• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cornerback Rankings

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From PFF

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/25/snapshot-nfl-passer-rating-allowed-cornerbacks/

Bingo has been ranting about how bad Culliver has been this year. According to PFF stats he has the 3rd lowest QB rating in the league on targets his way. In 27 targets (this is not a low number based on other CBs in the top and bottom 10), he has allowed 11 completions for 129 yards, 0 TD and 1 INT. The QB rating on throws at Culliver is 40.5.

The worst CB in terms of QB rating allowed is Kyle Arrington (29/36 for 451 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INT) at 155.8.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFF

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/25/snapshot-nfl-passer-rating-allowed-cornerbacks/

Bingo has been ranting about how bad Culliver has been this year. According to PFF stats he has the 3rd lowest QB rating in the league on targets his way. In 27 targets (this is not a low number based on other CBs in the top and bottom 10), he has allowed 11 completions for 129 yards, 0 TD and 1 INT. The QB rating on throws at Culliver is 40.5.

The worst CB in terms of QB rating allowed is Kyle Arrington (29/36 for 451 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INT) at 155.8.

We have rather quietly become one of the best passing defenses in the league - #1 for Yds/Gm.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it seems like when a big pass play is made its cully getting beat. maybe the big completions are just sticking out more.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it seems like when a big pass play is made its cully getting beat. maybe the big completions are just sticking out more.

Well, given that he's only allowed 11 catches, and those catches have only gone for 129 yards, it's hard to find many "big completions" in there.

Teams are averaging less than 12 yards per catch when throwing to him. He's given up less than 2 catches per game.

So maybe we've only given up 1 big completion this year and you keep replaying it in your head?

BTW, for Bingo, Janoris Jenkins game last week was the rough equivalent of Culliver's season. Except Cully has an INT and Jenkins gave up a TD.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
PFF has really high marks for Patrick Peterson. I think he's gonna be the best CB in the NFL soon.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cully was abused by Hixon against the Giants, but he's been solid otherwise.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jenkins > Culliver to the 2nd power!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cully reminds me a bit of the way Brown was last season in that the moments he gets beat just stick out and makes him look worse than he is.

Speaking of Brown I'm curious to see where he ranks since off hand it seems like he doesn't get thrown his way a lot.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jenkins > Culliver to the 2nd power!

Of course Bingo. Just not at things like "playing cornerback in the NFL" if you pay any attention to silly little things like the results each player has had at CB this year.

For example, Culliver has given up 129 yards this season.

Jenkins gave up 121 yards last week.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Vontae Davis second to last in PFF's CB rankings is quietly making Jeff Ireland's decision to trade him for a 2nd rounder + more look pretty smart.

(then again, these lists can be misleading because Vontae's average over 6 games of 30 yards against per game, with 2 TDs, doesn't seem so bad.... except for the part where QBs are completing over 77% of passes thrown his way)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of course Bingo. Just not at things like "playing cornerback in the NFL" if you pay any attention to silly little things like the results each player has had at CB this year.

For example, Culliver has given up 129 yards this season.

Jenkins gave up 121 yards last week.

Jenkins shutdown Larry Fitzgerald. That's all there is to it!!

You can play and jerk off to your little stats if that pleases you. I see the filth of sh8 that Cully displays on the field. He is our achilles heel on defense, yet you want to remain in denial thinking he's an elite corner. Who am I to tell a crazy person that they are not crazy. Like you said I'm so embedded in the knowledge that I've gain from my intro to psych 101 course so I am not equipped to claim what I see from Jenkins/Cully is accurate...

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can play and jerk off to your little stats if that pleases you. I see the filth of sh8 that Cully displays on the field. He is our achilles heel on defense, yet you want to remain in denial thinking he's an elite corner. Who am I to tell a crazy person that they are not crazy. Like you said I'm so embedded in the knowledge that I've gain from my intro to psych 101 course so I am not equipped to claim what I see from Jenkins/Cully is accurate...

:crazy:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think Brown and Cully are pretty weak. I don't know who's worse than the other. Cully could have had two big gains on him vs Seahawk (IIRC) but they were both dropped. There are times Cully doesn't give any effort to make a play on a ball when he's in position; I think that has a lot to say about his instincts. He's not a football player 1st like Jenkins, instead he's an athlete that's still developing, but we've gotten great value out of him as of now as far as 3rd round picks go.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

See, Bingo, here's why you're stupid in this situation. You're going to ignore the stats that say Culliver is playing incredibly well this year and you're going to ignore the stats that say Jenkins is playing poorly.

These aren't interpretive stats. QBs throwing at Culliver have the 3rd lowest rating in the NFL. He's allowing completions on only 41% of passes thrown his way. He has not given up a TD.

But the fact that (yes, fact) that teams have been unsuccessful throwing at him doesn't matter. He's been playing poorly?

As for Jenkins shutting down Fitz, in the only matchup between the Rams and Cardinals this year Fitz had 8 catches for 92 yards.

If that's shutting him down, then Philly has been the only team to not shut Fitzgerald down this year.

Or did he get those 8 catches lined up against Finnegan and every other snap he was against Jenkins?

Of course, that was the one Rams game I spent a significant amount of time watching, and I saw Jenkins routinely running 2 yards behind his WR, fortunately for him, Kevin Kolb was horrible.

But if 8/92 is getting shut down, how can you say that Culliver has struggled this year?

Or are you just trolling and recognize that Jenkins is getting eaten up every week?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Brown and Cully are pretty weak. I don't know who's worse than the other. Cully could have had two big gains on him vs Seahawk (IIRC) but they were both dropped. There are times Cully doesn't give any effort to make a play on a ball when he's in position; I think that has a lot to say about his instincts. He's not a football player 1st like Jenkins, instead he's an athlete that's still developing, but we've gotten great value out of him as of now as far as 3rd round picks go.

Yes, Culliver, the CB who is statistically one of the top CBs in the league right now is pretty weak. As a matter of fact, all but a handful of corners in the league are pretty weak.

Jenkins, who basically gave up last week what Cully has all season, is having one of the few guys that is playing well at CB this year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cully reminds me a bit of the way Brown was last season in that the moments he gets beat just stick out and makes him look worse than he is.

Speaking of Brown I'm curious to see where he ranks since off hand it seems like he doesn't get thrown his way a lot.

His coverage grade is 19th out of 27 players who have played at least 75% of their team's defensive snaps. (Rogers is one spot ahead at 18th best).

They have him credited with 28 tackles and only 1 missed tackle.

He's been thrown at 31 times. 22 of them have been caught for 339 yards (15.4 avg) and he's given up no TDs.

QBs have a 106.8 QB rating when throwing at him.

Those 31 times he's been thrown at are 2nd fewest among the 27 players who qualify.

Of those 27 players, he has a 65% catch percentage against him (19th best).

Of those 27 players, he's given up the 14th most yards.

Of those 27 players, he's tied for the 14th fewest YAC given up.

The longest reception they have him responsible for is 49 yards (14.5% of his total yards given up).

8 of those 27 players have not given up a TD reception and he's one of them.

Of those 27 players he's tied for the fewest PDs with 1.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey pozz, can you hook us up with Janoris Jenkins numbers?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Continued from above now that I read more on Jenkins. Of those 27 players that have played at least 75% of their team's defensive snaps, he's

Been thrown at 55 times (1 behind Tramon Williams) for the league lead.

Had 37 passes completed against him (2nd most).

7th highest catch percentage against him.

Given up the 4th most yards.

18th highest average yards per catch (12.2)

6th most YAC allowed (145)

Given up 3 TDs, which is tied for 4th most and only 1 behind the league leaders (Kyle Arrington and Cary Williams).

Tied for 3rd in PDs with 3.

And has the 8th highest QB rating when throwing at him with a 103.1 QB rating.