• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching search update

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you mean you want him to be a media monkey and dance for the cameras. This team might not be the best fit for some of you drama queens anymore. They like to keep shit in house now like professionals.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
When a game is lost due to the QB's poor decision making, you take the blame (common logic) publicly. When you win on a great Pass for a TD, you acknowledge it's a team effort.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until Stafford admits that he NEEDS QB coaching in all facets, refinement, the issues at hand with him are a moot point. Hell, Tom Brady had his old mentor/QB coach as a sounding board until he died last year or late 2012. One of the premier QB's to ever play this game and still sought advice, via phone during the season after every game or in person in the off-season. That speaks volumes to Brady's non-diva character in that respect. He was still looking to get better.

What has Stafford done to get better. Stafford had an Ex-College QB (Mike Bobo) at Georgia as his position coach and OC. He was a gunslinger mentality then and is today

Some folks on Bears forums used to say the very same thing with Jay and his work ethic, in comes Trestman and everything changed. Don't sell Stafford short. The right HC/OC/Qbc can make in immediate difference.

Hope you get a coach you know and not one no one knows, will make the transition smoother from a fan perspective.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
_______________________________________________________________________________________
When a game is lost due to the QB's poor decision making, you take the blame (common logic) publicly. When you win on a great Pass for a TD, you acknowledge it's a team effort.

This has nothing to do with answering the media's set up question about needing a QB coach. You do realize if he says YES to that question he is throwing Schwartz and Linny under the bus, right??

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford answered that question about needing a QB mentor the same way Schwartz always did, the same way Linehan always did. It was a canned response to the same old media question.

No one knows what DID or DID NOT transpire with those 3 and probably never will. All I'm stating is that Stafford only need to look at film of his QB work when they were 6-5 and he should be smart enough having been in the league for 5 years to figure out what his flaws are.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one knows what DID or DID NOT transpire with those 3 and probably never will. All I'm stating is that Stafford only need to look at film of his QB work when they were 6-5 and he should be smart enough having been in the league for 5 years to figure out what his flaws are.

Well I don't need him to admit anything in front of the media. I thought that's what we were talking about. As to the bold part, I say coaching.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with answering the media's set up question about needing a QB coach. You do realize if he says YES to that question he is throwing Schwartz and Linny under the bus, right??

__________________________________________________________________________________
I'm not even talking about him admitting anything to the media other than the obvious, that he should have stated "I made a couple of bad decisions that cost us the game". That's what a QB does. He doesn't come out and "well CJ dropped those 2 passes so that's why we lost. The QB gets most of the glory when they win and SHOULD take the beat-down when they lose. Period.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to acknowledge to HIMSELF that in order for the team to improve, he has to improve. I didn't see that in the last 5 games, as in where was any improvement from the previous flawed qb'ing he was displaying...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
__________________________________________________________________________________
I'm not even talking about him admitting anything to the media other than the obvious, that he should have stated "I made a couple of bad decisions that cost us the game". That's what a QB does. He doesn't come out and "well CJ dropped those 2 passes so that's why we lost. The QB gets most of the glory when they win and SHOULD take the beat-down when they lose. Period.

I don't care what he says to the media long as they win. What is the stat again? Led in the 4th quarter of 15 games and lost 7 of them? That's coaching, not one guy.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say Stafford isn't coachable. I will say that it appears that he has had relatively little qb coaching and needs someone with a strong hand to see to it that he works on his mechanics. That will show in the games, ie no throws into triple coverage, over the out-stretched fingers of 6-5 to 6-7 receivers. I get all the receivers were dropping SOME catchable passes and sometimes a qb rushes his throws due to pressure or even presumed pressure

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the Sheffler SWM theory. Starting to see how that one got burning.

Not really sure what that means.(Actually, yeah, I am. And if you want to lump Staff in with that no talent faggotty asshat, I won't stop you. But Staff has never been a faggotty asshat to me.) But let's take a look at a few other coaches. Lovie Smith, defensive coach. Fired on account of his quarterback turning Ws into Ls. Andy Reid, winner for years, fired on account of poor Quarterback play. Career resurrected by a QB who plays within himself. Ken Whisenhunt, who we both want to see hired by the Lions, reaches the Super Bowl with a high end QB. Fired when he has a lousy one(multiple lousy ones) running his offense. Bill Walsh starts his career 8-24(Montana is 2-6 during that span) then ends up 92-59 on account of having the best QB ever. Schwartz was doomed from the start. Even if he didn't do himself many favors.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how we all complained about the Lions first quarter woes. When it was statistically Stafford's best quarter. (He also only threw 4 picks outside on grass, surprising.)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not nor have I ever been a fan of Linehan... I am not putting blame solely on Stafford either. I think (my perception) is that Stafford doesn't get the in your face shit from Linny or Schwartz, Matthew don't do this shit in the games. Stafford's guilt lies in the fact that he repeatedly made the same GDMF mistakes over and over again in games 10-17. He's been in the league for 5 years and doesn't know how to correct his mistakes ? Did you see my post regarding Brady and his mentor Tom Martinez. Where the **** is that for him. He should seek it out for himself if he wasn't getting proper coaching, he's an adult (screw the 25 yr old kid crap excuses)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what he says to the media long as they win. What is the stat again? Led in the 4th quarter of 15 games and lost 7 of them? That's coaching, not one guy.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
It goes both ways, shitty coaching, game management, shitty playing by the players. Coaches try to put players in the right position, players need to be right when they read and react to what they see pre-snap and execute properly from there.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you a perfect example of how Stafford should act as a QB and in a presser.

When Bama got their asses wiped all over the field by Oklahoma, A.J. McCarron sat at the press table and said, "This loss is ALL ON ME, I played bad. Meanwhile, C.J. Mosley sitting next to him stated, "Nah, we lost as a team man." McCarron was nodding his head in a NO manner after Mosley's statement. That is what I want to see from Stafford as a nearly 26 year old who has been in the NFL for 5 years, while not expecting this coming from a 22 year old "kid" in college that knows, admits, acknowledges blame. BTW the O-Line played horrible for Bama and McCarron was frustrated which threw his rhythm off all night, not once blaming his O-Line.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how we all complained about the Lions first quarter woes. When it was statistically Stafford's best quarter. (He also only threw 4 picks outside on grass, surprising.)

___________________________________________________________________________________
Not to mention that this team had 20+ scoreless quarters this season coming from a so called EXPLOSIVE offense.. They were like this in 2012 and 2013, consistently slow starting on offensive scoring.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure what that means.(Actually, yeah, I am. And if you want to lump Staff in with that no talent faggotty asshat, I won't stop you. But Staff has never been a faggotty asshat to me.) But let's take a look at a few other coaches. Lovie Smith, defensive coach. Fired on account of his quarterback turning Ws into Ls. Andy Reid, winner for years, fired on account of poor Quarterback play. Career resurrected by a QB who plays within himself. Ken Whisenhunt, who we both want to see hired by the Lions, reaches the Super Bowl with a high end QB. Fired when he has a lousy one(multiple lousy ones) running his offense. Bill Walsh starts his career 8-24(Montana is 2-6 during that span) then ends up 92-59 on account of having the best QB ever. Schwartz was doomed from the start. Even if he didn't do himself many favors.

I just means it seems like a one man witch hunt. I think some Lions fans are being way too hard on him but oh well. It's his job to prove you wrong not me. I do my fair share of bashing stuff too. To each their own.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
___________________________________________________________________________________
Not to mention that this team had 20+ scoreless quarters this season coming from a so called EXPLOSIVE offense.. They were like this in 2012 and 2013, consistently slow starting on offensive scoring.

As much criticism as there was on this board, Staffs "Last Two Minutes of Half" seem to make it obvious as to why they went conservative. <50% completions. 1TD 5 picks. Not good. Not sure how much that has been discussed during the coaching search, but it should be discussed a great deal.