• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CSN Discussing the McCaskey's Relationship with Holmgren

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing has been confirmed, but apparently this is quite the talk amongst reporters and insiders.

Yikes… I don't think I like this one bit.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the most likable guy, but he has been to the Super Bowl with three different organizations. Once as a OC, once as a HC, and once as a HC/GM. I don't know in what capacity the Bears would want him, but he has experience on the field and in the front office.....and he knows football.

All I'm saying is that we could do a lot worse.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that Holmgren is interested in the SF job. On the SF board, there are a couple threads dedicated to that topic.

As for the Bears, he would be an awesome GM. As Wounded pointed out, the guy knows football.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's in the front office, I'm more than fine with it. I think he offers a ton.

But I'm not a fan of bringing him in as a head coach. Older head coaches with their glory years behind them, don't tend to do well on their last go-round coming out of retirement. I know it's not all that long ago that he coached… but still… he was around a long freaking time.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's in the front office, I'm more than fine with it. I think he offers a ton.

But I'm not a fan of bringing him in as a head coach. Older head coaches with their glory years behind them, don't tend to do well on their last go-round coming out of retirement. I know it's not all that long ago that he coached… but still… he was around a long freaking time.
Oh yes — I absolutely would be happy with him as President of Football Operations or some such, and less so as head coach.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also think the head coaches that demanded GM responsibilities is not the kind of GM most coaches want to work for. They would prefer working with the GM. I guess you can ask Trestman, he was not even allowed to pick his coordinators. So bottom line do you want Holmgren making those football calls or Emery, but new regime is another year of hoping to meet expectations.

BigLiquid530

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Holmgren would be great GM for us. Coaching not sure. I just know this time around they can't fuck it up.

Biggix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should hire an opposite guy... Meaning whatever ownership wants to do this guy steps in and does the exact opposite! Idk it worked for George Costanza lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should hire an opposite guy... Meaning whatever ownership wants to do this guy steps in and does the exact opposite! Idk it worked for George Costanza lol

Lol… Good call.

At 0:43… Pretty much how I picture Emery and Trestman's meeting going down, when discussing whether or not to bench Jay.

"YES! Normally I would never bench Jay! But I will do the opposite!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY

(Not sure why the youtube link option never works)

Biggix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing has ever worked out for the Bears with tuna on toast lmao!

C

cubzzzfanincali

I nominate you for GM. Your approach is sound.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol… Good call.

At 0:43… Pretty much how I picture Emery and Trestman's meeting going down, when discussing whether or not to bench Jay.

"YES! Normally I would never bench Jay! But I will do the opposite!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY

Just paste the url.

if it appears as https....delete the "s".

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rich, when you select the YouTube link, just paste everything after the = sign.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even have to use the "tags" anymore.

Just paste the whole url, by itself, and make sure the http has no "s" at the end. If it does, delete it, and yer good to go.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think he wants to head coach? He hasnt done it years, and has shown no interest in coaching. It would be upper management if anything, and i would not be opposed to it.