• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts @ 49ers Game week thread

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd quarter: Not much that I could see until late in the quarter.

Kaepernick was trying to extend a play late in the half by stepping up into the pocket and as he was stepping up, he had Kyle freeing up from his defender after he crossed the field and then turned upfield which is when he was able to beat his man. If Kaepernick would've looked right as he was stepping up in the pocket, he probably could've just floated a pass down the right sideline (Kyle was 10 yards downfield) and it could've been a big gain if Kyle would've been able to separate, which he probably would've done as he had at least 1 1/2 steps on his man around the time the ball would've gotten there.

The only other thing I could see was again late in the 2nd quarter. Kyle ran another short crosser on a 3rd and 10 and was held BIG TIME by his man. Not called. Would've given the team a first down.

Sounds like a lot of the hate directed at Williams is unfounded. But I find it even more frightening that the incompetence lays with Kaepernick rather than Williams. If one receiver is bad that is one thing but when the quarterback is bad that is a whole other thing. He must be really panicking in the pocket.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I pointed out last week that after seeing the coaches cam for the first 2 games, Kaepernick has missed Kyle Williams for several big chunks of yards and at least 3, but probably 4 would be (2 guaranteed) TDs already this season if he'd have seen him and been able to make the throw. That was through 104 snaps going into last week (pass and run).

I'm finally getting a chance to go through last week's game and I'm seeing the same thing. Kaepernick in the first quarter alone missed an open Kyle for gains of at least 7, 16, and 6 (on a 3rd and short that would've gotten the first).

I'll try to post what I see in quarters 2-4 here shortly but I just wanted to highlight that as it is not something I've seen anywhere else except for one other person last week who actually posted the coaches cam photos on a different website.

where are you watching this coaches cam from pozz?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
----------

Also, just to finish this up. Kaepernick missed a wide open Kyle again with under 2 minutes to go in the 4th in garbage time that would've gone for at least 18 (LOS spot to where Kyle was). Had Kaepernick not thrown with so much heat and hit Kyle in stride, there was 2 yards of separation from two other defenders who were over the top on Kyle. The play would've gone for at least 20+ with a pass in stride and probably more.

With all of that said, Kaep and Kyle left AT LEAST 60 MORE yards of offense (without YAC) on the field by not connecting. That 60 could've been much more with some nice YAC opportunities if the ball is completed. It's not THAT far-fetched to say that Kyle could've been around 100 in this past game and I dare anybody to challenge me and tell me otherwise.