• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They really need to send all those white people in Springfield back to wherever they came from

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this just goes to show how awful both parties are. Trump should be an easy candidate to beat… but here we are in a dead tie pretty much. It’s scary and laughable.

I agree with this part. The fact that it's even close shows how broken the Republican base has become—something I believe was intentionally done by the GOP. MAGA has taken over and destroyed any decency the party once had.

For me, it's a no-brainer to vote for Harris over the chaos on the other side. America needs to be fixed, and Trump won't do that. He will sell it out and destroy it for his own gain.

To paraphrase someone else's quote: "Maybe it's crazy to think that America still respects honor, freedom, and human dignity. When someone like Trump can insult some of the best people who have served the country—soldiers, politicians, judges, and senators—all for the sake of his own ambition..."

You can't say that both are awful in this sense. I completely disagree with that part.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we consider sweeping the pinecones before they started flying around on fire?

I'm no fan of Justin Trudeau, but the UCP's hands are all over this...

Alberta had one of the BEST wildfire programs in the world until 2019.

Despite MULTIPLE warnings, UCP cut MILLIONS from firefighting programs. We’re now seeing the consequences

MAJOR UCP wildfire cuts:

1. The UCP Eliminated the 63-man Aerial Rapattack Team
  2. The UCP killed 30 of Alberta’s 127 Wildfire Lookout Towers
  3. The UCP cut the Air Tanker Program by 13%
  4. The UCP cut rural firefighter training in 2020.
  5. The UCP made cuts to the Alberta Wildfire Branch in 2021 eliminating Wildfire Rangers & Info Officers
  6. The UCP made 10% more cuts in 2022! This impacted wildfire personnel, resulting in later contractual start dates and earlier end dates
Alberta became short staffed in key roles

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Despite MULTIPLE warnings, UCP cut MILLIONS from firefighting programs. We’re now seeing the consequences

MAJOR UCP wildfire cuts:

5. The UCP made cuts to the Alberta Wildfire Branch in 2021 eliminating Wildfire Rangers & Info Officers
  6. The UCP made 10% more cuts in 2022! This impacted wildfire personnel, resulting in later contractual start dates and earlier end dates
I didn't watch the entire comment but he really could not have meant that it was the fault of pinecones by themselves... but they would contribute to fires spreading ... everyone just wants to jump on a statement and ride it (e.g. Vance on the met with school shooters mis-quote)

anyway it could have been Gandalfs fault

tumblr_mj244j1FG31qdfs7xo3_250.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MAJOR UCP wildfire cuts:

And while the pine cone explanation is stupid, it was a crown fire (like all the big ones get to be in boreal forest), meaning that the fire absolutely travels from treetop to treetop. Chunks of wood or burning debris (probably not pine cones) DO get caught in updrafts and can precede a large crown fire by fairly large distances.

Seems to me like PMJT got some broad strokes from someone who knew what they were talking about, yeah yeah yeah'ed the details, and came in the HoC with a seriously dumbed-down version of what likely happened.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hpsq0sln3jsd1.png

Like when James Comey did that email bullshit 30 days before the election in 2016, right?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hpsq0sln3jsd1.png

Like when James Comey did that email bullshit 30 days before the election in 2016, right?

Christ every time I see one of these all caps rants by this petulant crybaby I am compelled to post the same thing over and over again, this world will be much better off when he’s dead and gone

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This specifically shows nothing about how awful the Democrats are, or are not. Kamala Harris is an eminently qualified candidate. Attorney. District Attorney. AG of California. VPOTUS. She has qualifications and a track record of public service with nothing that can be objectively pointed to as a huge failure, nor does she have a record of things that should disqualify her from the position (eg. criminal convictions, sexual assault litigation, bankruptcies, etc.).

No. The tightness of this race doesn't show the awfulness of the Democratic Party (far from perfect though they may be). The fact that this race is even in question reflects the shittiness of a huge portion of the electorate who refuse to change their minds, grow up, or move out of the 1940s. #MAGA
We can agree to disagree. She doesn’t have concrete positions. She has done some pretty shitty things as AG of CA. She is complicit (prob wrong word) in trying to force Biden through not even three months ago before he dropped out. Our bar is pretty low.

To be clear, my issue is more with the Democratic Party and DNC, but I’m not fan of Biden or Kamala. Being less shitty than Trump just isn’t good enough for me.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This specifically shows nothing about how awful the Democrats are, or are not. Kamala Harris is an eminently qualified candidate. Attorney. District Attorney. AG of California. VPOTUS. She has qualifications and a track record of public service with nothing that can be objectively pointed to as a huge failure, nor does she have a record of things that should disqualify her from the position (eg. criminal convictions, sexual assault litigation, bankruptcies, etc.).

No. The tightness of this race doesn't show the awfulness of the Democratic Party (far from perfect though they may be). The fact that this race is even in question reflects the shittiness of a huge portion of the electorate who refuse to change their minds, grow up, or move out of the 1940s. #MAGA
This. It is the same thing as seeing all these idiots right now going to horde toilet paper at the stores. These fools don't realize all TP in the US is produced in the US and NONE of it goes through the ports where the Long shore men are on strike. A little bit of commonsense and research goes a long way but instead folks would rather want an "easy way out". Hence why folks cling to religions, get rich quick schemes and BS TIK TOK weight loss advice.

Seriously, I saw someone who had to be in their 80's last night purchasing 3 mega packs of Charmin TP (this is about $100's worth of TP!) Sadly they will probably be dead before this gets used and wasted all that money.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can agree to disagree. She doesn’t have concrete positions. She has done some pretty shitty things as AG of CA. She is complicit (prob wrong word) in trying to force Biden through not even three months ago before he dropped out. Our bar is pretty low.

To be clear, my issue is more with the Democratic Party and DNC, but I’m not fan of Biden or Kamala. Being less shitty than Trump just isn’t good enough for me.
This isn’t about her being less shitty than Trump. Trump is a horrific human being and more of a showman than a politician. He's a convicted felon, a liar, and a sellout to some of the worst people in the world. He wants to be like Putin—a dictator who would strip away your right to vote if something like Project 2025 becomes a reality. He aims to take away the rights of women and minorities. While Kamala may have her flaws, Trump has done far worse. I'm not here to tell you how to vote, but it’s disappointing not to see more effort to keep him out of office. Politicians will NEVER be perfect or clean, but she is a cleaner option for your country than Trump ever will be. I believe she deserves the chance to prove that.

Last edited:

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,837.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what is happening because of MAGA - a Dr. - you would think someone who has some common sense.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what happens when you don’t rake your forests? The pine cones get out of hand.

It’s a two step process. First you gotta get people to climb to the canopy and shake these pine cones down and then you gotta rake them up. Then you profit by all those funds you cut from the firefighting/prevention budget being allocated/funneled/laundered somewhere else. Todays generation has no business sense anymore.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Her positions have been stated clearly, granted I don't agree with them all but still aligns more with my view points.

And if she changed vs prior, honestly that is a positive thing. It seems like it is a double standard where she changes view points but there are no qualms when the likes of Trump/Vance change.

And what is expected to get a vote? A vote for any other candidate outside the D or R at the Presidential level, or no vote at all, really won't improve the country. The only way to make a different view point powerful is starting at the lower levels and at the top level vote for the party that aligns more with your view points.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morons: You know what doesn't get stuck on the docks during a strike? American made goods! hurr durr

Same Morons: Let's go panic buy all the toilet paper even though literally all of it is made here and none of it goes through the ports.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what is happening because of MAGA - a Dr. - you would think someone who has some common sense.

cbc kids ok GIF by CBC

Seriously this is very sad. Mental illness and being brainwashed into believing the lies that the folks that propagate them will never be held accountable for.

Last edited:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her positions have been stated clearly, granted I don't agree with them all but still aligns more with my view points.

And if she changed vs prior, honestly that is a positive thing. It seems like it is a double standard where she changes view points but there are no qualms when the likes of Trump/Vance change.

And what is expected to get a vote? A vote for any other candidate outside the D or R at the Presidential level, or no vote at all, really won't improve the country. The only way to make a different view point powerful is starting at the lower levels and at the top level vote for the party that aligns more with your view points.
I don't get this argument at all. She has been exceptionally clear from day one what she's about and how she wants to get there. Evolving your position is a positive in my eyes as well. But she is a woman and she has an insanely high bar to clear to gain the "trust" of some men. I've worked for women executives and it's the same thing. The double standard is astonishing. JD Vance literally was gaslighting people on national TV and not one person has questioned his stance on anything.

At the end of the day political parties are not your spouse. You shouldn't find one and stay married to it forever. It's more like public transport. You're probably not going to find transport that picks you up at your door and takes you non-stop exactly where you want to be. You just get on the bus that takes you the closest to where you want to be, no matter whether you like the route or the other stops.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while the pine cone explanation is stupid, it was a crown fire (like all the big ones get to be in boreal forest), meaning that the fire absolutely travels from treetop to treetop. Chunks of wood or burning debris (probably not pine cones) DO get caught in updrafts and can precede a large crown fire by fairly large distances.

Seems to me like PMJT got some broad strokes from someone who knew what they were talking about, yeah yeah yeah'ed the details, and came in the HoC with a seriously dumbed-down version of what likely happened.
Yah I mean he probably heard and then used the words “pine cone” when he should have probably said embers or something. As you said they travel. In the west kelowna fire last summer embers jumped lake okanagan and set some roofs on fire in Rutland which was 24km away

It goes back to your response to sly. In this case her you have this hyperfocus on “pine cones” when we should probably focus on ideologies shitty cons have like below. These are not equally shitty lol