• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Playoffs Score in a Big Way

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I assume that the BCS would have gone with Bama and Oregon in the NC Game?

Wouldn't that have just pissed off anybody that supported FSU. I for one believed that FSU, the returning NC, with no loses on the season should be in the NC. How wrong is that?

Now the playoffs let me know FSU wasn't even a fourth place team. And Bama isn't a second place team...unless the SEC thinks Bama is on par with the Ducks. Don't think so team SEC.

And four teams isn't enough. I'm really interested in seeing how TCU would have panned out. Same with AZ State...the only team to derail Oregon.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't that have just pissed off anybody that supported FSU. I for one believed that FSU, the returning NC, with no loses on the season should be in the NC. How wrong is that?

Now the playoffs let me know FSU wasn't even a fourth place team. And Bama isn't a second place team...unless the SEC thinks Bama is on par with the Ducks. Don't think so team SEC.

And four teams isn't enough. I'm really interested in seeing how TCU would have panned out. Same with AZ State...the only team to derail Oregon.

to include Arizona would require a 10+ playoff, no one really wants that

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the BCSwould have went Bama vs FSU.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the BCSwould have went Bama vs FSU.

Man.....I almost went there as well. Those were my picks to be in the NC. There is definitely a potential for that to have happened. And what a crime that would have been.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to include Arizona would require a 10+ playoff, no one really wants that

Yeah...I forgot that part. I wouldn't want to go more than 8 teams.

That really does point a finger at the validity of the polls in general. They make an assumption of conference strength, favoring one over another.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The BCS would have surely been FSU #1 and Alabama #2 and it is exactly why we needed a playoff.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need an eight-team playoff.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see how you could say FSU didn't belong but Alabama only lost by one score.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see how you could say FSU didn't belong but Alabama only lost by one score.

OP did write that Bama isn't a second-place team, so don't think he asserted Bama didn't belong at all.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate to see what Oregon would do to that Alabama secondary.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP did write that Bama isn't a second-place team, so don't think he asserted Bama didn't belong at all.

Sorry, you're right. I misread the OP.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, you're right. I misread the OP.

Yeah...I wasn't suggesting Bama shouldn't be a part of the 4 team playoff and I see you understand that now.

But I was suggesting the polls are skewed as illustrated by Bama being ranked one.

And others believe FSU and Bama would have been placed in the championship game by the BCS which really is screwed up.

I'm glad we finally got here. Tickets sales be damned.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was brainwashed by years of BCS: picked Bama and FSU.

Fuck yes, this new system is a big step in right direction.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 Team Playoff, 5 conference champs (Big 12 has to make a choice) and 3 at large teams make the most sense, but CFB rarely does anything that makes sense, so....

Agree with the OP it would have been Bama vs FSU and the SEC Dynasty would most likely live on for one more year.