• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Contract offers extended to DT/JT

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STATELINE, Nev. — The Denver Broncos have made contract offers to star wide receiver Demaryius Thomas and tight end Julius Thomas and will continue negotiating with both players after training camp opens July 24, Broncos general manager John Elway said Wednesday.

"Nothing is going to get done before camp, but we'll keep talking to them in camp," Elway told USA TODAY Sports after playing a practice round of golf at the American Century Championship near Lake Tahoe.

Broncos boss John Elway still working on deals for Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas

Sounds like DTs deal is just about done

Last edited by a moderator:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still kinda wish they'd sit on JT through this year, but I'm glad their gonna pay DT. He's gonna be the cornerstone of our WR corp the next 7-8 years, barring injury.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if it makes you feel better Elway has said JT is not getting Jimmy Graham money. He cited Julius Thomas' 23 games in 3 years as a prime reason for holding back the money. He also sounds confident in moving on if JT doesn't want to take the hometown discount.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still kinda wish they'd sit on JT through this year, but I'm glad their gonna pay DT. He's gonna be the cornerstone of our WR corp the next 7-8 years, barring injury.

Not me. I really hope they lock him up before this season because I have a feeling he's going to be even better than he was last year. He admitted that he was still learning the game last season and basically got by on athleticism. I think with last year under his belt, he'll use that experience to be even better next year. And if he that does happen and the Broncos haven't locked him up he'll command even more money than he does now.

So please, Elway, get him signed before the season!

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong - I'd love if he resigned, but like r0k said......not for Graham type money.

Elway has already addressed this, apparently :nod:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless JT suffers another injury his price truly is just going to go up after this next season. At least now the Broncos can get him for around Martellus Bennett type money (around $6-7 million a year). My guess is if he has another year like he did this past one that jumps closer to $8-9 million.

DT it sounds like they have reached a point where they agree with the overall money but are just figuring out the guaranteed side of it (which really is a bit more important than the overall figure). Broncos had the same thing with Clady when they were doing his contract and obviously they eventually reached an agreement. Elway is one that knows the value of a player and doesn't try to undercut them by much. I think players respect that.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn cd....I stupidly didn't think about it like that, but you certainly have a valid point. His price tag could be a hell of alot higher after next year if he duplicates his 2013 numbers.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 years/$24 mil

Get er' done

:suds:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah like cd mentioned the overall contracts for each position are all basicaly in a certain range. Its the "guaranteed " money that they ( players) covet the most. I too agree that reaching a deal with JT soon would prob come alot cheaper. Prob is his agent is prob no dummy either and might shoot for a 2 yr deal instead of a locked in multi yr contract. Could get alittle sticky but hope not. Iam sure the DT deal ( top 5 wr money) should end up with two happy sides.