• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Staff

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the coaches fully for this loss. How many penalties can the team have this season, especially in critical times? That is on the coaches. Does Goldson really have to get a personal foul every game? He gets one at least every divisional game. Penalties are a lack of discipline and that is fully on the coaches. I can't find statistics right now because I have to leave, but it seems like we have been getting penalized more than recent years.

Plays seem to be getting in really late. Seems like the clock was down to 8 every time the broke the huddle. Can't have that, especially in a hostile/loud place.

The playcalling..... holy shit is it getting bad. The pitch... yes it was bad, but why even call that play? In that situation it was totally not worth the risk and Harbaugh needs a slap in the face for allowing it to happen. Also, I am sick and tired of drives ending because of the coaches deciding, "we are far enough" and kicking a long FG. Akers has missed a bunch, but lets help the dude out and stop making him kick 50+ yarders. And in OT why roll him out to the short side of the field and force him to throw against his body? The slant was working the entire day. I would rather see another one of those.

Something else... they allow CK to throw from the endzone not once, but twice today. (still wasn't a safety) Yet when they get close to scoring a TD, suddenly they need to hand the ball off and settle for 3. There were a few other drives today (and throughout the year) where they just give up on the drive. I don't get that. I understand and accept that CK is going to have struggles and games like this (credit to the Rams for flat out wanting it more) but the coaches weren't helping the cause today.

Stop trying to get cute and outcoach yourselves and just play fucking football.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the coaches fully for this loss. How many penalties can the team have this season, especially in critical times? That is on the coaches. Does Goldson really have to get a personal foul every game? He gets one at least every divisional game. Penalties are a lack of discipline and that is fully on the coaches. I can't find statistics right now because I have to leave, but it seems like we have been getting penalized more than recent years.

Plays seem to be getting in really late. Seems like the clock was down to 8 every time the broke the huddle. Can't have that, especially in a hostile/loud place.

The playcalling..... holy shit is it getting bad. The pitch... yes it was bad, but why even call that play? In that situation it was totally not worth the risk and Harbaugh needs a slap in the face for allowing it to happen. Also, I am sick and tired of drives ending because of the coaches deciding, "we are far enough" and kicking a long FG. Akers has missed a bunch, but lets help the dude out and stop making him kick 50+ yarders. And in OT why roll him out to the short side of the field and force him to throw against his body? The slant was working the entire day. I would rather see another one of those.

Something else... they allow CK to throw from the endzone not once, but twice today. (still wasn't a safety) Yet when they get close to scoring a TD, suddenly they need to hand the ball off and settle for 3. There were a few other drives today (and throughout the year) where they just give up on the drive. I don't get that. I understand and accept that CK is going to have struggles and games like this (credit to the Rams for flat out wanting it more) but the coaches weren't helping the cause today.

The last drive in OT was what really got me. It seemed like they were trying to run the clock out in OT and hold out for the field goal. They should have pushed the ball down field instead of trusting a struggling/hurt Akers with a 50+ yard field goal

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively, Vic and company were on and had a great scheme.

Offensively, Harbaugh/Roman were horrible. I really hate that conservative garbage, playing not to lose is the worst freakin philosophy in the NFL and I can't believe it is so popular... especially among 49ers coaches. Nolan and Singletary annoyed me with that style and Harbaugh gave me flashbacks of that garbage today. Totally unacceptable on their part. Run after run after run in OT was driving me crazy.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Well said and agree with the points. Hit the nail on head.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The last drive in OT was what really got me. It seemed like they were trying to run the clock out in OT and hold out for the field goal. They should have pushed the ball down field instead of trusting a struggling/hurt Akers with a 50+ yard field goal

Yeah, that play calling was driving me nuts. I was getting close to breaking some shit out of frustrating and the stupidity of the coach staff. I wasnt even excited or nervous when Akers was going out there for the FG because I knew what the result was going to be. Just a terrible situation and setting the team up for failure.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marriuci, Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary were all run out of town due to conservative play calling. 49er fans and upper management cannot stand that crap.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The team had two penalties today. I do agree that the playcalling wasn't good though.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marriuci, Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary were all run out of town due to conservative play calling. 49er fans and upper management cannot stand that crap.

Yep. And really, the most inexcusable thing about this is that the last two games against the Rams... Harbaugh has treated OT as if it wasn't sudden death, he treated it more like a 3rd qtr being up by 2 TDs.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively, Vic and company were on and had a great scheme.

Offensively, Harbaugh/Roman were horrible. I really hate that conservative garbage, playing not to lose is the worst freakin philosophy in the NFL and I can't believe it is so popular... especially among 49ers coaches. Nolan and Singletary annoyed me with that style and Harbaugh gave me flashbacks of that garbage today. Totally unacceptable on their part. Run after run after run in OT was driving me crazy.

That 3rd and 19 they left Kaepernick with in the 4th qtr left me even crazier.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 3rd and 19 they left Kaepernick with in the 4th qtr left me even crazier.

No kidding, I had forgotten about that... I couldn't believe that either. They really did put CK into a lot of horrible positions this game, like you said at the time.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another gripe of mine for the OT playcalling... after Gore came up gimpy and had to leave the field, they tried to lean on him even more. What the fuck was that? Who the hell leans on an injured player? That should have been the time when they said well shit, time to lean on CK and the passing game and use Jacobs to keep the defense honest.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody seem Vernon Davis lately?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another gripe of mine for the OT playcalling... after Gore came up gimpy and had to leave the field, they tried to lean on him even more. What the fuck was that? Who the hell leans on an injured player? That should have been the time when they said well shit, time to lean on CK and the passing game and use Jacobs to keep the defense honest.

Agreed, and without Hunter we have no speed in the backfield now. Until James is ready to play, I think losing Hunter will hurt more than anticipated.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and without Hunter we have no speed in the backfield now. Until James is ready to play, I think losing Hunter will hurt more than anticipated.

Yeah, the team could have used him and some of those outside tosses and sweeps that he is so good at today.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game today and I kept saying what is with this shitty play calling. We were so conservative and it was beyond frustrating to watch

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. It really pisses me off that we aren't using him. I just don't understand it.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sometimes there's absolutely no flow to the offense. its like they're picking plays out of a hat sometimes.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sometimes there's absolutely no flow to the offense. its like they're picking plays out of a hat sometimes.

That's a really good analogy actually. I have never seen a team move the ball up and down the field at certain points and completely unable to move the ball at all like the Niners have the last 2 years.