• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins Doesn't Deserve A Longterm Contract

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made bad decisions all game. Decision that rookies make. Game situations had eluded KC all year. Whether it was game #1 against dallas or tonight. He constantly forces throws and creates turnovers. This is why I can't see paying him over 20M per season.

Not going to argue those points with you, but the NFL is a copy cat league, Carolina now has blueprinted what best way to defend JG's...Kirk Cousins led offense. The Giants merely copied that plan. That said, we now are faced with a couple of choices......either get better in terms of the players around Cousins (OLine, RB, and hopefully JDox) or hope that Kirk himself has a gear that he has yet to display.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to argue those points with you, but the NFL is a copy cat league, Carolina now has blueprinted what best way to defend JG's...Kirk Cousins led offense. The Giants merely copied that plan. That said, we now are faced with a couple of choices......either get better in terms of the players around Cousins (OLine, RB, and hopefully JDox) or hope that Kirk himself has a gear that he has yet to display.

If he needs MORE around him on offense then we need a new QB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol. are you serious? djax, garcon, crowder, reed and davis are not enough weapons???

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Therein lies the situation that we now find ourselves in. By almost all accounts we are dangerous in the receiving corps, we have for the most part stabilized at RB, and have both an top two TE and another one who has a proven track record. To be sure we need to improve our OLine which has not been pedestrian by any measure. So now the questions begin anew about Kirk, so let me begin by restating my ongoing position that Kirk is a pretty good player in this system. The question going forward will be....is pretty good going to be enough?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. are you serious? djax, garcon, crowder, reed and davis are not enough weapons???

Moses, Lavaou, Long and Jones/Kelly are not enough around him. We need three O-lineman and a ground game. But again, I hope we let him walk at this point.... as well as Jackson and Garcon.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Therein lies the situation that we now find ourselves in. By almost all accounts we are dangerous in the receiving corps, we have for the most part stabilized at RB, and have both an top two TE and another one who has a proven track record. To be sure we need to improve our OLine which has not been pedestrian by any measure. So now the questions begin anew about Kirk, so let me begin by restating my ongoing position that Kirk is a pretty good player in this system. The question going forward will be....is pretty good going to be enough?

Its going to be a money issue. is he worth over 20M per season?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moses, Lavaou, Long and Jones/Kelly are not enough around him. We need three O-lineman and a ground game. But again, I hope we let him walk at this point.... as well as Jackson and Garcon.

You might get your wish if his asking price is nuts.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK Shark, I'll bite, why do you hope that they let him walk along with Jackson and Garcon? I honestly believe that what you're seeing now is deep frustration in some posters, maybe even blind rage from some here. In time it goes away.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Shark, I'll bite, why do you hope that they let him walk along with Jackson and Garcon? I honestly believe that what you're seeing now is deep frustration in some posters, maybe even blind rage from some here. In time it goes away.

Because I think he deserves better than this front office and fanbase. I think the past two years of the mindset of well he isnt an elite QB, this team and Fanbase needs to be reminded of the Jason Campbell, Jon Beck type of train wreck clusterfuck we have had at QB over the last 20 years, So yea we need to go into full on Cleveland Brown losts of cap pace and no one but wash outs wanting to be here. Fuck it, IM only 50, I can wait another 25 years to see a competent team.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I think he deserves better than this front office and fanbase. I think the past two years of the mindset of well he isnt an elite QB, this team and Fanbase needs to be reminded of the Jason Campbell, Jon Beck type of train wreck clusterfuck we have had at QB over the last 20 years, So yea we need to go into full on Cleveland Brown losts of cap pace and no one but wash outs wanting to be here. Fuck it, IM only 50, I can wait another 25 years to see a competent team.

OK fair enough!! Let me ask you this question before I go any further in this response. Where do you see this team as needing upgrades unrelated to QB?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK fair enough!! Let me ask you this question before I go any further in this response. Where do you see this team as needing upgrades?

D-line across the board
Inside LB
Safety
RT, C, LG, RB Kicker
Defensive Coordinator
And as we arent going to upgrade the fanbase, we need to replace the QB

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-line across the board
Inside LB
Safety
RT, C, LG, RB Kicker
Defensive Coordinator
And as we arent going to upgrade the fanbase, we need to replace the QB

The answer that you just gave me is in part what you're seeing from some in the fan base and elsewhere. Let me explain; I honestly don't believe that there is ANY desire to go back to the J. Campbell, John Beck Train wreck days but more a belief that with a properly run front office, competent Coaches and UPGRADES just like the ones that you pointed to this team can compete and possibly win a SB.

Given that, I will not attempt to speak for the knee jerk, throw the bums out crowd, but rather for those like myself, who have historical references about what average, above average and excellent players look like. For those folks, what I believe you get is a very natural, very logical, very progressive look at our team where yesterday's upgrades leads to today's upgrades and from there tomorrow's upgrades.

In the moment, competitive seems to be a major step forward for those who, as you rightly pointed out were once the Campbells and Becks, but where do you go from there if the goal is winning it all? I say go from competitive to near locks to making playoff appearances and from there on to SB glory. How this is done depends on a particular perspective. For the stay the course with a pretty good QB, then the obvious fix has to do with upgrading elsewhere, but, what if... you could go from pretty good to very good at QB as well like other championship level teams seem to do?

To me the argument has never been about Kirk per se, but, GMSM who either believes that he can not get better at QB.....OR.....that he can! I just happen to believe that, drafting/acquiring players who compete for starting jobs, takes us from competitive to champions. In that regard I was, if you remember, the first to call for Bruce Allen's replacement. SM is still an open question for me, he's done some good work and for the record getting rid of Cousins is NOT the way forward. That said, having Colt McCoy and drafting Nate Sudfield....I repeat Nate Sudfield!! in line doesn't serve us well in determining whether or not Cousins can go IMHO, from pretty good to very good.

Last edited:

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KC has 3 option at 38sec

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has Reed to the left and Crowder to the rt. Clearly KC has spots which he can pin point his throws in areas that are not congested. He can also scramble

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer that you just gave me is in part what you're seeing from some in the fan base and elsewhere. Let me explain; I honestly don't believe that there is ANY desire to go back to the J. Campbell, John Beck Train wreck days but more a belief that with a properly run front office, competent Coaches and UPGRADES just like the ones that you pointed to this team can compete and possibly win a SB.

Given that, I will not attempt to speak for the knee jerk, throw the bums out crowd, but rather for those like myself, who have historical references about what average, above average and excellent players look like. For those folks, what I believe you get is a very natural, very logical, very progressive look at our team where yesterday's upgrades leads to today's upgrades and from there tomorrow's upgrades.

In the moment, competitive seems to be a major step forward for those who, as you rightly pointed out were once the Campbells and Becks, but where do you go from there if the goal is winning it all? I say go from competitive to near locks to making playoff appearances and from there on to SB glory. How this is done depends on a particular perspective. For the stay the course with a pretty good QB, then the obvious fix has to do with upgrading elsewhere, but what if you could go from pretty good to very good at QB?

To me the argument has never been about Kirk per se, but, GMSM who either believes that he can not get better at QB.....OR.....that he can! I just happen to believe that, drafting/acquiring players who compete for starting jobs, takes us from competitive to champions. In that regard I was, if you remember, the first to call for Bruce Allen's replacement. SM is still an open question for me, he's done some good work and for the record getting rid of Cousins is NOT the way forward. That said, having Colt McCoy and drafting Nate Sudfield....I repeat Nate Sudfield!! in line doesn't serve us well in determining whether or not Cousins can go IMHO, from pretty good to very good.

Simple question... Name me the past five good teams constantly drafting to try and have competition at QB?? The Patriots basically proved this year, they can win without Brady. I dont think QB is the problem. But I also have noticed, unless we have a guy people consider elite, the front office and majority of the fanbase will never be quite happy in DC. So yea, Kirk needs to go at this point. My guess is, if he ends up with the Jets, its the best situation for everyone.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question... Name me the past five good teams constantly drafting to try and have competition at QB?? The Patriots basically proved this year, they can win without Brady. I dont think QB is the problem. But I also have noticed, unless we have a guy people consider elite, the front office and majority of the fanbase will never be quite happy in DC. So yea, Kirk needs to go at this point. My guess is, if he ends up with the Jets, its the best situation for everyone.

here are your answers: In New England, who was the QB prior to Brady? and the One prior to that guy? In Dallas, who was the guy prior to Romo and now seemingly his successor? and the guy prior to him? In Pittsburg and green Bay, same questions, but here's the real point, there were not 20 years between those top guys their successors and and today's QB's on those respective teams. There is a formula related to succession. We do ourselves a disservice not to have our own version of it. We don't have to have an elite QB to win it all, In fact there has Never been a SB winning team in DC that was led by an elite QB. That said, a lot of folks have bought into this, QB driven league bullshit and as such give great merit to your position that they will never be happy without one.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here are your answers: In New England, who was the QB prior to Brady? and the One prior to that guy? In Dallas, who was the guy prior to Romo? and the guy prior to him? In Pittsburg, same questions, but here's the real point, there were not 20 years between those top guys and today's QB's on those respective teams. There is a formula related to succession. We do ourselves a disservice not to have our own version of it. We don't have to have an elite QB to win it all, In fact there has Never been a SB winning team in DC that was led by an elite QB. That said, a lot of folks have bought into this, QB driven league bullshit and as such give great merit to your position that they will never be happy without one.

Dude.. are you seriously saying Prescott, or Brady for that matter were brought in to compete with the incumbent starter of their respective teams?? As for Romo.... he was brought in as an undrafted and spent 4 years on the bench. So according to you the formula is.. .get lucky as fuk and call it brilliant. Because Brady was not competing for the starting roll. Romo was NOT competing for the starting roll. And Prescott was considered a developmental player who they hoped would be a viable backup this year.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. are you seriously saying Prescott, or Brady for that matter were brought in to compete with the incumbent starter of their respective teams?? As for Romo.... he was brought in as an undrafted and spent 4 years on the bench. So according to you the formula is.. .get lucky as fuk and call it brilliant. Because Brady was not competing for the starting roll. Romo was NOT competing for the starting roll. And Prescott was considered a developmental player who they hoped would be a viable backup this year.

Don't do that!! The point is drafting well and or having a method that prepares your highly skilled draftee to take over. Certainly luck does play a part, but luck to me is simply the point where preparation meets opportunity.