• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cornerback Rankings

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. I can't believe Prince is on that list. I know he has strung together a couple of stellar games but I guess I didn't realize he was finally living up to his potential.

I'm gonna steal this link sirs.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Continued from above now that I read more on Jenkins. Of those 27 players that have played at least 75% of their team's defensive snaps, he's

Been thrown at 55 times (1 behind Tramon Williams) for the league lead.

Had 37 passes completed against him (2nd most).

7th highest catch percentage against him.

Given up the 4th most yards.

18th highest average yards per catch (12.2)

6th most YAC allowed (145)

Given up 3 TDs, which is tied for 4th most and only 1 behind the league leaders (Kyle Arrington and Cary Williams).

Tied for 3rd in PDs with 3.

And has the 8th highest QB rating when throwing at him with a 103.1 QB rating.

Thanks.
Sorry Bingo, you were right. Jenkins is having a GREAT year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And if you're interested in his pass coverage grades so far, he came out with a negative coverage grade against Detroit and Washington in weeks 1 and 2. Had a positive grade in week 3 vs. Chicago (0.7), in week 4 vs. Seattle (1.0), and in week 5 vs. Arizona (0.7). However, the last two weeks he's earned a terrible grade from them with a -4.8 vs. Miami and a -5.7 vs. GB.

He's also missed 8 tackles (3 against Miami). I might have missed that.

He's only had a positive OVERALL grade in 2 games so far this year (vs. Chicago and the following week vs. Seattle).

Later I can look at the receptions he's given up and to which receiver but I have to go now to watch more CFB.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Bingo may have been right on one thing, though. He did appear to shut down Larry Fitzgerald numbers wise, but it also appears that they threw different guys at him throughout the game so it's possible he may not have been responsible for him very much in that game either. I'll have to look harder to verify that for sure, though.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pozz, do you by chance work for PFF?

Nope. I thought about it in my spare time but it looks like too much of a commitment with my college football responsibilities.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now that I'm not jetting off to watch another game start I feel the need to go back and expand on what I was saying earlier.

I thought about TRYING to get involved with PFF in some form because they're always looking for people, and I'm sort of into some of the things they do. They usually only bring people in on a volunteer basis, though, and I decided I don't want to devote any more extra free time to the NFL game than I already do. I'd rather use that time to further immerse myself in the college game.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. I can't believe Prince is on that list. I know he has strung together a couple of stellar games but I guess I didn't realize he was finally living up to his potential.

I'm gonna steal this link sirs.

he struggled through some injuries early on. he's been solid this year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I probably shouldn't even post this because it only tells a very small part of the story and the NFL coaches play-by-play video from NFL.com would paint a much better picture. However, here are the game-by-game numbers that PFF has on Jenkins in coverage:

Jenkins vs. Detroit Lions

vs. Kevin Smith - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed 1 catch for 6 yards. 9 YAC (caught 3 yards behind the LOS). Long of 6.

vs. Nate Burleson - Thrown at 2 times. Allowed 2 catches for 30 yards. 13 YAC. Long of 20.

vs. Tony Scheffler - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed 0 catches. 1 INT.

vs. Titus Young - Thrown at 3 times. Allowed 1 catch for 14 yads. 1 YAC. Long of 14.

vs. Will Heller - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed 1 catch for 5 yards. 4 YAC. Long of 5.

Total - Thrown at 8 times. Allowed 5 receptions for 55 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT. 0 PDs. 43.2 QB rating when throwing into his coverage.

--------------------------------

Jenkins vs. Washington Redskins

vs. Leonard Hankerson - Thrown at 3 times. Allowed 2 receptions for 68 yards, 1 TD. 19 YAC. Long of 68.

vs. Josh Morgan - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed 1 reception for 12 yards. 16 YAC (caught 4 yards behind the LOS). Long of 12.

vs. Fred Davis - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed no catches. 1 PD.

vs. Santana Moss - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed 1 reception for 3 yards. 6 Yac (caught 3 yards behind the LOS). Long of 3.

vs. Aldrick Robinson - Thrown at 2 times. Allowed 2 receptions for 40 yards. 13 YAC. Long of 28.

Total - Thrown at 8 times. Allowed 6 receptions for 123 yards. 54 YAC. Long of 68. Allowed 1 TD. 1 PD.

Jenkins vs. Chicago Bears

vs. Michael Bush - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed 1 reception for 0 yards. 3 YAC (caught 3 yards behind the LOS).

vs. Earl Bennett - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed no catches. 1 PD.

vs. Alshon Jeffrey - Thrown at 3 times. Allowed 3 receptions for 27 yards. 6 YAC. Long of 10.

vs. Kellen Davis - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed no catches.

vs. Brandon Marshall - Thrown at 3 times. Allowed 1 catch for 9 yards. 0 YAC. Long of 9.

Total - Thrown at 9 times. Allowed 5 receptions for 36 yards. 9 YAC. Long of 10. 1 PD.

Jenkins vs. Seattle Seahawks

vs. Anthony McCoy - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed 1 catch for 15 yards. 0 YAC. Long of 15.

vs. Golden Tate - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed 0 catches. 1 PD.

Total - Thrown at 2 times. Allowed 1 catch for 15 yards. 0 YAC. Long of 15. 1 PD.

Jenkins vs. Arizona Cardinals

vs. Early Doucet - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed 1 catch for 11 yards. 5 YAC. Long of 11.

vs. Rob Housler - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed no catches. 1 PD.

vs. Andre Roberts - Thrown at 2 times. Allowed no catches. 1 PD.

vs. Larry Fitzgerald - Thrown at 3 times. Allowed 1 catch for 3 yards. 0 YAC. Long of 3. 1 PD.

vs. Michael Floyd - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed no catches.

vs. Ryan Williams - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed 1 catch for 5 yards. 6 YAC (caught 1 yard behind the LOS). Long of 5.

Total - Thrown at 9 times. Allowed 3 receptions for 19 yards. 11 YAC. Long of 11. 3 PDs.

Jenkins vs. Miami Dolphins

vs. Marlon Moore - Thrown at 3 times. Allowed 3 catches for 46 yards, 1 TD. 5 YAC. Long of 29.

vs. Jorvorskie Lane - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed 1 catch for 7 yards. 7 YAC. Long of 7.

vs. Davone Bess - Thrown at 3 times. Allowed 3 catches for 18 yards. 0 YAC. Long of 9.

vs. Anthony Fasano - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed 1 catch for 13 yards. 10 YAC. Long of 13.

Total - Thrown at 8 times. Allowed 8 catches for 84 yards, 1 TD. 22 YAC. Long of 29.

Jenkins vs. Green Bay Packers

vs. Jordy Nelson - Thrown at 3 times. Allowed 3 catches for 76 yards. 20 YAC. Long of 52.

vs. James Jones - Thrown at 7 times. Allowed 5 catches for 40 yards. 2 YAC. Long of 17.

vs. Randall Cobb - Thrown at 1 time. Allowed 1 catch for 5 yards, 1 TD. 0 YAC. Long of 5.

Total - Thrown at 11 times. Allowed 9 catches for 121 yards, 1 TD. 22 YAC. Long of 52.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To be completely fair, the whole secondary appeared to be in mass confusion on this play.

Fantasy Guru:

There is a TD to Brandon Lloyd, on Janoris Jenkins, we did mention this morning Jenkins was struggling.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ha knew someone would bump this. should somebody bump the moss thread? I don't see how anybody can say Culliver is not playing good

Even more dumbfounding is Bingo saying he would prefer Jenkins.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We all knew Cully was raw coming out of college, and in fact a lot of people hated the pick at the time. He had his fair share of up's and down's last season, with far more down's...

But I have been impressed this season. Physically he has the tools, and he is starting to put it all together on the field. Even if it is at nickle, he has proved to be valuable. And he has a ton of confidence...

His stock is rising every week...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/30/refo-patriots-rams-week-8/

Rough Day for the Rookie

Seven days after getting victimized by the reigning MVP, Janoris Jenkins (-2.7 coverage) received more of the same from a quarterback with a couple of MVP’s himself. Sure, maybe a stat line of 3-of-6 completed with two breakups looks pretty good, but two of those completions he allowed went for touchdowns and it was the manner of the touchdowns that was most concerning. Aspiring NFL corners need to look no further than 7:56 in the first quarter for a textbook example of poor positioning. With the ball just inside the 20 and Brandon Lloyd on the outside of a three-receiver set, Jenkins sets up far to the inside of Lloyd, who then takes a few steps to the inside before sprinting to the back corner of the end zone. Lloyd is already 5 yards ahead of the rookie before Jenkins even turns to run with him, and by that time, Brady sees it and the damage is done.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cully reminds me a bit of the way Brown was last season in that the moments he gets beat just stick out and makes him look worse than he is.

Speaking of Brown I'm curious to see where he ranks since off hand it seems like he doesn't get thrown his way a lot.

I think Brown and Culliver have both improved this year. They are both serviceable, dependable backs. I like both of them.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/01/the-monson-monthly-october-player-awards/

Bench Threatener of the Month

After a few games that showed some real promise the wheels are busy falling off the rookie season of Janoris Jenkins (-11.9). Over the past month he has been thrown at relentlessly, targeted 34 times over four games and surrendering 23 catches for 270 yards and four touchdowns without picking off a pass in return. In three of the four games this month quarterbacks had a rating over 115 when throwing at Jenkins and he needs to halt the slide and get back to some of the aggressive close coverage we saw earlier in the year.

Honorable mention: Malcolm Jenkins (NO), Adam Snyder (ARZ)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jenkins is much better than Culliver. Can you imagine what he'd do if he had a front seven such as ours.

Rumor has it Domenik Hixon has Leprosy, and Ebola. That explains the reason Cully couldn't get close to him and did not want to touch him.