• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they want Bart in AAA next year. They want him learning from Posey and starting 60 games.
That's not what the rumor mills have been saying since the end of the season. I keep hearing that the Giants are looking outside the or for Posey's backup.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bart was over exposed last year. He was clearly not ready. He needs to go to Sacto to both work on the holes in his game AND rebuild his likely bruised confidence.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bart was over exposed last year. He was clearly not ready. He needs to go to Sacto to both work on the holes in his game AND rebuild his likely bruised confidence.

He definitely needs more time to work on closing the hole in his swing (inside part of the plate). I think it's worth noting, though, that we don't even know when the minor league season is going to start, and how it's going to look. Rumors are it may not be until May or June. I don't think more instructional leagues are going to help Bart, he needs live action to fix the hole in his swing. If he's not facing real competition until May/June, I could see him at least starting off in the majors.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely needs more time to work on closing the hole in his swing (inside part of the plate). I think it's worth noting, though, that we don't even know when the minor league season is going to start, and how it's going to look. Rumors are it may not be until May or June. I don't think more instructional leagues are going to help Bart, he needs live action to fix the hole in his swing. If he's not facing real competition until May/June, I could see him at least starting off in the majors.
That seems like such a strange time to start the minor league season. I guess the teams can evaluate the readiness of minor leaguers by their late spring training game, but I would think that MLB clubs would at least want the AAA season to start earlier so that those guys are in full competition mode close to the same time as the big league club.
And is this a good place to state that I think its stupid that MLB is eliminating full leagues and, in other leagues, shrinking the number of teams, but expanding rosters with the remaining teams? How is that helpful?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Posey going to play this season?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Posey going to play this season?

Why wouldn’t he?

Are crabs red?

(A: Only when cooked)
The question is valid, but, I think, a bit early to ask. Posey opted out of 2020 due to COVID. It hasn't gotten better in public perception. If we are at the same place in 3 months, there is a very real possibility that, unless he changes his mind on possible COVID exposure, Posey considers sitting out 2021 as well. Now, I assume that the vaccine will be readily available to players by then but I don't know how assured players who skipped out 2020 will be about playing in 2021 while vaccinated (and this thread could get political very quickly, I realize).

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants sign Matt Wisler to a 1 year, 1.15M deal. If he can be half as good in 2021 as he was in 2020, then this is a steal of a deal. If 2019 version shows up, meh. He's controllable through 2022, so the Giants can non-tender him if he stinks in 2021. The Giants need relief pitchers so I'm okay with this one (especially considering his 2020 small sample size).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants sign Matt Wisler to a 1 year, 1.15M deal. If he can be half as good in 2021 as he was in 2020, then this is a steal of a deal. If 2019 version shows up, meh. He's controllable through 2022, so the Giants can non-tender him if he stinks in 2021. The Giants need relief pitchers so I'm okay with this one (especially considering his 2020 small sample size).
He's ditched his sinker and cutter...now he's a slider and FB guy. I see him as a Romo type (who he played with on the Twinkies).

Solid FZ pickup. Value in the bully

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a minor league deal, I would assume.... with an invite, of course
I'm surprised he didn't think he could get a more guaranteed deal on the market. The rest of the market of available catchers isn't exactly teeming with premium talent.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised he didn't think he could get a more guaranteed deal on the market. The rest of the market of available catchers isn't exactly teeming with premium talent.
Well... neither is he.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... neither is he.
Considering the need on the market and the lack of high level supply, that evaluates his possibilities. Glad to have him back in the org but if he is signed to a minor league deal, he could be drafted in the Rule 5 draft.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the need on the market and the lack of high level supply, that evaluates his possibilities. Glad to have him back in the org but if he is signed to a minor league deal, he could be drafted in the Rule 5 draft.
I would think that if a team were to draft him, they would have also contacted his agent and offered an MLB contract.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that if a team were to draft him, they would have also contacted his agent and offered an MLB contract.
Not necessarily. The amount they would have to pay him as a Rule 5 could well be less than a deal on the market. I doubt that his likelihood of getting drafted is high but I do think it is a real (if slight) possibility.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This relieves me sooooo much

I mean, how many Chadwicks have there been in MLB? And we almost let him slip away.

CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP
/pacman sounds
greatest “Chadwick” to ever play. First ballot into the Chadwick Hall of Fame...