• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demaryius Watch

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just chomping at the bit at all news here in WISCONSIN related to D. Thomas ... I have loved the Broncos ever since we had moved up to Loveland in 1989 when I was 8 years old.. Been a crazy fan since.. I have 28 John Elway RC cards and 76 of his signatures as proof HAHA

Anyway, Can my boys out in Colorado tell me if they see ANY movement on the contract situation.. I was a little taken back about Boss Hoss's comments about D.T. not being in camp etc.. I understand that if he gets hurt he wont be paid but CMON sign the man.. Puts up huge numbers every year for our boys and is an extremely great person off the field.. I truly believe that what he saw growing up made him a great person and would love to see a long term deal done sooner rather than later..

Anything Cdumler7 or others ??

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No soup for you

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so far this is the news...There is no news. Ok so maybe there is a little bit of information out there. Right now we do know that Manning and Sanders have both been talking to D. Thomas quite a bit. They know he wants to be here and will eventually get here.

As for news on the contract Elway said the team has not made anymore advances in contract talks with him. It seems both sides have dug in for the short term and we will just have to wait and see who blinks first. From what I understand the Broncos are looking at something like $12 million a year for him while DT is wanting something closer to $15 million. The Broncos at first were looking to see what happens with Bryant but it doesn't seem like the Cowboys have made any advances either as they would rather wait as Bryant still has some off the field things that keep popping up.

So again right now it is more of a waiting game. My guess is maybe end of June the team and Thomas will get more serious about getting something done. Right now it seems like the team and FO is focused on what is going on on the field with OTA's then next week being Mandatory Mini Camp. After that they have a month break so expect it to get done then.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the broncos " leaking the contract they offered to DT" should this be view as good or bad?? Makes him the 2nd highest paid WR and we know he will not get #1 money.. Does this give any hope?

My thoughts are he wont sign but the Broncos are smart and wanted to "leak" the info because they want their other players to know that A LOT of money was offered and it was the player who didn't sign, not the team

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the broncos " leaking the contract they offered to DT" should this be view as good or bad?? Makes him the 2nd highest paid WR and we know he will not get #1 money.. Does this give any hope?

My thoughts are he wont sign but the Broncos are smart and wanted to "leak" the info because they want their other players to know that A LOT of money was offered and it was the player who didn't sign, not the team

At this point I just have no clue what is all going on here. So much information coming out as we get closer to the deadline. Some say the two sides are way too far apart and others say the two sides are very close and are just working on the little details. At this point I am hoping Elway has told DT's camp that this is what they are willing to pay up to and you can take it or leave it but we are not going any higher. Elway has done this in the past and well I think the results speak for themselves in the Broncos have had one of the best cap situations in the league while also fielding one of the best rosters in football. Right now I would cap things off at $14 million and even that is a little higher than I would like.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw what you were talking about grim rpr. He is wanting more overall than what Calvin is getting plus more in guarantees. Calvin makes a little over $16 million a year plus $48 million in guarantees. Yeah that is not happening. If that is the case then just time to sit on our hands and wait for tomorrow to come and see if DT and his camp come to their senses. If not then tell DT good luck on the FT.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I've read, it just doesn't seem likely that a deal gets done. There is risk for both sides on this, IMO. If a deal is not struck, I think DT is banking on having a great year under the franchise tag and seeing WR dollars going up in 2016. I'm sure his agent is telling him that the big contract is a now or never type of event. Big risk. The Broncos on the other hand seem to think that the WR pay scale will continue to soften moving forward. They've also got the problem of having to deal with Von Miller next year.

I think the Broncos have made their decision. Here's the offer. Take it or leave it and we'll take our chances in 2016. They know DT wants to play in Denver but I believe they're convinced that he's as replaceable as anyone if he doesn't come off of his salary expectations.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I've read, it just doesn't seem likely that a deal gets done. There is risk for both sides on this, IMO. If a deal is not struck, I think DT is banking on having a great year under the franchise tag and seeing WR dollars going up in 2016. I'm sure his agent is telling him that the big contract is a now or never type of event. Big risk. The Broncos on the other hand seem to think that the WR pay scale will continue to soften moving forward. They've also got the problem of having to deal with Von Miller next year.

I think the Broncos have made their decision. Here's the offer. Take it or leave it and we'll take our chances in 2016. They know DT wants to play in Denver but I believe they're convinced that he's as replaceable as anyone if he doesn't come off of his salary expectations.

At this point Elway has said there are certain positions that he is willing to invest big money into. I think he said QB, LT, Corner, and Pass Rusher are the 4 positions that he sees as huge for a team to invest in. Not hard to see that this is exactly where he has invested with Manning and a 2nd round pick in Osweiler for the QB position, Clady getting his big contract plus another 2nd round pick used on the position, Corner having Talib and Harris with big contracts while also using a 1st round pick on Roby, and finally spending big on Ware while also using 2 1st round picks in Von Miller and now Shane Ray.

I do think the Broncos look at the WR position and while it is important isn't worth breaking the bank for. Elway has shown that he knows the value of a player and knows the value of a position and just won't go beyond it even for a very good player like DT. We have let some talented players walk because those players knew on the open market some team would overpay. This is definitely not the time to cave. Like I've said I would much rather see DT play on his FT this year and see what we have in Latimer before investing big money in a guy that we might already have a pretty darn good replacement on the roster for him.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES I agree with you CD.. 14 mil is the HIGH POINT because of the VON issue... he must get signed.. I love DT but I don't see him as a MUST like I do Von Miller.. I don't see a way at all that DT will ever get Calvin money .. I just don't.. I think the next 24 hours say a lot of our plans for the future !!

Decker wanted paid also but he ended up having a sub par year with only 5 td's and under a thousand yards but the two are of course on a different planet when it comes to talent.. I do think it is in DT's best interest to try to get this deal done and taken care of.. if not oh well, then Sanders steps up and we cross our fingers on Cody L.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES I agree with you CD.. 14 mil is the HIGH POINT because of the VON issue... he must get signed.. I love DT but I don't see him as a MUST like I do Von Miller.. I don't see a way at all that DT will ever get Calvin money .. I just don't.. I think the next 24 hours say a lot of our plans for the future !!

Decker wanted paid also but he ended up having a sub par year with only 5 td's and under a thousand yards but the two are of course on a different planet when it comes to talent.. I do think it is in DT's best interest to try to get this deal done and taken care of.. if not oh well, then Sanders steps up and we cross our fingers on Cody L.

The great thing about this year for our team is we still do have Manning. Manning has made a career out of taking no name receivers and making them household names. It is why I guess I don't worry a ton of DT decides to sit out for a while. Yes DT is a playmaker so some of his ability will be missed but I think Latimer could step in day 1 and we would still have a potent offense. Talks from camp so far have been that Latimer has been one of the best players so far. There are players saying he easily has the best hands on the team which to me is saying something after last year with Sanders and the crazy catches he made for our team. I actually think Latimer is a better compliment to that of Sanders in the sense of Sanders can be the deep threat and speedster where Latimer is more of a possession receiver. DT is good as a possession receiver but his biggest weakness in my opinion is winning the jump balls and that is where I can see Latimer becoming our best Red Zone player. He is JT's replacement this year in that area in my opinion.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lat will be huge this year no doubt.. he better be... now with Welker gone it will make room for him to shine.. I personally don't see DT staying out that long.. its money left on the table and a lot of it.. I hope he signs.. I hate the reports that vary so much is the story of how far or close they are.. I think that gap will shrink in the next 12 hours so it wait and see time

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't get DT signed what you do you guys think about hitting him with the non exclusive franchise tag next year? As much as I like the guy I don't want to lose someone like Von because we have all that money invested in someone else so we'll tag DT but if someone wants to come in and pay him I'd gladly take the 2 1st round picks.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't get DT signed what you do you guys think about hitting him with the non exclusive franchise tag next year? As much as I like the guy I don't want to lose someone like Von because we have all that money invested in someone else so we'll tag DT but if someone wants to come in and pay him I'd gladly take the 2 1st round picks.

Would be too expensive and no one would give up 2 1st rounders for him. Denver by the reports I've seen used this tag on him this season. If he doesn't sign the offer on the table (last I heard it's been sitting there for over a month) he will likely become UFA next season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We did this in this off season and nobody took the bait from what I have heard. It is hard to give up 2 1st round picks plus then know you are going to be paying a guy top dollar for his position all at the same time. It just doesn't happen especially for the WR position that has just been flooded with talent over the last few drafts. We are in the period of the NFL where there are just ridiculous receivers coming out of college. I honestly think they are going to quickly become like the RB in a dime a dozen in they just won't get paid. You are seeing teams this year show they don't want to pay top dollar even for elite talent at the position. An elite WR is just not part of the formula for winning a Super Bowl. Probably last time it happened was when the Colts won the Super Bowl with Manning and had Reggie Wayne.

So at this point what the Broncos can hope for if they don't get him signed is that next year either get him signed early as I think they save the FT for Von Miller (although I think his deal will be easier as I do think Justin Houston gets his deal done today and that should be about in line with what Von will get after this season), or just let him walk in FA and be ok picking up a 3rd round Comp pick when he signs a big deal with some other team.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate to say it but we need to let him walk next year... both him and dez want top dollar and that just is not the market so my best guess is they will learn that next year.. and prob play for a bottom team.. i.e. Julius Thomas ... there will be more very good WR on the market next year and we can go for one of those and pay VON

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate to say it but we need to let him walk next year... both him and dez want top dollar and that just is not the market so my best guess is they will learn that next year.. and prob play for a bottom team.. i.e. Julius Thomas ... there will be more very good WR on the market next year and we can go for one of those and pay VON

That is something they should really think about in that next year the WR market gets even crazier than this year. Joining them next year are Julio Jones and A.J. Green as franchise WR's. After that is a decent #2 type receiver market plus then the draft which has proven as of late to produce some great receivers. I honestly think if they wait till next year more teams will just dig in not willing to pay that ridiculous price and we could actually see a drop in the top WR prices even starting next year. I mean this is what the Broncos did when DRC turned down their huge contract day 1 in they just went and offered the same thing to Talib pretty much and he accepted it leaving DRC then having trouble finding a job and took much less than what the Broncos first offered him. I could see that happen again with the WR market next year in offering say $13 million a year with $40 million in guarantees and say DT turns it down then just go down the list and find the guy who is willing to accept that. Honestly that list of Julio, Dez, Green, and DT I don't think there is much that separates them in ability and honestly would love any of them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the days that having so much media at your fingertips is not a good thing. Hearing many different reports on whether DT will sign his deal or not today. One said that DT at the end will sign the best deal on the table and another that the Broncos and DT haven't talked in over a month and the fact that they are not sitting at the table trying to get something done right now pretty much shows both sides are comfortable letting DT be franchised and just see what happens.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also saw a report about an hour ago that says DT will not participate in the rest of preseason without a deal. That sucks if true.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal made. 5 years 70 million, 43.5 guaranteed

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really went down to the wire, as negotiations do often do. Seems like Dallas signing Bryant only a few minutes earlier played a prominent role in getting a deal with DT done.