• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Colorado at Nebraska — 2:30 CST on ABC

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling that pass that was intercepted, in that situation was mind boggling. And something most fans would have had a field day with a year ago. Although, it did not ultimately lead to points, it concerns me a little.
Frost addressed that in the presser and owned it, went on to give the defense credit for not letting that int turn into cu points

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seemed to blame the mistakes in the 4th on Riley. "When your trying to turn an average team into a great team".

Nah he couldn’t have been blaming that on Riley because Riley didn’t leave us with an average team.

Riley left us with a dumpster fire. Sounds to me like he was saying we have a lot of young new faces and we’re just average.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell rushed for 104 yards. I kind of expected him to be faster than he was though. I thought he had an "extra gear," but was caught from behind after breaking off a run that should have been a TD.

Ozigbo looked good, as did Washington. Nice stable of backs.

Same here. Washington is the back of the future when he puts on some weight and catches up to the rest on the playbook.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad to see the team keep playing after they got down by 14. That's the way it should be and also the way we all wished it was since 2001. Coaching has made a difference, but just a start.

Attitude reflects leadership

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday i only watched part of the game and followed through Twitter as i was traveling. watched it yesterday.

Pretty much from the point we got it back to 14-14 onward, i just kept saying "how did we lose this game?". as others have said, like night and day difference between this year and last year. I feel like if we had played week 1 that game would have been in the bag but you saw the mistakes that happen when its the first game of the year.

The D especially, just the speed they were playing with. They got beat at times, but just the way we actually had guys getting off blocks and making plays, such a huge improvement. some mediocre tackling at times and lots of missed opportunities between the INT that we should have had and that stupid penalty to help CU on that scoring drive. Give CU some credit though, they made plays, that game winning TD catch was covered and that guy made the play he needed to.

Offense - o-line is much improved. was great seeing some holes actually open up and guys running through them. WRs were solid, really helping out the QB on some throws but at other times missed some easy ones. that drop by Stanley, man, that crushed me when i saw it instead of just reading it. There was the one by Spielman on a long 3rd down too that would have been real helpful.

as some others have said, Scott said he'd keep the pedal to the metal so don't mind that coaching decision. The two short 4th down plays that got stuffed really bothered me. it looked to me to be the same play both times, both dives between Foster and Jaimes. I just think on both they needed a read option or something that at least gives the other team pause before attacking. on the 2nd it looked like AM would have had a 1 on 1 against a DB to get the 1st if he had kept. Also, maybe i missed it, but i didn't see any RPO plays, did you? maybe there were and AM chose to keep it each time but certainly looked like something that could have been exploited.

ST - ugh, just some boneheaded penalties. missed FG which might have been why Scott didn't try another. although CUs kicker missed 2, so not sure if there was some odd breeze going on or what.

Overall - i liked what i saw. gives me some hope we can still make it to 6 wins. I think our O is good enough to give teams some fits and our D is good enough to stop some teams. Mich St, Iowa, Northwestern all seem more winnable games then at the beginning of the season to me, especially if we see a big jump from week 1 to week 2. Still don't think we can take Wiscy or Ohio St, and Mich certainly looked better against an inferior opponent. Hopefully AM is alright.

I'm leaning towards them keeping their bye and making Akron or finding someone else to come back to Lincoln in December. I just think when it comes to the schedule that week off would do wonders for this team.

#GBR

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seemed to blame the mistakes in the 4th on Riley. "When your trying to turn an average team into a great team".
He's holding them accountable, unlike petting them on the head for retrospect

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday i only watched part of the game and followed through Twitter as i was traveling. watched it yesterday.

Pretty much from the point we got it back to 14-14 onward, i just kept saying "how did we lose this game?". as others have said, like night and day difference between this year and last year. I feel like if we had played week 1 that game would have been in the bag but you saw the mistakes that happen when its the first game of the year.

The D especially, just the speed they were playing with. They got beat at times, but just the way we actually had guys getting off blocks and making plays, such a huge improvement. some mediocre tackling at times and lots of missed opportunities between the INT that we should have had and that stupid penalty to help CU on that scoring drive. Give CU some credit though, they made plays, that game winning TD catch was covered and that guy made the play he needed to.

Offense - o-line is much improved. was great seeing some holes actually open up and guys running through them. WRs were solid, really helping out the QB on some throws but at other times missed some easy ones. that drop by Stanley, man, that crushed me when i saw it instead of just reading it. There was the one by Spielman on a long 3rd down too that would have been real helpful.

as some others have said, Scott said he'd keep the pedal to the metal so don't mind that coaching decision. The two short 4th down plays that got stuffed really bothered me. it looked to me to be the same play both times, both dives between Foster and Jaimes. I just think on both they needed a read option or something that at least gives the other team pause before attacking. on the 2nd it looked like AM would have had a 1 on 1 against a DB to get the 1st if he had kept. Also, maybe i missed it, but i didn't see any RPO plays, did you? maybe there were and AM chose to keep it each time but certainly looked like something that could have been exploited.

ST - ugh, just some boneheaded penalties. missed FG which might have been why Scott didn't try another. although CUs kicker missed 2, so not sure if there was some odd breeze going on or what.

Overall - i liked what i saw. gives me some hope we can still make it to 6 wins. I think our O is good enough to give teams some fits and our D is good enough to stop some teams. Mich St, Iowa, Northwestern all seem more winnable games then at the beginning of the season to me, especially if we see a big jump from week 1 to week 2. Still don't think we can take Wiscy or Ohio St, and Mich certainly looked better against an inferior opponent. Hopefully AM is alright.

I'm leaning towards them keeping their bye and making Akron or finding someone else to come back to Lincoln in December. I just think when it comes to the schedule that week off would do wonders for this team.

#GBR
last year after the first game, the game we won, I thought "oh man we're fucked"
Saturday after a game we lost I thought "wow this is getting good"

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally recovering from the weekend. And recall seeing Mo Barry involved in what seemed like almost every play defensively. That guy had a heck of a game.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry and Gifford had like 11 or 12 tackles EA, Young wasn't far off with 9 or so. Quite a change from the years prior when our Safeties having to come up and try to make a play because our LB's are getting chipped by the opponents OL
Our LB's haven't had those kind of #'s since Lavonte

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furgeson was all over the field too, 10 tackles for him as well. when your 4 LBs have 12, 11, 10, 9 tackles (per ESPN stats) that's a pretty good sign.

Bootle on that one tackle, where he blew up the WR and that pretty much caused the tackle was awesome. love to see that physicality. had some tough luck on pass plays, I believe he was the one that missed the INT and had the game winning TD caught over him.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching this game finally. Our LB’s played with hair on fire. The entire D’s pursuit to the ball, the physicality, if they improve week to week, gonna be a fun year.