• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holtby and Andersen were both pretty stellar in that one.
Holtby had like 4 fuckups in the first five minutes and once the Leafs didn't score off of any of those it was like "yup, they're losing this one".

If he's getting into playoff mode, which is what the rest of the game looked like, that division is in trouble.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be like "Here, Holt my beer."

Get it! Because his last name is Holtby.

Guys?

GUYS?!?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memo to Kyle:

Put away your phone. Do not make any deadline deals. Ignore the media. This team is NOT one RD away from being a serious contender. Play it out with this team then use the offseason to address the D.

That is all.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memo to Kyle:

Put away your phone. Do not make any deadline deals. Ignore the media. This team is NOT one RD away from being a serious contender. Play it out with this team then use the offseason to address the D.

That is all.

Exactly, this is not a team that will win in the playoffs. Reminds me of the Sens during their glory years. All it will take is a guy like Gary Roberts to bitch slap them out in the first round.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memo to Kyle:

That is all.
Exactly, this is not a team that will win in the playoffs. Reminds me of the Sens during their glory years. All it will take is a guy like Gary Roberts to bitch slap them out in the first round.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have scars from the 70s series’ against Philly. Deja vu all over again. I hope you are right and those demons are exorcised
I would like to see the Leafs play a bit tougher, I think everyone would.

But the Leafs didn't lose to Boston because Boston out-muscled them. They won't lose to the Habs, or TB, because of that either. It boiled down far more to coaching and Babcock not adjusting once the opponent has figured out their breakout last year.

There is a way to win without being the bullies. I'm just not sure Babcock either has figured it out or is capable of doing so.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

That ice is moving faster than Milan Lucic.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 games left. Of that:

2 vs. Buffalo
2 vs. Edmonton
2 vs. Ottawa
2 vs. Philly
1 vs. Florida
1 vs. Vancouver
1 vs. NYR

The Leafs really have no excuse to not roll into the playoffs. That has to be among the weakest stretch runs in the league.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 games left. Of that:

2 vs. Buffalo
2 vs. Edmonton
2 vs. Ottawa
2 vs. Philly
1 vs. Florida
1 vs. Vancouver
1 vs. NYR

The Leafs really have no excuse to not roll into the playoffs. That has to be among the weakest stretch runs in the league.

Agreed. Went to see how many more they have against BOS and apparently the answer is 0. Oh well. They only have to make up one point to get home ice advantage. Should be doable.

(facetiously) Liking Ennis for team MVP. Anyone who can come back from a broken ankle and help the Goat to 2 points is some kind of special in my book.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Went to see how many more they have against BOS and apparently the answer is 0. Oh well. They only have to make up one point to get home ice advantage. Should be doable.

(facetiously) Liking Ennis for team MVP. Anyone who can come back from a broken ankle and help the Goat to 2 points is some kind of special in my book.
Playing the Sabres makes a lot of guys look MVP-worthy lately.

We saw the difference clearly last night. The good team got largely out-played for a big chunk of the game, but all they needed was half a period to win the game still. They find a way to win. We don't.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ennis was good both before he got hurt and since he came back.

And if anything gets the Goat going, I'm good with it. Have a feeling bringing Petan on board may have scared a few guys.

/Trevor Moore is also too good to be playing at the Ex. He belongs on the big club.

We saw the difference clearly last night. The good team got largely out-played for a big chunk of the game, but all they needed was half a period to win the game still. They find a way to win. We don't.
A lot of the game was even. I think Montour will help Buffalo but it won't do much for them this season.

But man do they need some talent further down the lineup.