• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Current HOF players

Is Ryan a HOF player

• Total voters

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok example
Future HoFers ( locks ) in the league

Favre
Warner
Manning
Brady
Brees
Ben
Rodgers

Kelly
Young
Manning
Aikman
Favre
Warner
Moon
Elway
Marino

Montana
Young
Moon
Marino
Elway
Fouts
Aikman

And on and on

The list rotates as guys come in and guys retire but in almost any given year there are 7-9 future Hall of Famers playing QB in the league.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Rivers is considered to be behind some guys - not a lot - in his own era is because he doesn't have a SB ring. If Tom Brady or Brett Favre played on the Chargers, they wouldn't have rings either. It's been a wildly inconsistent franchise with terrible ownership and under-performing FO staffers.

No. You said he's '6th in this, 8th in that,' etc. etc. Those are just stats in bulk largely built on the era he's played in, because he's mostly behind guys who are still playing.

And why does Ken Anderson deserve to get in? What's the even based on?

4 time passing champion, twice led the league in yards, a league MVP. He was better than the guys being talked about in this thread.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at those 26, from the 1940's till today, nearly every one of them were a top 1-3 QB in the league for several years that they played or have Superbowl titles. Being best at your position should be required over accumulated stats.
All thats fine but not the point . Thus started based on a claim 8 guys playing at the same time cant make the Hall when in fact 8 is about the average and that average will only go up as guys play longer . I dont care who you think the other guys are but there are at least 4 other guys ( other than Brady, Brees, Ben and AR) playing right now who are going to get in

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All thats fine but not the point . Thus started based on a claim 8 guys playing at the same time cant make the Hall when in fact 8 is about the average and that average will only go up as guys play longer . I dont care who you think the other guys are but there are at least 4 other guys ( other than Brady, Brees, Ben and AR) playing right now who are going to get in

Probably 2 or 3 more still in college. Add high school too

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun, spend an hour going thru the career leaders. Strange names show up on the metrics. For instance, Colin Kapernick is #2 in lowest interception %
How many years did he play compared to Rivers? You have to be smart about it if you're going to dissect statistics.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Better career numbers" is a subjective statement. However, his statistics show he's a HOFer. Pretty simple.
No it doesn't. It shows he played in an era of high volume numbers. He was still never considered a top 4-5 QB.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't. It shows he played in an era of high volume numbers. He was still never considered a top 4-5 QB.
So then why should any QBs in this era be inducted then? If you're boiling it down to such an idiotic metric, they're all disqualified.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your whole argument is that even though he was never considered a top 3 QB in any season, he should get into the HOF because of a quota?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. Where does he rank in terms of yards, comp%, TDs? Nowhere to be seen. Nice try though.

Of course not. Just interesting results in the metrics.

Another good one. Arguably the best football player of all-time, Jim Brown, ranks tied for 183rd in Approximate Value for his career. AV is based on metrics.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You said he's '6th in this, 8th in that,' etc. etc. Those are just stats in bulk largely built on the era he's played in, because he's mostly behind guys who are still playing.

4 time passing champion, twice led the league in yards, a league MVP. He was better than the guys being talked about in this thread.
Among active QBs, he's:

5th in comp%
5th in yards
3rd in TDs
5th in rating
4th in YPA

And to put it into perspective, he's 5th in pass attempts among active players, which I'd say undoubtedly makes him a top 5 QB of arguably the best QB era we've ever seen. In an era of QBs who are just getting "stats in bulk", I'd say that's a damn solid resume.

Not a bad point on Anderson though, I'd agree with you that he should be in. Also took Cincy to their two SBs, didn't he?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. Just interesting results in the metrics.

Another good one. Arguably the best football player of all-time, Jim Brown, ranks tied for 183rd in Approximate Value for his career. AV is based on metrics.
So you're finding a few random outliers on one metric here and there and this somehow discredits a guy who is top 10 in several major ones? That makes sense to you?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then why should any QBs in this era be inducted then? If you're boiling it down to such an idiotic metric, they're all disqualified.
You don't get it. If you are the best or at least a top 3 in the league for a few seasons, you can get in without Superbowl victories. Superbowl victories are a huge add on.
Brees has been top 3 for many years. Same with Brady. Same with Rogers. Maholmes has 1 year in. Luck has a few.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among active QBs, he's:

5th in comp%
5th in yards
3rd in TDs
5th in rating
4th in YPA
Doesn't really matter. He's never been considered a top 3 QB in any season.

Hall of pretty Good.

I will say that I think he will get in. I just don't think he should.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're finding a few random outliers on one metric here and there and this somehow discredits a guy who is top 10 in several major ones? That makes sense to you?

No. Just pointing out that metrics can be flawed. Rivers has been good for a long time. Looking at the metrics, he is a HOFer. However, are the metrics he has an outlier because I just don't see him in the HOF?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get it. If you are the best or at least a top 3 in the league for a few seasons, you can get in without Superbowl victories. Superbowl victories are a huge add on.
Brees has been top 3 for many years. Same with Brady. Same with Rogers. Maholmes has 1 year in. Luck has a few.
Brees, Brady, and Rodgers are surefire, no doubt HOFers, and Brees and Rodgers only have 1 SB ring. They also played on exponentially better teams.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't really matter. He's never been considered a top 3 QB in any season.

Hall of pretty Good.

I will say that I think he will get in. I just don't think he should.
"Pretty good", get the hell out of here. Pretty ignorant statement for the career he's had.