• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowherd: just admit you're critical of Lebron because you're worried he's better than Jordan

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take LeBron off the Cavs and they have no shot getting out of the first round, if they even make the playoffs.

I disagree. I mean, I like to give the Cavs fans shit about the Cavs record without Lebron as much as anyone. But I'd have to think that if he were removed from the team, they'd figure out how to play without him and would still end up being pretty darn good.

After all, they do still have 2 other all star caliber players.

Plus the other-worldly talents of Tristan Kardashian. lol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, people get pissed at the fact a team accomplishment such as titles are brought up in these convo's, but when you're talking about the top 10 players of all time and the numbers are close in comparison, it's one of the last and most important things to go on.

LeBron's numbers are second only to Jordan, he's got better numbers imo than KAJ, Magic, or Kobe

LeBron is second to a lot of people though in championships, the other thing that sets Jordan apart is the 6/6 FMVP's, LeBron is 3/3 but one would think at his progressing age that if he were to get a few more rings it might end up going to a guy like Kyrie.
First it's a team sport and the team accomplished those championships - I get that and I understand it, but...

The reason that the championships is brought up routinely is because each player adjusted his individual stats to the other player in order to win those titles. The fact remains is that Michael Jordan found more ways to work with his team, make them better and found the right combination that was a championship formula. Individual stats by themselves are worthless if you can't find a way to win with your team. Kobe Bryant never won more championships without Marc Gasol and Shaq only won one more without Kobe and honestly - I think a good argument could be made for Shaq being better than LeBron. I think player for player - the Shaq and Kobe would have rolled right over Lebron's team.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LIst of HOF'ers jordan faced in finals, idk if this helps or hurts his case, just listing them, don't yell at me.

Magic Johnson
James Worthy

Drexler

Barkley

Payton

Malone
Stockton

Malone
Stockton

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I mean, I like to give the Cavs fans shit about the Cavs record without Lebron as much as anyone. But I'd have to think that if he were removed from the team, they'd figure out how to play without him and would still end up being pretty darn good.

After all, they do still have 2 other all star caliber players.

Plus the other-worldly talents of Tristan Kardashian. lol
Well by now they would have had Wiggins to go with Irving and most likely another couple of nice first round picks and would be just about ready to start making the playoffs. I doubt they would have in the year they traded Wiggins for Love though. I think that would have been a stretch.

That being said, however it would have been close either way - the Eastern Conference is a situation where you have to work hard to miss the playoffs, so who knows

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LIst of HOF'ers jordan faced in finals, idk if this helps or hurts his case, just listing them, don't yell at me.

Magic Johnson
James Worthy

Drexler

Barkley

Payton

Malone
Stockton

Malone
Stockton

I would be willing to bet that when it is all said and done, the list LeBron has faced will be longer and more accomplished.

That is not taking anything away from the players Jordan faced. They were great. But, Jordan never had to go through a team as talented (still young) as OKC. As polished with 3-4 future HOF players like SA or even GS. Klay and Dray could very well be HOF players too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he should. He's the star. He gets the credit when the win and the blame when they lose. That's it works.

You forgot some of Hall of Famers and all stars that MJ faced. Also, KD and Curry may end up with better resume's. But part of the reason for that is that they didn't have to go through MJ.

Very true, but they do have to go through LeBron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well by now they would have had Wiggins to go with Irving and most likely another couple of nice first round picks and would be just about ready to start making the playoffs. I doubt they would have in the year they traded Wiggins for Love though. I think that would have been a stretch.

That being said, however it would have been close either way - the Eastern Conference is a situation where you have to work hard to miss the playoffs, so who knows

That is not true anymore.

9th seed in the East is 36-39

9th seed in the West is 35-39

The West may have the best teams, but they are top heavy. Houston may be on the same level, but they are not better than Cleveland's comp in the East.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it doesn't matter bc he is in the East and always has been in the East. Saying he wouldn't get out of the West is just all opinion bc we don't know and honestly it doesn't matter at all. The fact is he got to 7 straight Finals and that is an accomplishment in itself. Sorry, but if a loss is a loss whether it is in the Finals or in the first round than the losses aren't looked at it, it's the wins that are weighed.
Not opinion. If they lost to the West champion in the finals, they would have lost earlier in the playoff series to the same team.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Warriors never saw a team that could defend the perimeter like the Bulls.

Yeah let's see how many of those jumpers go in with hands all up in their grill.

The game may be a bit less physical overall but the refs still let them play in the finals.

Id love to see the new Warriors and old school Supersonics go at it

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a worse supporting cast once, his first season. Ever since then, he's had at least 2 other all stars on his team.

The competition he faced was not better than the competition MJ faced. Pretty much every team that MJ faced had 1 or 2 Hall of Famers and another and/or another all star on the team. The competition that Labron faced might have been as good, but it definitely wasn't better than what MJ faced. MJ's teams just did a better job of beating those teams because MJ was that good.

I assume you mean finals?

His first finals was no all stars vs a dynasty spurs team without HC

Also in 2015 finals Kyrie and love were both out...

That is 2 of the 4 losses right there...Really his only loss i give him credit for was blowing it against dallas.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to bet that when it is all said and done, the list LeBron has faced will be longer and more accomplished.

That is not taking anything away from the players Jordan faced. They were great. But, Jordan never had to go through a team as talented (still young) as OKC. As polished with 3-4 future HOF players like SA or even GS. Klay and Dray could very well be HOF players too.

Jordan didn't face 1 team anywhere near as highly ranked offensively or defensively as the GSW, and this years team you can just forget about it. Even the spurs teams rank higher than every team jordan faced.

All this talk about rings and the thing about lebron i rank the highest is the year he dragged a d-league team to the finals. That impressed me the most about his game.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Magic Johnson
James Worthy

Drexler

Barkley

Payton

Malone
Stockton

Malone
Stockton

Reactions: TJL

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So instead of a meme, answer the question. Why is it better to lose in the Championship game than the CCG?

Some questions are so stupid that you don't think they need an answer, but I guess I overestimated you.

Let's see if we can do this Socratically. I'll answer your question with a question: Is it better to lose in the conference championship game or to lose in the divisional playoff game? If you know that answer you know the answer to our first question.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah let's see how many of those jumpers go in with hands all up in their grill.

The game may be a bit less physical overall but the refs still let them play in the finals.

Id love to see the new Warriors and old school Supersonics go at it

I love watching Steph Curry...but The Glove would make him cry.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you mean finals?

His first finals was no all stars vs a dynasty spurs team without HC

Also in 2015 finals Kyrie and love were both out...

That is 2 of the 4 losses right there...Really his only loss i give him credit for was blowing it against dallas.

Not having Kyrie and Love doesn't mean a thing. End result was still a loss. The Lakers lost a finals with Magic and Byron Scott out. No one is saying those losses shouldn't count against Magic and Kareem.

End of the day, you make it to the finals and you win or lose. Period. There are no excuses.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching Steph Curry...but The Glove would make him cry.

That's what I'm sayin. The last player in the history of the NBA Curry wants to see is The Glove checkin him.

And I like to watch Steph play. Always have

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on their finals records, getting through Lebron is much easier than getting through MJ.:D

unless their situations were 100% identical, which they were not, there is no way anybody can know that for sure.

The Spurs and Warriors are far superior to any team Jordan faced in the Finals. I agree Gary Payton would be a difficult matchup for Curry, but LOL if you think the Sonics were the better team. Andre Iguodala would have been their 3rd best player.

And no, Payton was not better than Curry. They would have canceled out at best.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan didn't face 1 team anywhere near as highly ranked offensively or defensively as the GSW, and this years team you can just forget about it. Even the spurs teams rank higher than every team jordan faced.

All this talk about rings and the thing about lebron i rank the highest is the year he dragged a d-league team to the finals. That impressed me the most about his game.

I love an argument based off offensive rankings in a current league watered down with no defense until April.

You Lebron lovers have it so bad you go to these lengths to try to prove some bullshit off rankings? In 2 different eras?

men vs boys