• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Controversial NFL opinion

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No when they won it was because Aikman wasn't shitty enough to fuck it up and when they lost it was because he wasn't great enough to elevate them. In other words he was mediocre for his era . Dude had a 1.1 to 1 TD to INT rate, 61% completion , averaged 3k yards per year, went 94-71 as a starter and lost more close games than he won . He also happened to play 5 of his 12 years with the best collection of talent possibly ever assembled . And still those are his numbers . I'm all g or giving guys props for winning rings but none of those rings were because of Aikman . None
so if Tom Brady played with Emmitt Smith who hogged all the TDs, he would suddenly not be a good QB because of his ratio?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee thats a broad cherry picked sat.........

in that time no clutch drive? no winning seasons? NOT A SINGLE 2 MINUTE DRILL? no 2 min dtivr
Every jackwagon that plays for 12 years has those . Aikman may or may not have been clutch in the playoffs . Never had to find out. And he was below average in the regular season in close games especially given the talent he played with for the majority of his career

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...I'm sure

make no mistake....if playoff Aikman had his team inside the 10 with a first down like Ryan did against Philly...Aikman scores and goes to the Super Bowl.

3 champioships and in those three years Aikman threw 17 TD's to 4 Ints.
Ryan my ass

Like this time...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if Tom Brady played with Emmitt Smith who hogged all the TDs, he would suddenly not be a good QB because of his ratio?
Come on man .The only reason anyone mentions Aikman as "elite " is because of the talent on those teams . To his credit he didn't screw it up . So that's something

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man .The only reason anyone mentions Aikman as "elite " is because of the talent on those teams . To his credit he didn't screw it up . So that's something
Point is. That team was a stout running team. While you try to use stats to make your point.
Go & pick whoever you think a great QB is & put them on that same team & that great Qb wouldnt have great stats. That is how that team was run. So i ask as you look at stats to make your point. Would those great Qbs be less of a QB?
Only thing ridiculous in this conversation is calling him below average.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every jackwagon that plays for 12 years has those . Aikman may or may not have been clutch in the playoffs . Never had to find out. And he was below average in the regular season in close games especially given the talent he played with for the majority of his career
Yeah, no.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so let me get this straight.
When the Cowboys has a bad ass team it is all the team & none of Aikman, but when the Cowboys totally suck, it is all because of Aikman & not the team. Got it.

I say if not for Aikman the team would have been way worse than 36-39. Now what LOL
Sounds just like a certain Browns fan who reads PFF but doesn't watch Football doesn't it :pound:
The internet has proven one thing. Most people who don't have a point will find a stat to "prove" it. I wonder if this was on PFF?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds just like a certain Browns fan who reads PFF but doesn't watch Football doesn't it :pound:
The internet has proven one thing. Most people who don't have a point will find a stat to "prove" it. I wonder if this was on PFF?
Rickyroma?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is. That team was a stout running team. While you try to use stats to make your point.
Go & pick whoever you think a great QB is & put them on that same team & that great Qb wouldnt have great stats. That is how that team was run. So i ask as you look at stats to make your point. Would those great Qbs be less of a QB?
Only thing ridiculous in this conversation is calling him below average.
Ultimately it's my opinion that 2/3 of the QBs from his era would've won 3 ( or more ) SBs with that roster . Nothing Aikman did in the playoffs was the primary reason Dallas ever won a SB and during the regular season he was mediocre . I watched every single Dallas playoff game he ever played and I never once thought "wow Aikman really saved them today " and if you're being honest you never thought that either

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately it's my opinion that 2/3 of the QBs from his era would've won 3 ( or more ) SBs with that roster . Nothing Aikman did in the playoffs was the primary reason Dallas ever won a SB and during the regular season he was mediocre . I watched every single Dallas playoff game he ever played and I never once thought "wow Aikman really saved them today " and if you're being honest you never thought that either
you sir are an idiot to the largest degree.
That first SB was all Aikman and bet you ass if Aikman had a first down inside the 10 against Philly he wins that game....and, he wouldn't have blown a SB with a big lead

Get the fuck ouuta here with your bull shit...you couldn't look any less stupid

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first SB was all Aikman and bet you ass if Aikman had a first down inside the 10 against Philly he wins that game....and, he wouldn't have blown a SB with a big lead

Aikman did play great that first SB run but Dallas won by 23 ppg. Everyone played great. You don't need to get upset . It's just my opinion . That's the point 9f the thread correct ?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like this time. Haha

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns will go 5-11.

Sorry Browns fans.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aikman did play great that first SB run but Dallas won by 23 ppg. Everyone played great. You don't need to get upset . It's just my opinion . That's the point 9f the thread correct ?
you've spent the better part of two days slamming all things Aikman, First it was 20 QB's in today's game would do just as well and now it's 20 QB's from his era could do what Aikman did. That's some stupid ass statements when you consider the role of an NFL QB and the decisions made or not made when distributing the football. Aikman had 17 TD's and 4 INT's in those 3 SB playoff runs (9 games) for a team that ran the football first and always fed Smith inside the 5. yet, to hear you talk, just about anyone coulda done that....I find that pure stupidity talking and looking to get a rise outta someone.

I'll say it again since we're throwing out our hot sports opinions. No way Aikman blows a 25 point second half lead in the SB. Aikman woulda called time out and jumped every coach on that team instead of being a robot to the play calling. AND, no way Aikman doesn't score with the game on the line inside the 10 with 4 downs in the playoffs. Your boy had some pretty darn good people around him too over the years and has compiled a 4-6 playoff record. Stick to your Ryan ball washing all you want but buy a fucking clue when it comes to the value of Troy Aikman. I'm not saying he was an all time great, but he was a very good NFL QB and leader, pretty darn clutch in the playoffs, something Ryan has yet to show much of to this point.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you've spent the better part of two days slamming all things Aikman, First it was 20 QB's in today's game would do just as well and now it's 20 QB's from his era could do what Aikman did. That's some stupid ass statements when you consider the role of an NFL QB and the decisions made or not made when distributing the football. Aikman had 17 TD's and 4 INT's in those 3 SB playoff runs (9 games) for a team that ran the football first and always fed Smith inside the 5. yet, to hear you talk, just about anyone coulda done that....I find that pure stupidity talking and looking to get a rise outta someone.

I'll say it again since we're throwing out our hot sports opinions. No way Aikman blows a 25 point second half lead in the SB. Aikman woulda called time out and jumped every coach on that team instead of being a robot to the play calling. AND, no way Aikman doesn't score with the game on the line inside the 10 with 4 downs in the playoffs. Your boy had some pretty darn good people around him too over the years and has compiled a 4-6 playoff record. Stick to your Ryan ball washing all you want but buy a fucking clue when it comes to the value of Troy Aikman. I'm not saying he was an all time great, but he was a very good NFL QB and leader, pretty darn clutch in the playoffs, something Ryan has yet to show much of to this point.
Of course Dallas doesn't blow a 25 point lead . Dallas had an elite D. I get it. You're a Dallas fan so somehow you're taking my opinion personally . I simply don't think Aikman was anything more than a mediocre QB who played on probably ( imo ) the best roster ever . You can say he would've been clutch all you want to but we will never know as he never played a close playoff game and he was below average in such games throughout his career in the regular season .

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bengals will make the playoffs, AND win a playoff game this season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say he would've been clutch all you want to but we will never know as he never played a close playoff game
wrong....watch that first SB run when they played the niners in SF.
Aikman drills Harper in an extremely close game. That play was pure clutch and took the fight outta the niners