• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cooper Rush

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rush has looked pretty good vs the anointed one at #2 Kellen Moore

Moore has stunk the place up pretty much all preseason. Some local sportswriters seem to be of the opinion Moore has not played with the #1's which is true but how come when Rush comes in with the same or worse group of players he has success where Moore failed?
I am in no way saying Rush is the next Romo but on performance alone he looks better than Moore has. And while the coaching staff mainly Linehan seem to be sold on Moore I am not. And I don't get a vote.

Honestly Moore may become a great coach someday but as a Professional player he is not even close to a solid backup. If Rush continues to play the way he has no way in hell he makes it to the practice squad he will need to be kept on the 53 man roster or develop some mysterious injury to be put on IR.

Hopefully the Cowboys are smart enough to have learned from the Matt Moore mistake. 2 games and then wait and see.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rush has looked pretty good vs the anointed one at #2 Kellen Moore

Moore has stunk the place up pretty much all preseason. Some local sportswriters seem to be of the opinion Moore has not played with the #1's which is true but how come when Rush comes in with the same or worse group of players he has success where Moore failed?
I am in no way saying Rush is the next Romo but on performance alone he looks better than Moore has. And while the coaching staff mainly Linehan seem to be sold on Moore I am not. And I don't get a vote.

Honestly Moore may become a great coach someday but as a Professional player he is not even close to a solid backup. If Rush continues to play the way he has no way in hell he makes it to the practice squad he will need to be kept on the 53 man roster or develop some mysterious injury to be put on IR.

Hopefully the Cowboys are smart enough to have learned from the Matt Moore mistake. 2 games and then wait and see.

I remember rooting for Moore in 2007. Then week 15 or 16 he started against us

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Colors is talking about Kellen Moore.

Yes until his last sentence. Matt Moore started for the Panthers against us in 2007. He played well for us that preseason.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One upside of the suspensions is we get to keep a few extra players. So this can buy us another month before making some decisions and by then unfortunately injury may strike. If Rush keeps playing well I think we keep 3 QBs. I'm more than willing to move on from Kellen Moore IF we find the right guy, but I think that would be too risky to go with just Rush so early. So I think Moore is a lock and Rush is a "probably"

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, Cooper Rush SHOULD be the backup to Dak. He looked very good. I think he's got a future if he can keep it up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised, but Glad to see this. Competition. If nothing else maybe it sends a message or gives us a better look at the kid.
As a very wise man told us...Football is a meritocracy.

Cowboys giving undrafted rookie a shot at No. 2 QB job

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 22, 2017, 6:05 AM EDT
ap_17232114888692-e1503396286366.jpg

AP

The Cowboys have a sense that they need a better backup plan at quarterback, even if that doesn’t include bringing in a veteran yet.

So for the time being, they’re going to turn back to a path that has yielded pretty good results for them in the past.

According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Cowboys let undrafted rookie Cooper Rush take snaps with the second offense Monday.

It’s seemingly a recognition that Kellen Moore has struggled mightily and that Rush himself has played well. Rush completed 8-of-9 passes for 92 yards and two touchdowns against the Colts Saturday, for a 148.8 passer rating that jumps off the page. Moore was 10-of-21 for 131 yards (67.8) and lost a fumble which was returned for a touchdown.

Owner Jerry Jones wasn’t rushing Rush into the backup job Saturday night, however.

“I’m just glad to see Rush taking advantage of his opportunities out there,” Jones said. “We wouldn’t want to get ahead of ourselves, in any way here. We have a lot of confidence in 17 [Moore].”

There’s nothing to illustrate a reason that confidence lately, as Moore has a pedestrian 75.0 passer rating in three preseason games (to Rush’s 125.2).

Maybe between that and their previous success with undrafted rookies for directional schools in the Midwest will give them pause. Some guy named Tony Romo from Eastern Illinois was pretty good there, so perhaps this kid from Central Michigan will get a shot.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised, but Glad to see this. Competition. If nothing else maybe it sends a message or gives us a better look at the kid.
As a very wise man told us...Football is a meritocracy.

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 22, 2017, 6:05 AM EDT
ap_17232114888692-e1503396286366.jpg

AP

The Cowboys have a sense that they need a better backup plan at quarterback, even if that doesn’t include bringing in a veteran yet.

So for the time being, they’re going to turn back to a path that has yielded pretty good results for them in the past.

According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Cowboys let undrafted rookie Cooper Rush take snaps with the second offense Monday.

It’s seemingly a recognition that Kellen Moore has struggled mightily and that Rush himself has played well. Rush completed 8-of-9 passes for 92 yards and two touchdowns against the Colts Saturday, for a 148.8 passer rating that jumps off the page. Moore was 10-of-21 for 131 yards (67.8) and lost a fumble which was returned for a touchdown.

Owner Jerry Jones wasn’t rushing Rush into the backup job Saturday night, however.

“I’m just glad to see Rush taking advantage of his opportunities out there,” Jones said. “We wouldn’t want to get ahead of ourselves, in any way here. We have a lot of confidence in 17 [Moore].”

There’s nothing to illustrate a reason that confidence lately, as Moore has a pedestrian 75.0 passer rating in three preseason games (to Rush’s 125.2).

Maybe between that and their previous success with undrafted rookies for directional schools in the Midwest will give them pause. Some guy named Tony Romo from Eastern Illinois was pretty good there, so perhaps this kid from Central Michigan will get a shot.

This is a smart move, lets see what he does with/against better players.

If I had a say so, I'd keep Rush over Moore if only 2 QBs make the 53, then if Dak is hurt I'd hope Moore or McCown are still waiting on a phone call.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, if dak goes down an Moore is the backup then the season is OVER.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah brown could be a really good special teams player. I liked what he did to the punter and would like to see him do the same thing to Josh norman

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, if dak goes down an Moore is the backup then the season is OVER.
Well, all I know is last year I said "If Romo goes down the season is over".
Turns out we had our best season in years

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched several of Rush's college games over the past several weeks. The OL he played behind was horrible. So he is already used to pressure. Play him with the 2s and let's see more. I like what I see so far.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, all I know is last year I said "If Romo goes down the season is over".
Turns out we had our best season in years
Yeah, I had the same feeling. The thing is Kellen does not really look like an NFL qb. Small,weak arm, slow.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I had the same feeling. The thing is Kellen does not really look like an NFL qb. Small,weak arm, slow.
And Dak couldn't play from behind center, is not accurate and too inexperienced. Football is a team game. Never be surprised at what happens even when the best players get hurt

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen the "hype" about Moore. I think he is close to garbage. His slow delivery drives me crazy.

I am rooting for Rush. Big time.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen the "hype" about Moore. I think he is close to garbage. His slow delivery drives me crazy.

I am rooting for Rush. Big time.
The hype? I don't recall too many thinking very highly of him. I can't imagine many Cowboy fans will say they are happy with him and that he is a very good backup QB and we can't get better there. I thought he played well preseason game one. Other than that he hasn't been good in preseason or in the "real games" he played IMO. Being smart doesn't make you an NFL QB. I think the team needs to upgrade that spot, but where I may differ from you is I'm not sure Cooper Rush is better than Moore to step in for a game or two if Dak gets hurt right now. Maybe he is better today or maybe he will be better in a month. I think he certainly looks like he could be better eventually. I'll be fine with whatever the team does at backup QB and hope Dak stays healthy. If it were my call I keep 3 for at least the first 2 weeks of the season. I'd continue to evaluate the two guys and at some point in the year I'd cut one of them.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hype? I don't recall too many thinking very highly of him. I can't imagine many Cowboy fans will say they are happy with him and that he is a very good backup QB and we can't get better there. I thought he played well preseason game one. Other than that he hasn't been good in preseason or in the "real games" he played IMO. Being smart doesn't make you an NFL QB. I think the team needs to upgrade that spot, but where I may differ from you is I'm not sure Cooper Rush is better than Moore to step in for a game or two if Dak gets hurt right now. Maybe he is better today or maybe he will be better in a month. I think he certainly looks like he could be better eventually. I'll be fine with whatever the team does at backup QB and hope Dak stays healthy. If it were my call I keep 3 for at least the first 2 weeks of the season. I'd continue to evaluate the two guys and at some point in the year I'd cut one of them.

The "hype" was meant as good enough to be a second stringer, not that he was the second coming of Roger. "We have a lot of confidence in 17" -JJ I know, it is JJ talking but.......

Why he is still considered an option at all is beyond me. I remember Dak listed behind him in camp last year. Sometimes you have to second guess the ones who make the evaluations. I hated the fact that Romo went down and I do not want anyone to be injured but the football Gods were pulling some strings when kellen went down. Imagine if he didn't?