• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Staff

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a really good analogy actually. I have never seen a team move the ball up and down the field at certain points and completely unable to move the ball at all like the Niners have the last 2 years.

its almost like we have too many tools in the toolbox and we try to use them all. harbaugh needs to narrow it down and attack the weaknesses that the d has.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and without Hunter we have no speed in the backfield now. Until James is ready to play, I think losing Hunter will hurt more than anticipated.

Why isn't James ready to play? It seems he really could have helped running the read option with Kaep, something to keep them off balance.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the coaches fully for this loss. How many penalties can the team have this season, especially in critical times? That is on the coaches. Does Goldson really have to get a personal foul every game? He gets one at least every divisional game. Penalties are a lack of discipline and that is fully on the coaches. I can't find statistics right now because I have to leave, but it seems like we have been getting penalized more than recent years.

Well, maybe not fully. They didn't drop the game-winning ball in the end zone; Walker did that. They can take some balame, but not all, for kaepernick's huge gaffe on the pitch play.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively, Vic and company were on and had a great scheme.

Offensively, Harbaugh/Roman were horrible. I really hate that conservative garbage, playing not to lose is the worst freakin philosophy in the NFL and I can't believe it is so popular... especially among 49ers coaches. Nolan and Singletary annoyed me with that style and Harbaugh gave me flashbacks of that garbage today. Totally unacceptable on their part. Run after run after run in OT was driving me crazy.

It worked last year but just barely. We are feeling the other side of it this year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 3rd and 19 they left Kaepernick with in the 4th qtr left me even crazier.

How 'bout the roll to the left and throw the ball away just before Akers missed the field goal? WTF was that?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the first things i said after the stl kicker won it... i blame this loss on the coaches...

honestly, such horrific playcalling on the offense. The defense allowed one FG in OT(count the 2 pt conv if you like).....

I want Harbaugh to come out and own that loss. Outside of Kaep's 50 yard run which honestly came out of a blown assignment by the STL D IMO, that's his real one highlight.

Just so fucking annoying when you, as a fan, is trying to build your team up as a SB contender and you deal with this sh*t... we won't see the rams in the playoffs so how could we let this happen????

This week of practice needs to be a reality check... unacceptable.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, maybe not fully. They didn't drop the game-winning ball in the end zone; Walker did that. They can take some balame, but not all, for kaepernick's huge gaffe on the pitch play.

to me, it's not right to limit your options/chances for victory. By having such a small volume of GW opportunities really puts pressure and blame, in this case on Walker.

Why are we so mad with Walker, well he dropped it obviously but we couldn't be made elsewhere... there were no other plays/chances for to win.

Not counting FGs, where else were the opportunities to score 7? none. It was Walkers one and only after the Gore TD.

Akers.... Idk what to say, I doubt this will change Harbs' decision to be aggressive in the offense, I mean ISNT THIS PART OF THE REASON WHY WE'RE ROLLING WITH KAEP OVER ALEX? take shots and extend drives?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me, it's not right to limit your options/chances for victory. By having such a small volume of GW opportunities really puts pressure and blame, in this case on Walker.Why are we so mad with Walker, well he dropped it obviously but we couldn't be made elsewhere... there were no other plays/chances for to win.

Not counting FGs, where else were the opportunities to score 7? none. It was Walkers one and only after the Gore TD.

Akers.... Idk what to say, I doubt this will change Harbs' decision to be aggressive in the offense, I mean ISNT THIS PART OF THE REASON WHY WE'RE ROLLING WITH KAEP OVER ALEX? take shots and extend drives?

I agree 100%.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the first things i said after the stl kicker won it... i blame this loss on the coaches...

honestly, such horrific playcalling on the offense. The defense allowed one FG in OT(count the 2 pt conv if you like).....

I want Harbaugh to come out and own that loss. Outside of Kaep's 50 yard run which honestly came out of a blown assignment by the STL D IMO, that's his real one highlight.

Just so fucking annoying when you, as a fan, is trying to build your team up as a SB contender and you deal with this sh*t... we won't see the rams in the playoffs so how could we let this happen????

I wish harbaugh would own up to it too. Seems he never does

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish harbaugh would own up to it too. Seems he never does

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the two give up drives when we ran on 2nd and 20 and played for FGs. I love how we didn't keep throwing at Jenkins relentlessly. Can James and Jenkins contribute or are they that awful?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the two give up drives when we ran on 2nd and 20 and played for FGs. I love how we didn't keep throwing at Jenkins relentlessly. Can James and Jenkins contribute or are they that awful?

will we ever find out? I mean.... their "assumed talents" are quite beneficial for most offenses.... what gives?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I really don't understand this at all. It seems like maybe the speed of these two could have helped.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I really don't understand this at all. It seems like maybe the speed of these two could have helped.

truth be told, I sincerly thought we would have Jenkins for a deep threat with Kaep's arm but NADA... :kev:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me, it's not right to limit your options/chances for victory. By having such a small volume of GW opportunities really puts pressure and blame, in this case on Walker.

Why are we so mad with Walker, well he dropped it obviously but we couldn't be made elsewhere... there were no other plays/chances for to win.

Posted this in the other thread, but it fits here perhaps better.

Alex's weaknesses contributed to this and Alex bought into it to the extreme, but I think this shows coaching tendencies as well. Smith takes what they preach to heart and the three things they stressed were limiting turnovers, getting some points on the board (Dallas loss last year we refused a first down to keep our FG) and taking what the defense gives you. This plus Alex's limitations led to taking sacks, settling for field goals, and short passes. I had assumed that this was just the coaches managing Alex, but this makes it seem likes it more the coaching staff. However, I assume we're doing it this way with Kaep because of inexperience and will open up later when he's more polished.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this was just one of those games, it seems no matter what angle I look at it people were screwing up, coaches, players, etc., inexcusable to play like that for everyone, but the more I think about it the more I think it's a loss of the offense and coaching (seems like the D played pretty well, although they did allow the drive in OT).

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

harbaugh is gonna be conservative no matter what. something i've been bringing up since last season.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its almost like we have too many tools in the toolbox and we try to use them all. harbaugh needs to narrow it down and attack the weaknesses that the d has.

I tend to agree. It seemed like the coaching staff was distracted by the whole QB controversy issue, and the game-plan was sub-par from the beginning. They knew from the onset that they were out game-planned, and I think they went into a shell trying to eek out a win after we went up 7-0. I didn't see any adjustments at the half.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How 'bout the roll to the left and throw the ball away just before Akers missed the field goal? WTF was that?

Yeah, that one didn't make any sense either. There were numerous odd calls at the worst possible times.