• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cooper Rush

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "hype" was meant as good enough to be a second stringer, not that he was the second coming of Roger. "We have a lot of confidence in 17" -JJ I know, it is JJ talking but.......

Why he is still considered an option at all is beyond me. I remember Dak listed behind him in camp last year. Sometimes you have to second guess the ones who make the evaluations. I hated the fact that Romo went down and I do not want anyone to be injured but the football Gods were pulling some strings when kellen went down. Imagine if he didn't?
I understood that part. But read what I said. I don't think too many Cowboy fans ever saw him as good enough to be a good backup even. As of today our decision is Moore or Rush. Neither makes me comfortable.

JJ will always back his players. It doesn't help anyone for him to come out and say Moore sucks and we hope we find someone better for cheap

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understood that part. But read what I said. I don't think too many Cowboy fans ever saw him as good enough to be a good backup even. As of today our decision is Moore or Rush. Neither makes me comfortable.

JJ will always back his players. It doesn't help anyone for him to come out and say Moore sucks and we hope we find someone better for cheap

The hype wasn't about the fans, it was more about him being on the team behind Romo in the first place. :suds:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dak couldn't play from behind center, is not accurate and too inexperienced. Football is a team game. Never be surprised at what happens even when the best players get hurt

I can't explain Dak. Paxton Lynch can't beat out Simien. It's just almost odd watching Dak. Any other rookie or 2 yr guy is ready to tuck it and run when the first option isn't there. Dak is so poised and never seems rushed. Now it helps him to have one of the top Olines in the game- yes. But it's something else. He gets criticized at times for just taking what he is given. If it is working, why change. He rarely forces anything. He looks like an 8 yr vet. Wentz, as well as he played at times, had major struggles last yr. I keep hearing wait to the defenses figure him out. I'm not sure what they can do to stop it. You can't double everyone.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hype wasn't about the fans, it was more about him being on the team behind Romo in the first place. :suds:
I wouldn't call that hype, thats how the team stacked them.

I for one never liked the idea of Moore being #2 but most of us saw Dak as a project for the future. I can't recall anyone pencilling him in at #2.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't explain Dak. Paxton Lynch can't beat out Simien. It's just almost odd watching Dak. Any other rookie or 2 yr guy is ready to tuck it and run when the first option isn't there. Dak is so poised and never seems rushed. Now it helps him to have one of the top Olines in the game- yes. But it's something else. He gets criticized at times for just taking what he is given. If it is working, why change. He rarely forces anything. He looks like an 8 yr vet. Wentz, as well as he played at times, had major struggles last yr. I keep hearing wait to the defenses figure him out. I'm not sure what they can do to stop it. You can't double everyone.
Did you see this when he was drafted?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think the Cowboys are gifted from the football Gods and maybe cursed just saying

No more no less but lets look at the facts

20 plus winning seasons in a row awesome and it will never be repeated I don't think
A guaranteed national game on Thanksgiving Day by the visionary Tex Schramn when no other team besides Detriot wanted it who was smart enough to tell other owners we will do it but you cant take it back.
They did in the 70's 75 and 77 and the rating were terrible

then the gift or curse of Jerry :D:suds:

yall decide

time for supper

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But even though I wanted him, I never knew he would play like he did. Hell even Peyton, Tom, and Aaron had some growing pains.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im saying all I read here is Dak is at least a year or two away from being an NFL QB.

That's what I'm saying. The talking heads normally say that about almost everybody especially one that played in a shot gun his whole college career. That's why I said I can't explain it. I mean he isn't that big 6'4 pocket passer with a cannon for an arm. He can run but he isn't Michael Vick. I mean I swear I watched the Blue/ White Scrimmage last year and I was worried about him making the team. They kept talking about the Showers guy and how he was outplaying him. It's just amazing the way he played

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying. The talking heads normally say that about almost everybody especially one that played in a shot gun his whole college career. That's why I said I can't explain it. I mean he isn't that big 6'4 pocket passer with a cannon for an arm. He can run but he isn't Michael Vick. I mean I swear I watched the Blue/ White Scrimmage last year and I was worried about him making the team. They kept talking about the Showers guy and how he was outplaying him. It's just amazing the way he played

All I know is he made the most out of his opportunity. I read this off season that if Dak looked like this in practice last year he'd have taken the start from Moore even if he never got hurt.
It's amazing how he played, hoping it wasnt a fluke. His game last week gives me very high hopes.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call that hype, thats how the team stacked them.

I for one never liked the idea of Moore being #2 but most of us saw Dak as a project for the future. I can't recall anyone pencilling him in at #2.

That is why I put hype in quotes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think the Cowboys are gifted from the football Gods and maybe cursed just saying

No more no less but lets look at the facts

20 plus winning seasons in a row awesome and it will never be repeated I don't think
A guaranteed national game on Thanksgiving Day by the visionary Tex Schramn when no other team besides Detriot wanted it who was smart enough to tell other owners we will do it but you cant take it back.
They did in the 70's 75 and 77 and the rating were terrible

then the gift or curse of Jerry :D:suds:

yall decide

time for supper
Don't look now, but the Pats are already getting pretty close to that one...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are currently 23 quarterbacks with 30 or more attempts in the 2017 preseason, and Rush leads all of them with a quarterback rating of 125.2. Only two of those other 22 quarterbacks – highly-prized backup Jimmy Garoppolo and No. 2 overall pick Mitchell Trubisky – have ratings in the triple digits.

Despite Attention, Cooper Rush Keeping His Focus On Earning A Roster Spot

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are currently 23 quarterbacks with 30 or more attempts in the 2017 preseason, and Rush leads all of them with a quarterback rating of 125.2. Only two of those other 22 quarterbacks – highly-prized backup Jimmy Garoppolo and No. 2 overall pick Mitchell Trubisky – have ratings in the triple digits.

Despite Attention, Cooper Rush Keeping His Focus On Earning A Roster Spot

Kid sounds grounded, he knows he HAS to FIGHT for a spot. I'm sold on him.

Now we all know I'm no English Major but did anyone else wonder how this made past editing.

"For the most part, the young quarterback is doing a good job with that. But he can forget about keeping a low profile from here on out. As he spoked to a mob of reporters on Tuesday morning, Rush acknowledged that it’s become a bit harder to remain oblivious to the world outside his playbook."

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid has done well against the comp he's faced. I believe if he starts going against 1's and 2's, his brains and moxy won't be able to overcome that noodle arm...but I hope to be proven wrong

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im saying all I read here is Dak is at least a year or two away from being an NFL QB.
Very true. I figured that he would back up romo a few years and be starter. I never thought much about him being under center. That could be said about lots of rookies. He looked the part as far as size and athletic ability comING out. It became obvious to me during the pre season there was something different about him.