• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current HOF players

Is Ryan a HOF player

• Total voters

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also to be factored in is that the Hall inducts a maximum of 7 players per year. Sometimes only 6. Maybe all these guys make the Hall, I doubt it though. There are other positions to be considered.
8-9 right now would be average based on how long Brady and Brees have played.

So

Brady
Brees
Ben
AR

Then 4-5 other guys from the guys currently starting

Eli
Rivers
Ryan
Wilson
Luck
Mahomes
Goff
Wentz
Watson
Baker
Dak

Etc etc

4-5 of those guys ( minimum ) will get in at some point . At least thats what history tells us

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not generally although it certainly has in some instances but thats not my point . I'm just pointing out that the odds tell us ( looking at history ) that there are 8-9 guts currently playing QB who are going to be in the Hall . In the 18 years since Brady and Brees came into rve league we should CURRENTLY have 6-7 other guts playing the position who will get in

Who's in just by collecting numbers? I know your arguing for Ryan but without a Lombardi in his back pocket I don't think he get in, especially if the over inflated QB numbers continue with other QB following his retirement.

Eli is in off his Lombardi's, Ben may be in Ryan's shoes without his Lombardi's.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly. What I am saying is that there are very few spots and quarterback is not the only position. How many defensive lineman are better at their job that River is at his. Safeties? Linebackers? O-lineman? Tht all must be considered.
You tell me - since 2004, how many of those positions have come into the NFL and ended their careers ranking in the top 10 in so many metrics, like Rivers does?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's in just by collecting numbers? I know your arguing for Ryan but without a Lombardi in his back pocket I don't think he get in, especially if the over inflated QB numbers continue with other QB following his retirement.

Eli is in off his Lombardi's, Ben may be in Ryan's shoes without his Lombardi's.
I'm not talking about Ryan . I'm stating there are currently 8-9 guys playing starting QB who will end up HoFers. We know 4 of them and if you assume Eli is in that still leaves 3-4 other guys .

That's based on the history of the Hall taking QBs.

Who those 3-4 other guys will be is anyone's guess

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Ok let's try this .

Currently Ryan has played 4 less seasons than Big Ben, Rivers and Eli and 2 less than Rodgers .

Gun to your head , knowing the 5 guys durability and current trending , who of those 5 do you think ends with more yards.

Right now

Ben 56,100
Eli 55,900
Rivers 54,700
Ryan 46,700
Rodgers 42,900

Then TDS

Right now

Rivers 374
Ben 363
Eli 360
Rodgers 338
Ryan 295

Once again knowing Ben, Rivers , Eli have all played 4 more seasons and Rodgers 2 more and their current play plus durability . Your life on the line . Who ya taking to end with the most in both categories ?
We have gone over this before. Rodgers started the same year Ryan started in 2008. Rodgers 165 games played Ryan 174 due to injuries and junk time under Favre. Ryan has always been a compiler of passing yards as several people have mentioned so it doesnt surprise me that he has a nice cushion on Rodgers. Rodgers has been efficient in his career which leads to less pass attempts.

Rodgers 5492 Ryan 6201

However there is a clear difference in accolades between the two but both should still play at a high level for several more years.

I thin Ryan will need a ring to make the HOF

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-9 right now would be average based on how long Brady and Brees have played.

So

Brady
Brees
Ben
AR

Then 4-5 other guys from the guys currently starting

Eli
Rivers
Ryan
Wilson
Luck
Mahomes
Goff
Wentz
Watson
Baker
Dak

Etc etc

4-5 of those guys ( minimum ) will get in at some point . At least thats what history tells us

If you are using Brady's career as the timeline, 2 QBS are already in the Hall. Aikman and Favre overlap.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't always work like that. A perfect example is Eli. If you watch the games you will say to yourself this guy can make a great throw every now and then but he is not a HOF QB.
It's been said that SB victories are a huge "add on" to a QB's qualifications. It's always been that way, even for other positions.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tell me - since 2004, how many of those positions have come into the NFL and ended their careers ranking in the top 10 in so many metrics, like Rivers does?

What metrics are there for those other positions? They can only be compared to players of their era. For instance, I would say that Baktari is a better o-lineman than Rivers is a QB but I can't find stats to back it up.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many people in the HOF that they ought to open a separate exhibit called the Hall of the Elite. To think that Tom Brady and Phil Rivers may have the same designation just doesn't sound right.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are using Brady's career as the timeline, 2 QBS are already in the Hall. Aikman and Favre overlap.
I'm using the beginning of his career as the base but right now as the standard for how many guys currently playing should be in based on history . Guys already in aren't relevant because the guys he's played with who will get in has rotated as he's played ( manning, Favre, Warner etc ) but at any given time he should be playing with 7-8 more future Hall of Famers . That number will be the same if he's still playing 5 years from now but the guys will be different

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither is just throwing for a ton of yards. Rivers, however, is top 10 all-time in many different metrics, both qualitative and quantitative. That gets you in.

The number of elite players in the era you play in is irrelevant. Basically all you are saying is that it's impossible for there to be a certain amount of elite players, and that just makes no sense.
What you are saying is that you are HOF worthy if you are the 6th best player each season that you play.
I disagree.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are saying is that you are HOF worthy if you are the 6th best player each season that you play.
I disagree.
No, what I'm saying is that if you rank in the top 10 all-time in several different metrics, both qualitative and quantitative, you deserve to be honored as an all-time great.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have gone over this before. Rodgers started the same year Ryan started in 2008. Rodgers 165 games played Ryan 174 due to injuries and junk time under Favre. Ryan has always been a compiler of passing yards as several people have mentioned so it doesnt surprise me that he has a nice cushion on Rodgers. Rodgers has been efficient in his career which leads to less pass attempts.

Rodgers 5492 Ryan 6201

However there is a clear difference in accolades between the two but both should still play at a high level for several more years.

I thin Ryan will need a ring to make the HOF
None of that is relevant to their ages. Rodgers is 2 years older than Ryan and far less durable . If both guys play til theyre 40 Ryan will still play 2 extra years . Thats the point

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm using the beginning of his career as the base but right now as the standard for how many guys currently playing should be in based on history . Guys already in aren't relevant because the guys he's played with who will get in has rotated as he's played ( manning, Favre, Warner etc ) but at any given time he should be playing with 7-8 more future Hall of Famers . That number will be the same if he's still playing 5 years from now but the guys will be different

100 years of play, 26 QBs in with 4 more locks. That would mean 5 players who started in the lsst 20 years should make the Hall on probability. That leaves room for 1 more.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what I'm saying is that if you rank in the top 10 all-time in several different metrics, both qualitative and quantitative, you deserve to be honored as an all-time great.
That's bullshit. The rules change, the game has changed. QB's throw for more yards on more pass attempts now. I suppose by your logic, if he ends up with better career numbers that Rivers is a better player than Marino or Montana.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100 years of play, 26 QBs in with 4 more locks. That would mean 5 players who started in the lsst 20 years should make the Hall on probability. That leaves room for 1 more.
There are 26 modern era QBs in. That's over the course of roughly 50 years since Brady began

Go back and look at any given year from any decade in the 60s-90s. There's always ALWAYS 7-9 future HoFers playing at the same time .

You're not understanding careers at different stages or the impact of careers lasting longer .

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither is just throwing for a ton of yards. Rivers, however, is top 10 all-time in many different metrics, both qualitative and quantitative. That gets you in.

The number of elite players in the era you play in is irrelevant. Basically all you are saying is that it's impossible for there to be a certain amount of elite players, and that just makes no sense.

Tony Romo

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 26 modern era QBs in. That's over the course of roughly 50 years since Brady began

Go back and look at any given year from any decade in the 60s-90s. There's always ALWAYS 7-9 future HoFers playing at the same time .

You're not understanding careers at different stages or the impact of careers lasting longer .
Looking at those 26, from the 1940's till today, nearly every one of them were a top 1-3 QB in the league for several years that they played or have Superbowl titles. Being best at your position should be required over accumulated stats.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just for fun, spend an hour going thru the career leaders. Strange names show up on the metrics. For instance, Colin Kapernick is #2 in lowest interception %

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's bullshit. The rules change, the game has changed. QB's throw for more yards on more pass attempts now. I suppose by your logic, if he ends up with better career numbers that Rivers is a better player than Marino or Montana.
"Better career numbers" is a subjective statement. However, his statistics show he's a HOFer. Pretty simple.