• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowherd: just admit you're critical of Lebron because you're worried he's better than Jordan

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what he is doing - and I understand - He is young - and trying to build up a name for himself. They want to sell his name for shoes and clothing. He intends to strike it big before he even plays his first game

I meant the Dad, Lavar. It's all anyone talks about. He's gonna get a reality show, and a clothing brand, and all sorts of paid stuff. The dad, not the kids. He's setting himself up as the ringleader of the family business. And by saying crazy stuff he gets free airtime anytime he wants.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant the Dad, Lavar. It's all anyone talks about. He's gonna get a reality show, and a clothing brand, and all sorts of paid stuff. The dad, not the kids. He's setting himself up as the ringleader of the family business. And by saying crazy stuff he gets free airtime anytime he wants.
I might have known - lol, but I think that's okay to be honest - He's not doing anything the rest of us wouldn't do

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have known - lol, but I think that's okay to be honest - He's not doing anything the rest of us wouldn't do

I tend to agree. I wouldn't do it that way myself but in the current era of Kardashians and Real Housewives and so on it's the smart money move. I was just responding to posters who think Lavar is crazy or hurting himself. Not even close.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. I wouldn't do it that way myself but in the current era of Kardashians and Real Housewives and so on it's the smart money move. I was just responding to posters who think Lavar is crazy or hurting himself. Not even close.
Those reality shows are actuality shows whether they stage the events for the tv. Give me an old Mannix tv episode any time

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Brown was in the NBA?

Where in this post did you say anything about the NBA?

Um, literally? He literally brought a championship to Cleveland, and that hasn't been done before.

The Cleveland Indians won the World Series in 1920 and 1948. The Cleveland Browns won the NFL Championship in 1950, 1954, 1955 and 1964.

Additionally, the Cleveland Rams were NFL Champions in 1945.

So, bringing a championship to Cleveland was done 7 times before Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ring count matters but not the record. I know of all people you know this.

I, of all people, know that the record does, in fact, matter. Strong cases can be made for both Kareem and Magic as GOAT. Kareem has the same number of rings as MJ and played in 10 finals. Magic has 5 rings, was finals MVP as a rookie and has played in 9 finals.

The reason MJ is the GOAT and not Kareem or Magic? MJ never lost in the finals, Kareem and Magic each lost 4 times.
I know of all people you know this. He has some those L's in the Finals record because he willed his teams to those games while MJ was getting knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round. It's like we go over this every year and most of you pea-brained Laker fans still don't get it :pound:

Magic is 5-4 in Finals. 9 appearances is amazing, nobody looks at those 4 losses. If Lebron gets 5 or 6 rings record won't matter but the type of player he is and the fact he was and still is great at every facet like MJ was puts him in the discussion. You have to look at everything as a whole, not just one column bud.

Did Wiggy hack your account? I only ask because I know you're not this stupid.

I do look at more than 1 column, that's why I have said that Magic and Kareem are in the discussion. Rings and finals record are the tiebreaker and just as Magic and Kareem fall short in that area which keeps them from being ahead of MJ as GOAT...Lebron even falls short of Kareem and Magic.

You can't be #1 if you can't beat #2 and #3.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they weren't

Curry wasn't the finals mvp

Durant was the alpha when westbrick lost in the finals. enjoy

Wrong...as usual. Just because Curry wasn't the finals MVP, doesn't mean he wasn't the alpha on that team. He was it's biggest star.

Also, Westbrook was the alpha on that team. He was the one running things and handling the ball/taking the most shots at the end of games. If KD was the alpha, he'd have been demanding the ball in those situations and he never did. Imagine what would have happened if Westbrook had tried dominating the ball like that with someone like Kobe, Shaq, D-Wade...heck even Lebron.

So again, you only shit on yourself. Enjoy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's better to be #3, by not even making the Finals? Again, you guys are conflating different things. It's got nothing to do with MJ vs LBJ or legacies even. It's simply better to win more playoff series than to lose in earlier rounds. End of story. Why is this hard?

Of course, Ricky Bobby knows better:

db5b73afe45b468f27b8fa203459af5eddc1251b301a695465b66302dec45146.jpg
I never said it's better to be number three. I said it doesn't fucking matter! Do you read!?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what is really funny about all of this?

People continue to criticize LeBron for his Finals losses without crediting him for getting there, which is an accomplishment.

If the Cavs somehow falter in the East playoffs this year, those same people will crucify LeBron for NOT making the Finals. He literally can't win unless he wins a ring. I can't think of another athlete in the history of sports that has been true for.

The Cleveland Cavaliers are not the best team in the NBA this year. If they somehow win a title, it will be on the back on LeBron James, much like it was last year.

He is easily the greatest player of the last 15-20 years. The Cavs will not and should not be favorites against either the Warriors or Spurs if they make the Finals. Yet, it will still be a stain on LeBron's legacy if they lose. I just don't get that.

Wins matter most. Losing to an inferior team matters. LeBron has really only done that once in the last decade. Failing to beat a team that is better than his should not be held against him.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are a dead heat in field goal percentage though and Michael scored more points per game and was scoring champion 10 x, 3 more championship and never lost in the finals - not even once. It's a mixed bag - there if you go line by line. Nothing in there says LeBron is better over all - just on somethings and even then - so Lebron had one more rebound per game better -That's not enough to say LeBron was better at that.
Your chart doesn't mention steals...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also never beat a team as good as the Warriors or Spurs. You can't really compare the victories bc it is a different era, different rules, different competition, etc. The Jazz had some great teams but nowhere near how great these Pop teams are or Warrior teams. Lebron has the best Finals victory than any of MJ's, just sayin.

:L
That's funny shit there. Millennial? Is there no end to your Lebron love? Does it go over mountains and valley and oceans? :pound:

The Bulls would have hammered the Warriors last year. GS wins 1 game and sure as hell doesn't have the Bulls down 3-1.

There is no team out there that could have handled the Bulls defense much less their offense on that 96 team. That Seattle team was loaded on offense and got HAMMERED. Down 3-0 in the finals.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone saying that it means something to make but lose in the finals, that is questionable. We all know that the East has been historically weak. If the Cavs were in the West, they wouldn't have made the finals at all. Nobody can say with a straight face that the years Lebrons teams lost in the finals, and there have have been a lot of those, that they were the second best team in the league. Well, maybe the Heat that one year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People continue to criticize LeBron for his Finals losses without crediting him for getting there, which is an accomplishment.

Not all accomplishments are created equal. Throughout Lebron's entire career, getting out of the East wasn't nearly as tough as getting out of the West. People want to give Lebron credit for just getting out of the East even though, as Husker points out, it's unlikely the Cavs could have gotten out of the West.

Then, after getting to the finals out of a weak East, he can't finish the deal. End of the day, winning is all that matters and Lebron has a losing record in the finals.

If the Cavs somehow falter in the East playoffs this year, those same people will crucify LeBron for NOT making the Finals. He literally can't win unless he wins a ring. I can't think of another athlete in the history of sports that has been true for.

Then you need to think harder. That's how it is for a superstar player like Lebron. When his team wins, he gets the lions share of the credit. Therefore, when they lose, he gets the lions share of the blame. It's always been that way for superstar players.

When Kobe and the Lakers were relevant, Kobe got the majority of the credit when they won and pretty much all of the blame when they didn't.

MJ gets a ton of credit for the Bulls 6 titles, but he also gets blamed for the years prior when they didn't make the finals.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
That's funny shit there. Millennial? Is there no end to your Lebron love? Does it go over mountains and valley and oceans? :pound:

The Bulls would have hammered the Warriors last year. GS wins 1 game and sure as hell doesn't have the Bulls down 3-1.

There is no team out there that could have handled the Bulls defense much less their offense on that 96 team. That Seattle team was loaded on offense and got HAMMERED. Down 3-0 in the finals.

Well I actually have facts to prove that Warriors/Spurs are better than any Finals teams the Bulls have faced you are going off opinion saying they would hammer the Warriors. The Bulls never saw a team that could shoot the 3 as good as the Warriors, while I believe that Bulls would win it still doesn't change the fact they never played or beat the competition Lebron beat.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all accomplishments are created equally. Throughout Lebron's entire career, getting out of the East wasn't nearly as tough as getting out of the West. People want to give Lebron credit for just getting out of the East even though, as Husker points out, it's unlikely the Cavs could have gotten out of the West.

But it doesn't matter bc he is in the East and always has been in the East. Saying he wouldn't get out of the West is just all opinion bc we don't know and honestly it doesn't matter at all. The fact is he got to 7 straight Finals and that is an accomplishment in itself. Sorry, but if a loss is a loss whether it is in the Finals or in the first round than the losses aren't looked at it, it's the wins that are weighed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it doesn't matter bc he is in the East and always has been in the East. Saying he wouldn't get out of the West is just all opinion bc we don't know and honestly it doesn't matter at all. The fact is he got to 7 straight Finals and that is an accomplishment in itself. Sorry, but if a loss is a loss whether it is in the Finals or in the first round than the losses aren't looked at it, it's the wins that are weighed.

Incorrect. If the losses didn't matter, Kareem would be considered GOAT. He has as many rings as MJ, is the leagues all time leading scorer and has 1 more league MVP award than MJ.

He's not GOAT because he has lost in the finals and MJ never did. So, losing in the finals does, in fact, count against him.

And if wins are the only thing that counts, we can move Lebron further down the list of all time greats since MJ, Kareem, Magic, Kobe, Timmy and Shaq all have more rings than Lebron and none of them have a losing record in the finals.