• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Staff

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. It seemed like the coaching staff was distracted by the whole QB controversy issue, and the game-plan was sub-par from the beginning. They knew from the onset that they were out game-planned, and I think they went into a shell trying to eek out a win after we went up 7-0. I didn't see any adjustments at the half.

it also seems like they try to catch other teams with their pants down. unless its sing, this might work once or twice but the rams and giants are showing that once they see all our pretty motions and stuff, they aren't really fooled anymore.

i look at what houston does to get andre johnson the ball. why can't we do similar things with vernon?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it also seems like they try to catch other teams with their pants down. unless its sing, this might work once or twice but the rams and giants are showing that once they see all our pretty motions and stuff, they aren't really fooled anymore.

i look at what houston does to get andre johnson the ball. why can't we do similar things with vernon?

I think we can all overgeneralize about this loss --- the bottom line is that there were enough mistakes made by a number of people -- take one or two of them away and its a win. I think they right the ship next week, then its on to New England to see what Bill Bellichek has planned.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about this game was how when we were in OT they were all conservative, just running the ball and then in the first half, given Kaep's arm, we went for it towo or three times (once on 4th and 19), including when they had to come back on the field to do the last play of the half. With Smith, they just run the clock off and I know they stressed to Kaep not to force anything, but they were aggressive, take the chance at the end of the half, but not in OT.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of seeing designed Kap run plays. I think he's fine running when coverage or protection dictates it. I have had enough of the QB draws and read options getting stoned. Please stop that gimmicky shit and let the kid throw the damn ball.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of seeing designed Kap run plays. I think he's fine running when coverage or protection dictates it. I have had enough of the QB draws and read options getting stoned. Please stop that gimmicky shit and let the kid throw the damn ball.

:canada:

besides, the less QB designed plays there are, the less likely Kaep is going to take the hits...

got to protect our QB.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor offensive coaching, Walker's drop, Kaep's failure to stay in bounds late in the 4th, Kaep's safety and bad pitch, and Aker's miss cost the 49ers this game.

Seems the 49ers have been out-coached in 4 games this year and all have resulted in a loss or tie.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor offensive coaching, Walker's drop, Kaep's failure to stay in bounds late in the 4th, Kaep's safety and bad pitch, and Aker's miss cost the 49ers this game.

Seems the 49ers have been out-coached in 4 games this year and all have resulted in a loss or tie.

In all fairness he did what he had to to avoid that and the refs blew the call. But yeah, everything else is about right.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness he did what he had to to avoid that and the refs blew the call. But yeah, everything else is about right.

Yes, but the end result is a safety that he was responsible for. Didn't agree with the call though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is inexcusable. How can Dallas and N.E. conisistently get their TEs open and we can't? It seems like they just forget what they are doing at times and its not a priority.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was huge! But few people recognize it. He stays in bounds there and they win the game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I blame the coaches fully for this loss. How many penalties can the team have this season, especially in critical times? That is on the coaches. Does Goldson really have to get a personal foul every game? He gets one at least every divisional game. Penalties are a lack of discipline and that is fully on the coaches. I can't find statistics right now because I have to leave, but it seems like we have been getting penalized more than recent years.

Plays seem to be getting in really late. Seems like the clock was down to 8 every time the broke the huddle. Can't have that, especially in a hostile/loud place.

The playcalling..... holy shit is it getting bad. The pitch... yes it was bad, but why even call that play? In that situation it was totally not worth the risk and Harbaugh needs a slap in the face for allowing it to happen. Also, I am sick and tired of drives ending because of the coaches deciding, "we are far enough" and kicking a long FG. Akers has missed a bunch, but lets help the dude out and stop making him kick 50+ yarders. And in OT why roll him out to the short side of the field and force him to throw against his body? The slant was working the entire day. I would rather see another one of those.

Something else... they allow CK to throw from the endzone not once, but twice today. (still wasn't a safety) Yet when they get close to scoring a TD, suddenly they need to hand the ball off and settle for 3. There were a few other drives today (and throughout the year) where they just give up on the drive. I don't get that. I understand and accept that CK is going to have struggles and games like this (credit to the Rams for flat out wanting it more) but the coaches weren't helping the cause today.

Stop trying to get cute and outcoach yourselves and just play fucking football.

the coaching did play a part in the lost, no doubt. but if you really want this, then thats asking to start Alex Smith again?

one or two of those calls can be argued, but overall, you try to expand the offense.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this article and the quotes from Kaep and others saying that the Rams were in the right defense to stop what we were trying to do suggests that Harbaugh and Roman have been running the same plays essentially as they did for Smith but people were preparing as if Kaep was going to play like Smith. I don't think they correctly respected Kaep's abilities. In the Bears and Saints games they were leaving the bigger, deeper plays open for Kaep and Kaep, with his ability and willingness to take the risk, was capitalizing on it. It was surprising because it seems with the Bears defense being ballhawks, that they already emphasize deeper plays, but a big part of their defense was stripping the ball, versus INTs. The Saints don't have that great of a defense and we didn't have as many big plays, but it didn't seem it was due to them respecting Kaep all that much. The Rams, however, saw what Kaep could do and treated Kaep like Kaep (instead of Smith) and took away the deeper, bigger options. That's just my feel for it, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not saying they figured out Kaep - far from it - I just mean they adjusted and accounted for Kaep's strengths, which is the first chess response we've seen. This is one reason why the Rams played well against us. I blame our coaching staff primarily, but I give credit to the Rams and hope that our coaches can fully adjust to teams who now are respecting the deep plays. This is not to say they covered all of them or that Kaep didn't miss any, but it seems the opponent's approach was different.

Last edited by a moderator: