• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when the players are signed there are still BS offer sheet rumours out there lol.

20. Let’s empty the notebook on Matthews negotiations. A couple executives said that one of the conspiracy theories was someone would offer-sheet Matthews for four years at a huge number, knowing Toronto would match. The problem with that term is it walked the franchise cornerstone directly to unrestricted free agency — the thing the Maple Leafs wanted the least. Was it true? Who knows? But it was out there, and the team had to be cognizant of it.

Yes, the Leafs were so scared of losing Matthews at the dawning of his UFA eligibility made by any one of the many mystery teams that are apparently foaming at the mouth to finally awaken and offer sheet the Leafs into oblivion while risking their next four drafts that they hurried up and signed him to a contract that ends one year into his UFA eligibility.

I'm wondering if it's just Dubas putting these rumours out there himself to fuck with guys like Friedman.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Pierre Lebrun:

But here’s the thing: They almost signed Ryan Reaves last summer - a lot of people perhaps didn’t hear that. They actually thought they had him, but then Reaves had a last-minute change of heart and went back to Vegas. But I think when they included Ferland in the Carolina deal, I think they thought they were getting Reaves.

Ferland was traded to Carolina on June 23. The free agency negotiating window opened on June 25. So either the Flames were tampering with a "grit" player or Pierre Lebrun is full of shit.
So apparently Lebrun is doing it again - his Athletic notebook apparently has a snip about how Lou and the Isles knew JT was going to Toronto in the days before it happened and decided to try and trade him to the Leafs the day before UFA opened so the Leafs could sign him for an extra year and NYI could recoup something but the trade "fell apart.

The only problem, of course, being that the 8-year window expired when JT could start talking to other teams. It was well-publicized.

Why is he making shit up about stuff that doesn't line up with official timelines?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaving this for tomorrow morning because I saw what Babs has done in practice since Saturday and I have that dreaded feeling about tonight:

Rielly-Gardiner
Muzzin-Dermott
Who-Cares

There is no reason not to, Mike.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the Leafs haven’t scored in five periods and the Blues haven’t allowed a goal since the Bush Administration or something so....yeah, fuck St. Louis right?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably lost track of it while he was arguing for Columbus to get a baseball team over Montreal lol

Did he really? Nothing against Columbus (they probably would do a fine job supporting a MLB team), but bring back Les Expos.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he really? Nothing against Columbus (they probably would do a fine job supporting a MLB team), but bring back Les Expos.
I'm pretty sure he tried putting an NFL team there too lol.

I get it, he was born there, but like...wtf? And every single person he's mentioned it to has just been like "that's dumb".

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching the Marlies and Moose from last night on NHL network. Every time they say "Molino" I keep thinking "there's another Foligno?"

We need to get him and Nick Bonino to drive Jeff Rimer into retirement.

Foligno from Molino and Bonino!