF. They were 22/21 years old and were already in the Finals facing PRIME LEBRON JAMES and his own super team.

Harden the playmaker
But it DIDNT happen. Harden was traded and Durant couldn’t stand Westbrook’s play-style.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harden the playmaker

I disagree.

Russ and KD never did figure out how to make it work. Would have only been more difficult with Harden. Harden and Westbrook are as ball dominant as they come.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harden the playmaker

Not to mention, Harden may have never turned into the player he is now if he stayed. Would notbhave had nearly as many reps taking turns with Russ and KD. And yes, OKC's offense always has been about the Stars taking turns.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, Harden may have never turned into the player he is now if he stayed. Would notbhave had nearly as many reps taking turns with Russ and KD. And yes, OKC's offense always has been about the Stars taking turns.

Yeah, talent-wise, if those 3 had been able to figure out how to co-exist, they could have been something special.

Agree that Harden wouldn't be the Harden we see today, but then he wouldn't have to be either. If they could have figured it out, they may have been able to be what the Warriors have become.

But, it looks like that would never have happened anyway because Westbrook continues to show that he can't play well with others. At least not for long stretches.

They added talents like PG-13 and Melo and are on pace to finish with just about the same record as they had last year without them. I'm not sure yet what that says. But I don't think its good.

Melo isn't "Melo" anymore, but he can still shoot and PG-13 is being limited to about half of his offensive game, if that.

But Westbrook continues to get his.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, talent-wise, if those 3 had been able to figure out how to co-exist, they could have been something special.

Agree that Harden wouldn't be the Harden we see today, but then he wouldn't have to be either. If they could have figured it out, they may have been able to be what the Warriors have become.

But, it looks like that would never have happened anyway because Westbrook continues to show that he can't play well with others. At least not for long stretches.

They added talents like PG-13 and Melo and are on pace to finish with just about the same record as they had last year without them. I'm not sure yet what that says. But I don't think its good.

Melo isn't "Melo" anymore, but he can still shoot and PG-13 is being limited to about half of his offensive game, if that.

But Westbrook continues to get his.

Yep.

One of the Thunder fans, can't remember which was talking a couple days ago about Russ being a one man band because PG13 and Melo were playing poorly.

Well, he had KD, IMO the best scorer in the league and still played like a 1 man band at times. He had Oladipo (yes I know Dipo has improved his game since last year), who has blossomed into an all league caliber player since leaving, and the narrative was that the support players were trash. Now it is the same story with Adams, George and Melo.

At some point, it isn't about the help and it is more about Russ.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

One of the Thunder fans, can't remember which was talking a couple days ago about Russ being a one man band because PG13 and Melo were playing poorly.

Well, he had KD, IMO the best scorer in the league and still played like a 1 man band at times. He had Oladipo (yes I know Dipo has improved his game since last year), who has blossomed into an all league caliber player since leaving, and the narrative was that the support players were trash. Now it is the same story with Adams, George and Melo.

At some point, it isn't about the help and it is more about Russ.

To the bold, ironically, Russ is probably why they are playing poorly. Melo can still shoot, but he's always been a volume scorer so he needs shots to establish a rhythm. With Russ, he gets those shots inconsistently at best.

PG-13 isn't using nearly as much of his all around offensive game as usual for the same reason and it seems to have broken his shot.

I don't think they're going to be around for long in the playoffs, so their off-season is going to be interesting. Melo will opt in (he'd be stupid not too). The question will be PG-13. When they have actually played together, they have looked really good. Did that happen enough to convince PG-13 to stay though? Especially if they don't at least make the WCF?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the bold, ironically, Russ is probably why they are playing poorly. Melo can still shoot, but he's always been a volume scorer so he needs shots to establish a rhythm. With Russ, he gets those shots inconsistently at best.

PG-13 isn't using nearly as much of his all around offensive game as usual for the same reason and it seems to have broken his shot.

I don't think they're going to be around for long in the playoffs, so their off-season is going to be interesting. Melo will opt in (he'd be stupid not too). The question will be PG-13. When they have actually played together, they have looked really good. Did that happen enough to convince PG-13 to stay though? Especially if they don't at least make the WCF?

Agreed. Really hard to play with guys like Russ.