• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it means nothing I imagine... No one will face justice
Don't know about that. There's enough names there that someone is gonna be afraid of the jail time associated with it and flip. Bigger names probably won't see any time, but this eats the core of the Republican party because they let it happen. Hopefully it's the beginning of the end for them. And maybe they can hang a traitor or two and the rubes can go back into hiding. The political fallout will be far more lasting than the criminal fallout. Especially if it helps give the Democrats control of two branches and they can actually help improve people's lives without obstruction before the next election.

My big hope is that it may help push Congress to abolish the dinosaur that is Electoral College. If it is that easy to come close to subverting democracy - focusing on one place to ensure the EC win - then it's clearly not a good system. (Never mind that GWB already did it once in the state where his brother was Governor)

And if one of the names was Ginni Thomas, it might also help push Supreme Court reform.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about that. There's enough names there that someone is gonna be afraid of the jail time associated with it and flip.
At this point why would they? Trump's got at least a 50-50 chance of winning and this all goes away if he does and if they flip then that happens he can now drop an MOAB on their house if I'm interpreting the Supreme Court immunity judgment correctly.

And if he loses he's 100% cutting a deal anyway. He'll have no more fundraising money to fight prosecutions and then, yeah, people would flip.