• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been a Tyler Ennis fan (former Medicine Hat Tiger by the way).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparks is getting re-signed for under a mil.

They still would've been better off with McBackup this season but I guess this allows for one less thing to worry about next year.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparks is getting re-signed for under a mil.

They still would've been better off with McBackup this season but I guess this allows for one less thing to worry about next year.

It kind of needed to be done with the lack of depth in the system. Cheap enough contract that it leaves you the option to upgrade the backup spot and bury it in the AHL if you really want/need to.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be too.

/So long as everybody knows the whole reason Horton was ever on the roster to begin with was to fix an earlier Nonis fuckup lol

What's actually left that Nonis has touched? I've got Nylander, Johnsson, Gauthier. Is that it?

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also tend to think that Hunter doesn't get the credit he deserves, the Knights have been a perennial model for success since they took over. The players that have rolled through here over the last decade plus could build a Stanley Cup winning dynasty no problem.

NB: And yes I realize that London has an almost completely unfair advantage over most of the OHL but the fact remains that the team is run like an NHL team.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a coincidence...

Gauthier

Nylander
Marner
Matthews

Lilllileijgrinnn (will never compute his name in my mind)
Sandin

The bolded guys are when Hunter was here and I guarantee that if Strome had still been on the board they would have still taken Marner with Hunter threatening everyone including Shanny with physical harm if they thought otherwise, like everyone else would have. How some team has not poached Hunter is an incredible oversight. The man knows talent.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gauthier

Nylander
Marner
Matthews

Sandin

The bolded guys are when Hunter was here and I guarantee that if Strome had still been on the board they would have still taken Marner with Hunter threatening everyone including Shanny with physical harm if they thought otherwise, like everyone else would have. How some team has not poached Hunter is an incredible oversight. The man knows talent.
Hunter wasn't around when they drafted Nylander.

Look past the first round and you'll see why Hunter is overrated. From 2015 on, the only non-first rounder to play any games in the NHL prior to last night is Travis Dermott. That includes 5 second round picks and 5 third round picks. Obviously there's time for guys to still develop but there isn't much expectations for anyone still in the system to do much.

It's almost a year later and I'm not too upset that Dubas got the Leaf job over Hunter.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gauthier

Nylander
Marner
Matthews

Sandin

Incredible foresight, picking Matthews and Marner. No one had those guys going as high they did :wink:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be at the game tonight. The last two I went to was the Wings before Christmas (came back from 3-1 down to win) and the Habs a few weeks ago on HNIC (came back from 3-0 down to win 6-3) so if it looks like we're getting shit kicked early on, fear not - I got this :)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BBB is posting from the rink - Save your voice for the game, buddy.