• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cousins Doesn't Deserve A Longterm Contract

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends how good of a defense you mean. People seem to think Denver winning the SB shows you can with a bad qb. Which I mean sure - but good look getting a defense that good.

Preaching to the choir on this one mate

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for my five I think could outperform him in this offense

Brady
Brees
Rogers
Marriota
Wentz

As for those I think could do as good as, maybe better

Smith
Rivers
PAlmer

As for cost less, as good as or better and available??? :scratch:

Would you gamble on any of those and drop KC?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you gamble on any of those and drop KC?

Brady... if we had the defense yes.

Brees... same deal

Rogers... in a minute.

Wentz and Marriota..... Maybe... depending on if we had the defense to support them as well.

Both show promise and I think long term might be better than Kirk.

But for the next three years, based on what we have on the defensive side of the ball... Brady, Brees and Rogers.... bout it.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 'skins lose out, I'd expect a franchise tag on Kurt, and the current coaching staff to be on the hot seat.
Not sure any of the coaches will be fired, Barry should be saved by injuries to almost all his starters, also Matt Jones and Dustin Hopkins are solely responsible for loses to Detroit and Cincy.
IMO Kurt only had meltdowns in Dallas, Ari, and Car.
We won't be strapped for cash, and our schedule should be much easier...so we might witness a Brees type season from Cousins.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 'skins lose out, I'd expect a franchise tag on Kurt, and the current coaching staff to be on the hot seat.
Not sure any of the coaches will be fired, Barry should be saved by injuries to almost all his starters, also Matt Jones and Dustin Hopkins are solely responsible for loses to Detroit and Cincy.
IMO Kurt only had meltdowns in Dallas, Ari, and Car.
We won't be strapped for cash, and our schedule should be much easier...so we might witness a Brees type season from Cousins.
Don't think it could be much easier than this year. Every team we feared before the season was down and every team we thought we could beat was average at best. With the exception of Dallas who over-achieved this year we had a pretty powder puff schedule. Cincy game and Detroit games hurt bad but none were Kirks fault. In contrary he put us in positions to win each game. Right now 9 and 5 was there for the taking and a trip to the playoffs but the team around Kirk let everyone down.

With no defense (again) and no real running game (again) Kirk led an offense who was down at least one top receiver seems most every game to pretty much league highs. Not saying we have the next Montana over here (Dallas has him on their team) but we do have the best QB on this team since SJ. Joey T had Riggo and a hell of a line. In fact, the Black Jesus reminds me of Joey T... serviceable but nothing special. If you let KC get away and bring in the Fergusons the Hoyers of the NFL you might as well take up residents in the basement where we have lived for so often for another big stretch.

If we had what Dallas has,,, a line and a Walter Payton type RB then id say sure,,, bring in the Amish Rifler,,, but we don't. We have a mediocre line and a potential serviceable RB in Kelly. In regards to the original poster CountryRoads... Kirk Cousins is really all we have to keep us in games.... and you want to get rid of him?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brees... same deal

Rogers... in a minute.

Wentz and Marriota..... Maybe... depending on if we had the defense to support them as well.

But for the next three years, based on what we have on the defensive side of the ball... Brady, Brees and Rogers.... bout it.

If the Skins had a defense is a hellified if. If we had a defense Cuz would've been more than fine at QB.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy game and Detroit games hurt bad but none were Kirks fault. In contrary he put us in positions to win each game.

Rivisionist history. The defense is shitty enough as it is. It doesn't need any help or bullshit heaped upon it to be made to seem worse than it was.

While the defense did give up a late game lead after Cincy scored making it 27-24 them. The defense did its job forcing Cincy to punt on every possession afterwards except when it gave the offense an extra posssesion with great field position forcing and recivering a fumble at Cincy's 47 yd ln. Two huge non-plays no one seem to remember in that game were Scherff's holding penalty that turned a 2 n 8 from the Cincy 17 yd into a 1st and 20 from the Cincy 29 yd ln. Even with that Fat Rob had a nice run taking the ball to the Cincy 13 yd ln and DH missed a short FG. I do wish Gruden had just let Kelley run the ball again on 2nd and 7 from the 13 yd ln as opposed to having KC take a 3 yd loss on the next play and sending in Hopkins for the FG on 3rd dn.

KC flat out lost the first Dallas game pretty much single handedly overthrowing at least 3 TDs to wide open WRs on deep routes. Then underthorwing a couple passes in the redzone to open WRs and had that horrid redzone INT.

The Det game was just weird. I thought the Skins should've had more than 17 points personally. Matt Joines and that fuckin fumble that came about where no Det defender touched the fuckin ball at the Det 2 yd ln was more to blame than the defense for that game imo.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brees... same deal

Rogers... in a minute.

Are you suggesting right now, today, you would rather have Drew Brees? Age is an undefeated opponent and he has maybe 2 more years before he falls off the cliff and into the abyss.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with Brady. I would take KC on this team today over Brady and Brees.
There are very few QBs in the league right now I would take unequivocally over Cousins. Eli? Nope. Rivers? Nope. Luck? Maybe. Wilson? Probably. Cam? Maybe. Flacco? Nope. Mariotta? Maybe. Wentz? Nope. Carr? Maybe/probably. Ryan? Maybe. Rodgers? Yes. Big Ben? Probably. Stafford? Maybe.

I just don't get those that are still on the fence and what they see/don't see. Now this doesn't imply that you dont look for his replacement to groom over the next few years. But I sure as heck dont invest big bucks or a high draft pick on this player at this time.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off this board is becoming hard to contribute too with so many bullshit threads and general Negativity at every turn.

didnt read all 8 pages but pay the man and worry about other positions.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are very few QBs in the league right now I would take unequivocally over Cousins. Eli? Nope. Rivers? Nope. Luck? Maybe. Wilson? Probably. Cam? Maybe. Flacco? Nope. Mariotta? Maybe. Wentz? Nope. Carr? Maybe/probably. Ryan? Maybe. Rodgers? Yes. Big Ben? Probably. Stafford? Maybe.

I just don't get those that are still on the fence and what they see/don't see. Now this doesn't imply that you dont look for his replacement to groom over the next few years. But I sure as heck dont invest big bucks or a high draft pick on this player at this time.

Honestly, I don't know if there is another QB in the league I would take over KC today.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't know if there is another QB in the league I would take over KC today.
Id take Rodgers in a heart beat. He still has 5 good years left. I might also take Wilson. Both those guys are much better than KC in extending plays.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're looking at this in terms of who to replace Kirk with among, the types being bandied about then 1. you're looking at this in the wrong way .....AND....2. Looking at the wrong type of players.

So, first the ONLY way to look at this is in the NULIKELY event that the two sides come to an unbreakable impasse. THAT IS TRULY UNLIKELY, ESPECIALLY SINCE THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER FT THAT THEY CAN HOLD ONTO Kirk with. However, from a pure speculative point of view which brings us to #2 replacing Kirk because of money differences begs the question...Where do you find his replacement at a price the is more in line with what the organization's plan happens to be?

The answer is to not go after top of the line guys but guys who have already proven to be the same TYPE of guy with the same TYPE OF SKILLSET. Right now there are two who actually clone both Kirk in style and manner in which they play the game. I already know that I'm going to catch a lot of flack for this, but just know that I know that those who offer it are not looking at this objectively or based on STYLE and SKILLSET. They are: Tom Savage and Matt Barkley. Journeymen to be sure, but just like Kirk in THIS OFFENSE with the same talent around them, cutting down on the same mistakes that even Kirk once had, and you get the same or near same results.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok i will bite name the avg lower cost qb who will lead this team better then KC ? that is available