• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current Roster

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Suarez contract officially sold to the LG Twins.
Casali has hit well as a backup in Cincinnati the past 3 years. Assuming those aren't just bandbox numbers, then I'm okay with the signing. However, more likely, he's just an older version of Tromp, in which case, I don't get the need to sign Casali. He be 32 to start the season and the guy he's backing up is older. I just don't get the Giants' aversion to handing Posey's backup job to a younger player.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Suarez contract officially sold to the LG Twins.
Casali has hit well as a backup in Cincinnati the past 3 years. Assuming those aren't just bandbox numbers, then I'm okay with the signing. However, more likely, he's just an older version of Tromp, in which case, I don't get the need to sign Casali. He be 32 to start the season and the guy he's backing up is older. I just don't get the Giants' aversion to handing Posey's backup job to a younger player.
Had me scratching my head too...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting trade. Both pitchers have had TJ surgery (Coonrod in 2018, Ragsdale in 2019) but the difference being that Coonrod pitched in the big leagues in 2020 and Ragsdale was a 4th round pick in 2020. Seeing Coonrod was working his way out of a big league job with the Giants, I like the trade. I wish that Coonrod would have worked for the Giants. Hope he does well with Philly and Ragsdale turns into a serviceable relief arm for the Giants.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting trade. Both pitchers have had TJ surgery (Coonrod in 2018, Ragsdale in 2019) but the difference being that Coonrod pitched in the big leagues in 2020 and Ragsdale was a 4th round pick in 2020. Seeing Coonrod was working his way out of a big league job with the Giants, I like the trade. I wish that Coonrod would have worked for the Giants. Hope he does well with Philly and Ragsdale turns into a serviceable relief arm for the Giants.
Coon has yet to develop command, and I think FZ got tired of waiting. Also, a lot of RHP relievers on the 40 man, and they need open spots. Lastly, Raggy looks like a legit SP prospect with a devastating deuce and 93-4 FB. If he can develop a change/slider....

We got incrementally better. Again. I really like FZ.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coon has yet to develop command, and I think FZ got tired of waiting. Also, a lot of RHP relievers on the 40 man, and they need open spots. Lastly, Raggy looks like a legit SP prospect with a devastating deuce and 93-4 FB. If he can develop a change/slider....

We got incrementally better. Again. I really like FZ.
Not going to argue with you on the trade but the reports I've read about Ragsdale is that he projects, at best, as a reliever in the big leagues. He sounds a lot like a younger version of the guy they traded him for.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to argue with you on the trade but the reports I've read about Ragsdale is that he projects, at best, as a reliever in the big leagues. He sounds a lot like a younger version of the guy they traded him for.
Command is a huge difference here. Coonrod's never show it -- at any level. Raggy has. I read somewhere that they are going to try to stretch him out as a SP by developing a legit third pitch. He's essentially a high-A prospect at this point.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Command is a huge difference here. Coonrod's never show it -- at any level. Raggy has. I read somewhere that they are going to try to stretch him out as a SP by developing a legit third pitch. He's essentially a high-A prospect at this point.
I wouldn't be surprised that he's initially tried as a starter but moved to the bullpen as he moves up. I hadn't seen any reports on his command so I assume you've read more detailed scouting reports than I have. I wonder if he'll start the year in Eugene or in San Jose.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually kind of like this move. I've been an Alex Wood fan and thought he was underrated. He looked poor in 2020 but rebounded in the playoffs. If he can stay healthy, I think he may be a good signing. I just hope they keep a rotation spot open for Logan Webb.
This means that 4/5ths of the projected starting rotation for this year will be free agents at the end of the season, barring extensions. I do hope that some of the guys in the farm look ready by the end of 2021 to plug into some of these holes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually kind of like this move. I've been an Alex Wood fan and thought he was underrated. He looked poor in 2020 but rebounded in the playoffs. If he can stay healthy, I think he may be a good signing. I just hope they keep a rotation spot open for Logan Webb.
This means that 4/5ths of the projected starting rotation for this year will be free agents at the end of the season, barring extensions. I do hope that some of the guys in the farm look ready by the end of 2021 to plug into some of these holes.
So he would pencil in as our #3?

Cueto
Gausman
Wood
Disclafani
Beede/Webb

???

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to other sources, this is being talked about as a done deal that "just needs finalizing". (Heck, ESPN is already listing La Stella as the starting 2B in the depth chart).

How many infielders does FZ need? Solano, Flores, Dubon, Vosler. And now La Stella... (Not counting Ruf since he is 1B/OF. And yes, Dubon has been playing CF for the Giants.)

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to other sources, this is being talked about as a done deal that "just needs finalizing". (Heck, ESPN is already listing La Stella as the starting 2B in the depth chart).

How many infielders does FZ need? Solano, Flores, Dubon, Vosler. And now La Stella... (Not counting Ruf since he is 1B/OF. And yes, Dubon has been playing CF for the Giants.)
Now the Giants will have two 2nd basemen as utility types. This move makes a bit more sense if the DH gets implemented again in the NL, but even then, there was a logjam of playable bats without enough lineup spots. Unless the Giants are going to flip Solano or Flores in a deal to get prospects or relief help, this obsession to sign a lefty for lefty's sake is puzzling (and this is coming from a lefty!).
And is LaStella another Justin Turner . . . or Zack Cozart?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Giants will have two 2nd basemen as utility types. This move makes a bit more sense if the DH gets implemented again in the NL, but even then, there was a logjam of playable bats without enough lineup spots. Unless the Giants are going to flip Solano or Flores in a deal to get prospects or relief help, this obsession to sign a lefty for lefty's sake is puzzling (and this is coming from a lefty!).
And is LaStella another Justin Turner . . . or Zack Cozart?
I think this was a solid, FZ incremental add move. He's multi positional, hits LH, and is an ELITE K/BB guy. Leads the entire majors by a ton. Dude just refuses to strike out, and the power is emerging. He'll hold down 2B until Wilson arrives.

Solid move.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this a "now I have UT players I can add to a trade" ? Because there are a LOT of 'decent' (not star) players in the Giants' bin that simply wont play in the majors in 2021, OR will be on the express shuttle between AAA and the majors.

Or, it being FZ, will be DFA'd ...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been any news on Solano and/or Moronta?