• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins Doesn't Deserve A Longterm Contract

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know what more KC can do ? people wanted evidence and he has done so , yes he has flaws but what more can he do ?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is Tom Savage? Oh, nevermind. Cool name though.

And if this is true
Top surprises, disappointments midway through the 2016 NFL season
Brock Osweiler
So the Houston Texans sign a QB they never met. And then he gets off to a mediocre start. Is anybody really surprised? Sure, the Texans are in first place in the AFC South but that buyer’s remorse will set in fast if Osweiler doesn’t improve.

It has supplanted any # of dumbest ass contracts ever the Skins have done in the past, the Haynesworth deal, Archuleta deal etc.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brock deal screwed the pooch for starting QB salaries no doubt.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not my burden to prove what McGloin, Barkley or Savage can or can't do. It's yours. Care -- or even dare -- to try? Cousins, among many other things, faced the third best pass defense this year according to Warren Sharp on his way to nearly 5000 yards and a 100 QB rating. As for Barkley, good luck with trying to equate him with anyone with a rating higher than 75. ICYMI, Barkley's five picks last week represent half the total of INTs that Cousins had thrown the entire year. But yeah, keep up those comparisons.

P.S. Keep hope alive: RGIII might get cut for you to argue that we should re-acquire him. After all, he's clearly better than Cuz right?

WOW...Totally missed the point..Oh well!!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW...Totally missed the point..Oh well!!

What is your point, Stymietee? That Barkley and Savage with the same players in the same system can do what KC is doing?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your point, Stymietee? That Barkley and Savage with the same players in the same system can do what KC is doing?

That Kirk presents with a certain body type, a certain style of play, a certain approach to the game. Way back when I made that statement I wrote that those two guys most closely approached these things about Kirk and that ANY thought of replacing him has have these things in mind because we know that in all practicality those things work in this offense. The mis-read, or rather intent of some here seems to be one that tries to insinuate that I said that these guys can replace him.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skinsdad62 said:
i dont know what more KC can do ? people wanted evidence and he has done so , yes he has flaws but what more can he do ?

I think the only legitimate/viable answer to this question would be. Put more TDs up on the scoreboard. And when I say this I'm talking about finishing off drives with more 6 pt scores, not 3 pt scores.

And before somebody trots out "The Skins are 7th in the league in scoring." stat. I don't care. As effective as they are in moving the ball and converting 3rd downs, as well as staying away from drives that end in 3 n outs. IMO they should be better at scoring TDs.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess he has to make pretty rainbows stream through the air when he throws and magically make the ball stop in mid-air to please the naysayers. He's had back to back 4,000 yds seasons. He's done enough in my book.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Kirk presents with a certain body type, a certain style of play, a certain approach to the game. Way back when I made that statement I wrote that those two guys most closely approached these things about Kirk and that ANY thought of replacing him has have these things in mind because we know that in all practicality those things work in this offense. The mis-read, or rather intent of some here seems to be one that tries to insinuate that I said that these guys can replace him.

OK. Fair enough. Other than thinking Savage has a cool name. I know nothing of or about him.

Self edit
I was waiting till the game was over before I gave my opinion on how I think Barkley and Cuz stack up in comparison to one another. After what I just saw though. I'm not sure I should do it now.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... that answers that question. Time to give Joe Barry an extension, and not even make Kirk an offer. Oh, and make Morgan Moses the highest paid RT in the universe.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... that answers that question. Time to give Joe Barry an extension, and not even make Kirk an offer. Oh, and make Morgan Moses the highest paid RT in the universe.
The Shark hyperbole...hahhahahhah

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how anyone could make excuses for KC tonight. Awful performance.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Shark hyperbole...hahhahahhah

Come on Cali... you got to admit... if there is a way to fuck this up... we will find a way to earn bonus points for the fuckup.

ANY other team, Joe Barry would be fired by non tomorrow. Which is exactly why I expect to see the Monday presser where Gruden exibits ultimate faith in Barry.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Fair enough. Other than thinking Savage has a cool name. I know nothing of or about him.

Self edit
I was waiting till the game was over before I gave my opinion on how I think Barkley and Cuz stack up in comparison to one another. After what I just saw though. I'm not sure I should do it now.

I'd wait until the sting of this one subsides a bit.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Cali... you got to admit... if there is a way to fuck this up... we will find a way to earn bonus points for the fuckup.

ANY other team, Joe Barry would be fired by non tomorrow. Which is exactly why I expect to see the Monday presser where Gruden exibits ultimate faith in Barry.
Nah, I honestly believe we are headed in the right direction and will make appropriate decisions to continue that trend.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I honestly believe we are headed in the right direction and will make appropriate decisions to continue that trend.

Well we should know by tomorrow night. But Im honestly thinking, Kirk did just enough to get another $15M a year offer and he will choose to go into free agency and we wont tag him. Barry will get the old the defense only gave up 13 points excuse and instead of fixing the defense, we will drat a QB or another WR. I had the feeling this time last week, if this game was a win and you are in, we would shit the bed. And we did.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how anyone could make excuses for KC tonight. Awful performance.

A lot of folks here will be surprised by this but I'll give it a shot. Kirk Cousins as many will now attest is the type of QB that needs things to go well around him. I did notice that near the end of this game some were still calling for Kirk to prove his worth and lead a winning or tying drive. The knock that some of us still have on him in terms of getting franchise player money is based on this. The reasons that I personally offer as reasons why he performed as poorly as he did are as follows.

The Offensive line failed him in terms of protection and providing a running game.

The giants were brilliant in game planning against our passing game, in that they actually picked their poison by limiting both DJax and Crowder and allowing the one player that couldn't beat them to be the go to guy (Garcon)

Finally, I don't believe that this particular team has another gear that they can call upon in big games. In other words, they play, in terms of intensity, at exactly the same level be it game one or a game that they desperately need to get into the playoffs. Kirk Cousins is no exception to his teammates in this regards. He must play within himself at all times or risk poor performances when he attempts to over reach as he glaringly did at the end of this game.

Make no mistake, Kirk is still IMHO a pretty good player in this system, until he proves otherwise!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of folks here will be surprised by this but I'll give it a shot. Kirk Cousins as many will now attest is the type of QB that needs things to go well around him. I did notice that near the end of this game some were still calling for Kirk to prove his worth and lead a winning or tying drive. The knock that some of us still have on him in terms of getting franchise player money is based on this. The reasons that I personally offer as reasons why he performed as poorly as he did are as follows.

The Offensive line failed him in terms of protection and providing a running game.

The giants were brilliant in game planning against our passing game, in that they actually picked their poison by limiting both DJax and Crowder and allowing the one player that couldn't beat them to be the go to guy (Garcon)

Finally, I don't believe that this particular team has another gear that they can call upon in big games. In other words, they play, in terms of intensity, at exactly the same level be it game one or a game that they desperately need to get into the playoffs. Kirk Cousins is no exception to his teammates in this regards. He must play within himself at all times or risk poor performances when he attempts to over reach as he glaringly did at the end of this game.

Make no mistake, Kirk is still IMHO a pretty good player in this system, until he proves otherwise!

He made bad decisions all game. Decision that rookies make. Game situations had eluded KC all year. Whether it was game #1 against dallas or tonight. He constantly forces throws and creates turnovers. This is why I can't see paying him over 20M per season.