• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick vs Alex Smith

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how you feeling about the Falcons game?

Im actually feeling good man. Seattle is a bad matchup for us really but I think that if this team doesnt come out and just play with a HUGE ass chip on their shoulder and win this one then they may never win a playoff game. Last time Atlanta needed to "prove" something to people they beat the Giants 34-0. I think this team has grown up. I honestly think we roll the Hawks tomorrow. Big time.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the falcons fan is quoting, but Kap was 32 of 61 attempts on 3rd down with an average distance of 7.7. (vs. 7.9 for Smith)

As for the running game it actually is running about the same - it is important to remember our running game had two huge outliers in the first half of the season.

The lack of smoothness you are witnessing is Kaps ability to extend plays, IMO. Russell Wilson and the Seahawks offense looks disheveled at times as well when he is scrambling.

The audible issues needs to be corrected - no doubt.

Dude that is false as hell. Recheck your stats.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so B doesnt come back with some non-sensical shit the Niners were:

1-11 on 3rd downs with Kaep vs St Louis ( only counts the part of the game he played in)
4-12 vs Chicago
6-13 vs New Orleans
8-19 vs St Louis
2-10 vs Miami
5-15 vs New England
3-11 vs Seattle
4-14 vs Arizona

33-105 on 3rd downs

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1-11 on 3rd downs with Kaep vs St Louis ( only counts the part of the game he played in)
4-12 vs Chicago
6-13 vs New Orleans
8-19 vs St Louis
2-10 vs Miami
5-15 vs New England
3-11 vs Seattle
4-14 vs Arizona

33-105 on 3rd downs

Some don't count the Rams game because he wasn't starting and the last one or two third downs were with Smith - the short pass and the kneel down at the end of the Arizona game. So, at best, this would be 32-92. I don't know where the 32 for 61 came from, that must be passing third downs (in which Smith's numbers should be changed also)?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some don't count the Rams game because he wasn't starting and the last one or two third downs were with Smith - the short pass and the kneel down at the end of the Arizona game. So, at best, this would be 32-92. I don't know where the 32 for 61 came from, that must be passing third downs (in which Smith's numbers should be changed also)?

That could be. Of course that wasnt what we were taking about but that has never stopped him before :) LOL

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Irvin just made a great point. He said everyone is building Alex Smith up as he is walking to the sidelines. Suddenly he was a QB who was going to win a Superbowl when he got demoted. When he was in, nobody thought that of him. The reason Harbaugh is going with Kaep is because Smith is at his ceiling. And Kaep, who is at his floor, is doing slightly better.

I thought this was a great point

Except that the stats don't back up the "slightly better" claim.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that the stats don't back up the "slightly better" claim.

Also why do peope assume CK is at his floor?? Just because hes a new starter?? The history of the NFL is full of guys who came in, plyed well right away, got HUGE contracts or starting jobs and then stunk the joint up big time. Just because a guy is a new starter doesnt mean he is going to get better see Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassill as the most recent examples ( although there are WAYYY more than that over time)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess that is the end of this debate. Not a perfect game by any means for CK in the passing game, but it should be pretty obvious to anyone why the 49ers went with Kaep.

A handful of bad throws, but also a good share of great passes that either went for TDs or were crucial in setting up a scoring drive. The running threat, whew, record setter.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Alex would have rushed for 200 yards, and wouldn't have thrown that incompletion that one play. Sure Kap's performance was historic, but Smith's would have been even more historic.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

Someone should :lock1:

Except it will be fun to bump this thread over the years.

Archive it. Bumping it, say next year or two years from now, would seem a bit of a jab/mock at Smith, who has been classy about this whole thing. (Not saying this for his sake, because he doesn't read this.) Just celebrate the Kaep with new better threads. You know?

It's funny that the person who had the most to say to defend Smith wasn't a Niners fan (or Smith fan per se) and one of the biggest Smith fans (me) didn't have the football concerns that he did. I never challenged the football part of it. I never challenged the non-football part, but it was a bit of a sad part for me.

I was over the non-football part once I got to know Kaep more (hard worker from high school on, adopted (loyalty to his adoptive parents), comments about Smith helping him, pet turtle, etc.), before the St. Louis game. What made me feel even more at peace over non-football part of it was the standing ovation last pass by Smith. That was something I wasn't sure if Harbaugh would do. I could see him keeping Kaep in just for reps. Alex looked so happy, he looked like this was still his team, not a dejected guy on the sidelines. So that was good.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahah to the people that said alex smith should start, haha

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hahah to the people that said alex smith should start, haha

I was calling for Kaep to start in the offseason. The people who said Alex should have gotten his job back when he came back from the injury simply don't understand football. It's really that simple.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that is false. Smith was 37-93 on 3rd downs this year. Kaep is 33-105.

1-11 vs St. Louis
4-12 vs Chicago
6-13 vs New Orleans
8-19 vs St Louis
2-10 vs Miami
5-15 vs New England
3-11 vs Seattle
4-14 vs Arizona

33-105 on 3rd downs

LOL! I see you snuck in here to demonstrate the fine art of talking out of both sides of your mouth and your ass at the same time - Looks like the only one talking nonsensical shit here is you - again.

Listen rsilly, there is no sense in continuing this ridiculous discussion - You haven't made one single intelligent comment throughout this entire thread.

Perhaps the next time you think about coming onto the board of another team and arguing with them about THEIR team you will think better of it - or not.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was calling for Kaep to start in the offseason. The people who said Alex should have gotten his job back when he came back from the injury simply don't understand football. It's really that simple.

he wasnted ready. even after training camp he wasn't ready. it's obvious kap has worked hard to improve this quickly. especially from where he was before the season started.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
he wasnted ready. even after training camp he wasn't ready. it's obvious kap has worked hard to improve this quickly. especially from where he was before the season started.

I wouldn't have designated him as "ready," but I was convinced long before this season started that Alex would ALWAYS be what's holding the team back, and I saw Kaep as someone who would at least give the team a chance.

So it was more of a slight on Alex than an endorsement of Kaep.

P.S. More foaming at the mouth a few posts up. You people should really just stop trying.