• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Compensatory Pick Deadline, May 12

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five things we have learned in NFL free agency -- John Clayton's mailbag

I just read that after May 12 any free agent that is signed does not count for or against compensatory picks (draft picks given to teams that lose more free agents than they sign).

The fact that Wosnieski (sp?) is still a FA gives me hope that we are sitting on our hands until May 12 and then we'll pounce on him and not adversely affect any draft picks we may receive in next year's draft.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't think Seattle has the cap space to sign him with Wag, RW, and all the potential draft picks still to come?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't think Seattle has the cap space to sign him with Wag, RW, and all the potential draft picks still to come?
I tend to agree. Pat Lewis looked to have done fairly well in replacing Unger while hurt last year. IIRC, we won the last 6 straight, which we had to do to win the division and collect HFA.
Roster wise, we need to replace 3 OL who have left last years team.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. Pat Lewis looked to have done fairly well in replacing Unger while hurt last year. IIRC, we won the last 6 straight, which we had to do to win the division and collect HFA.
Why not let that be Wosnieski and two draft picks? It scares the crap outta me knowing that we won't have Unger or Carpenter on that line with little with no great replacements (unless Lewis pans out)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. Pat Lewis looked to have done fairly well in replacing Unger while hurt last year. IIRC, we won the last 6 straight, which we had to do to win the division and coll HFA.
What do you feel this does to find a WR that Seattle needs? Also I would think they need to look for a Marshawn replacement? Personally i think he may call it quits after this year. No facts to back that up just a feeling. It doesn't appear Christie is the answer at this point.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you feel this does to find a WR that Seattle needs? Also I would think they need to look for a Marshawn replacement? Personally i think he may call it quits after this year. No facts to back that up just a feeling. It doesn't appear Christie is the answer at this point.
We drafted a WR in rnd 2 last year and just traded for Graham. Even with Richardson injured for the first part of the season, I think that's as much as we're doing to the receiver group this off-season. And on Lynch, I agree he'll need to be replaced soon, but RBs are one of the easier positions in the game to turn over. If the guy is good, you plug him in and it works. And young guys can be good right away at RB.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not let that be Wosnieski and two draft picks? It scares the crap outta me knowing that we won't have Unger or Carpenter on that line with little with no great replacements (unless Lewis pans out)
Only reason I can think of is how it would affect our cap. Probably can't swing it. We have some monsters at DL, LB, DBs, RB, TE, and QB.
We have to make financial concessions somewhere and it looks like OL will be the spot. The main position of NEED will be LG. Bring in a target LG and 2 or 3 more for depth. There should be quite a few OL in camp for competition.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can wait a year for Marshawns replacement. Getting Graham helps out tremendously for the WR's and we will probably draft one in the mid rounds.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can wait a year for Marshawns replacement. Getting Graham helps out tremendously for the WR's and we will probably draft one in the mid rounds.
This is supposed to be another deep year at WR. As much as we need OL, I hope we pull the trigger early on a WR. I'm partial to Funchess from Michigan. a tall, meaty guy that should work well in our system. Not sure if he makes it to the bottom half of the second round though

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is supposed to be another deep year at WR. As much as we need OL, I hope we pull the trigger early on a WR. I'm partial to Funchess from Michigan. a tall, meaty guy that should work well in our system. Not sure if he makes it to the bottom half of the second round though
I like this kid too. Seattle could bunch a couple of their 11 picks to move up if they want him that bad. Can't sign all 11 picks anyway so a move like that makes sense.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we move up as that is not JS's style. We have lost quite a few FA's the last 2 years and we need a starting LG and can use depth at many positions.