• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CONFIRMED - Zidlicky for/ Foster, Veilleux, Palmieri, Caps 2nd Rd pick.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thats before i thought it was just foster and a conditional pick.

palmeri isnt anything special. lets face it. and foster is average at best. im just not happy giving up a 2nd rounder and who knows the conditions of the pic?

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

palmeri isnt anything special. lets face it. and foster is average at best. im just not happy giving up a 2nd rounder and who knows the conditions of the pic?

Theres the Cup we know... LOL... yeah way too much for him... I dont mind the two players... but the two picks as well for a 35 year old just seems bad.... esp the second rounder....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
few things though. i'm on the fence with the trade.

he has good legs still isnt really over the hill yet. its only 1 more year at 4 million. i do think the draft picks hurt the feeling on this deal. palmeri wasnt going to be a difference maker here he played with kovalchuk this year and got sent down to albany come on.

zid waived his ntc to come here that has to say a lot about his confidence?

say this trade can have major upside for the devils if he can help out the pp. which if he was here tonight wouldve been the difference in winning the game.

just sucks because that caps 2nd round pick shouldve been a high one too

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont pretend i know enuff about Zidlicky but IMO that's a bit much for him...

wtf....

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont pretend i know enuff about Zidlicky but IMO that's a bit much for him...

wtf....

I am in the same boat... I just dont know enough about him and what kind of player he is to know if this is good or not.... Its just some trades you know are good, some you know are stupid... I just dont know about this one.... It could turn out to be great.... good points too Cup, esp about the no trade clause dump to come here... He could shine, but then again, for how many years?

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WOW

I dont know what to say....

THAT IS A LOT OF PEOPLE/STUFF GOING BACK!

Its intriguing. This opens up a lot of contract spots that we were lacking. Is lou ready to pick at the waiver wire or is he planning another big trade?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Foster: Pretty worthless on D, Zid easily replaces him.
Palimieri: Promise, but a bust so far.
2nd round pick: fine.
The conditional 3rd round pick is if we make it to the ECF, which one would have to assume Zid plays a role in.

Let's give the guy some time, see how the PP continues, and go from there.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
see how the PP continues,

That's what I'm afraid of. Foster was awful in all aspects of play except the PP. He was HUGE on the pp though. I would have wanted to keep him as an extra forward/7th Dman.

The other guys have no bearing on play this year. I'm hoping the loss of Palmieri means Lou wants to keep Poni. The guy is great for this team.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually upset that Palmieri was involved.

Btw, Zidlicky wanted out of Minny (can't stand coach Yeo) and probably would have went to a number of teams.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The pick is a 3rd rounder in 2013 and only activates if we make it to the ECF this season, and Zid plays in 75% of our playoff games. So basically if he stays healthy and helps us in the playoffs we have to give up 3rd in 2013.

I think we can all says that if he helps us get to the ECF, he's worth it.
With him here, Foster wouldn't be playing. So it's really a 2nd and Palm for Zid.... 2nd rounder is the going rate here for defensemen at the deadline. In fact, some teams have paid way more than that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL draft picks are a crap shoot..what are the odds that a star player will be selected with those picks we traded away? Lou got the best player in the deal. Were a win now team guys and Palmeiri wasnt as important as lets say Taromina or Josefsen going the other way. THAT I wouldve been pissed at. The kid only looked good on the Kovy line last season..couldnt even crack the lineup this year.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first glance I thought we gave up too much but in hindsight it's not nearly as bad as it seems. The only regular we gave up was Foster who has been steadily climbing my shit list. He is an absolute disaster in our own end. Zidlicky is an upgrade from Foster so the team has improved.

Palmieri, Veilleux who gives a shit. The 2nd round sounds like a lot but from what I have heard this is a very, very thin draft so I don't mind that too much. The conditional pick we only give up if we make it to the ECF so I will happily give that away if that's the case. My only concern is what the cap hit will do to potentially resigning Parise.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wasn't henrquie a 2nd rounder?

I will go on record and say I'm fine with the deal. Palmeri isn't much to write home about. And the 2ns who knows. We did get that 2nd for arnott wgo was purely a rental.

I think zidlicky would've been a difference maker in last nights game.

I bet the ESPN ranger board is bashing this lol oh pasta and dump those clowns

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't henrquie a 2nd rounder?

I will go on record and say I'm fine with the deal. Palmeri isn't much to write home about. And the 2ns who knows. We did get that 2nd for arnott wgo was purely a rental.

I think zidlicky would've been a difference maker in last nights game.

I bet the ESPN ranger board is bashing this lol oh pasta and dump those clowns

He was a 3rd rounder. Teds and cormier were our 1st and 2nd round picks in that draft.

I don't know much about zidlicky and he has to be an upgrade from Foster....so I'm fine with it.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We gave up a lot. We only win on this trade if the team goes far in the playoffs. Foster helped on the PP but stunk defensively. Zidlicky is good on the power play and can play defense. I don't like the second rounder either but the winner of this trade will be determined how late the Devils season ends.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also yesterday proved the Devils can skate and beat anybody in the league. Lou rolled the dice. I think this team has a chance as good as anybody right now.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Henrique was a third, but that doesn't really matter. 2nd round draft pick is still a valuable commodity, but you have to give up value to get value.

My biggest concern is losing Kurtis Foster.... Kurtis fucking Foster. love the deal!

Cup: Do you have a link to the ESPN boards? I haven't been able to find any way to get there since ESPN site is so awful. I want to see how those jokers are crying over this trade. I can picture it now:

"OMG They traded Palmieri! Their farm is SOOOOOO bad and now it gets even worse."

I guess we won't win the Prospect Cup this year. That damn Rangers farm team always wins it.