• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

COULD NINERS LET ALL FAs WALK?

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to get your guys opinion on possible Niners FA moves this offseason. Focusing mostly on big ticket FAs of course. Frank Gore, I can see him walking honestly. I love him to death, but better a year early than a year late. And considering that the Niners want to run more read option this season, it could spell the end for Gore in SF. He is a traditional I-formation back who never did like the read option when Niners ran it. Carlos Hyde on the other hand played a lot of read option in college and would be very effective. Crabtree I am not even getting into. Good bye and thanks for your service since 2009, though you didnt live up to your first round billing...Iupati is gone too. We may see some more zone blocking this season with Chris Foerster as the OL coach and Iupati is a road grader who excels in run blocking man to man schemes....On defense there are Culliver and Cox. It would honestly surprise me if they let both walk. But if they were to keep one, it would in my opinion be Culliver since he's the homegrown talent. But could they let him walk and upgrade with Byron Maxwell instead?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to get your guys opinion on possible Niners FA moves this offseason. Focusing mostly on big ticket FAs of course. Frank Gore, I can see him walking honestly. I love him to death, but better a year early than a year late. And considering that the Niners want to run more read option this season, it could spell the end for Gore in SF. He is a traditional I-formation back who never did like the read option when Niners ran it. Carlos Hyde on the other hand played a lot of read option in college and would be very effective. Crabtree I am not even getting into. Good bye and thanks for your service since 2009, though you didnt live up to your first round billing...Iupati is gone too. We may see some more zone blocking this season with Chris Foerster as the OL coach and Iupati is a road grader who excels in run blocking man to man schemes....On defense there are Culliver and Cox. It would honestly surprise me if they let both walk. But if they were to keep one, it would in my opinion be Culliver since he's the homegrown talent. But could they let him walk and upgrade with Byron Maxwell instead?

I think that if there was a FA that comes back, it would be Gore, with the Niners going CB, WR, and DL in the early rounds and continue to play the "redshirt" philosophy with high talent injured guys like Gurley in mid-late rounds. I think that the Niners may have seen enough out of Dontae Johnson, that if Brock is coming back 100% healthy, Culliver and Cox may ask too much for the value the Niners see in them vs. young cheap talent just itching to prove their worth. Ward got beat a ton early, but he also was reported to be a very smart player with an obsession for film. Acker and Reaser will be fighting for PT, and we have Cook still coming back, albeit on the mend. So the CB/S roster could look like this:

CORNER
Brock
Johnson
Cook
Ward
Acker
Reaser
Draft pick (I'm hoping for 3rd-5th rd pick investment in a "redshirt" CB)

SAFETY
Reid
Bethea
McCrary
Dahl
(I would hope (assume) Ward would slide into FS if Reid went down)
Probably a FA ST ace

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one that should be a top priority to bring back is Iupati imo
The rest of them it just depends on the value of the market. Crabtree is definitely gone and I don't see much reason to bring Gore back though the RB market is likely not going to be throwing money around so might can keep him fairly cheap for another few years.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree would fill a void for the Patriots perfectly. Tall downfield receiver not under extreme pressure to constantly produce. He'd be the compliment to Edelman and LaFell and give Gronk even more room to roam in the middle.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope to see Gore back. Maybe he could be signed on a one or two year cap friendly deal after he tests the FA market. His production didn't drop off last season in spite of the lousy play calling. I'm also hoping the Cowboy might want to stay one more year with a similar deal that helps the team out. IMO the rest of the FAs can take a walk.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crabtree should just go to the Cowboys, just because it'd be better to go where he wants to go than make more money. But you all know that money talks and he wouldn't want to be behind Bryant per se, though he is. What choice does he have? Go to WR depleted team, which often has money, or go to a contender where you are lower on the totem pole (yes, stop laughing, Cowboys are not the favorites, but contenders).

Yes, the lower on the totem pole is actually better in Native American culture, but am I supposed to say the opposite of what the uninformed think to get the point across? :/

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree would fill a void for the Patriots perfectly. Tall downfield receiver not under extreme pressure to constantly produce. He'd be the compliment to Edelman and LaFell and give Gronk even more room to roam in the middle.

Right now he wants a lot more money than the kind of player the Patriots are looking for

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crabtree should just go to the Cowboys, just because it'd be better to go where he wants to go than make more money. But you all know that money talks and he wouldn't want to be behind Bryant per se, though he is. What choice does he have? Go to WR depleted team, which often has money, or go to a contender where you are lower on the totem pole (yes, stop laughing, Cowboys are not the favorites, but contenders).

Yes, the lower on the totem pole is actually better in Native American culture, but am I supposed to say the opposite of what the uninformed think to get the point across? :/

He is looking for his first big payday, as many players in his situation are. I can't imagine he is going to get it, so he might have to settle for something else like that.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crabtree is gonna be sorely disappointed in his FA options, I just dont see a team offering him a big money contract, if any team goes after him it will be for a 1 to 2 year deal for probably around 6-7 Mil a year similar to what we gave S.Johnson.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not want Maxwell. I Don't think that its an upgrade.

I also don't see 49ers letting all walk. I really think Gore comes back and they sign at least one of Cox and Cully and I would go with Cox.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crabtree is gonna be sorely disappointed in his FA options, I just dont see a team offering him a big money contract, if any team goes after him it will be for a 1 to 2 year deal for probably around 6-7 Mil a year similar to what we gave S.Johnson.

I agree. Not sure how if his Achilles injury was still a factor last year, but he looked really average out there. I can't see any team giving him the kind of money he is looking for

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crabtree Cant go to the cowboys. They have to pay Dez and murray plus Cowboys are way over the Cap.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree Cant go to the cowboys. They have to pay Dez and murray plus Cowboys are way over the Cap.

They don't have pay either if they don't want to. Both are FA. For some reason I think the Bills will pick up Crabs. No logic,just a feeling.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Crabtree giving Dallas a hometown discount

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Crabtree isn't a downfield receiver. Not close.

retech

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree isn't a downfield receiver. Not close.
I hope Crabtree gets a contract with another team; he's a head case, IMHO.

I love Gore but I think it is time to start thinking about the future.

If Iupati can be resigned for a reasonable amount, I think that would be the player I would target.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Crabtree gets a contract with another team; he's a head case, IMHO.

I love Gore but I think it is time to start thinking about the future.

If Iupati can be resigned for a reasonable amount, I think that would be the player I would target.

I would honestly just let Iupati walk. He's had some lower body injuries which are a concern and his pass blocking is nothing great. They drafted Brandon Thomas last year and Marcus Martin can also play G if needed.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whaaaa? You serious? His biggest problem is his overall lack of separation due to lack of speed/agility brought on from a torn achilles from two seasons ago.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaaaa? You serious? His biggest problem is his overall lack of separation due to lack of speed/agility brought on from a torn achilles from two seasons ago.

Crabtree has absolutely zero downfield ability. LOL...I am excited about Ellington, Patton, and a rookie we will draft.