• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching search update

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a Bald Eagle yesterday. Majestic creatures......... Filling up on some carrion. Snowdrift melted down enough to reveal a dead skunk...... Majestic creature indeed.

Sometimes you eat meat you shouldn't have. It happens...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks Dan Quin 4 HC ?

Maybe Lewand and Mayhew are going about their HC search in the wrong direction. Are they so hell-bent on finding an offensive minded HC, to improve Staff and the so-called explosive offense, that it has clouded their ability to make the right choice ? Having a defense like the Seahawks or Ravens or 49'ers can go a long way to achieving a championship when your offense becomes highly questionable due to lousy QB/WR play.

I'm merely speaking in terms of a convo yesterday, between Muzz/Dr. Evil, in regards to Seattle's defense/scheme/players (specifically the safeties being able to properly pursue and complete a tackle versus a whiff by Delmas or any of our DB's or just lousy coverage) etc. When you look at what Carroll and his DC's have accomplished, losing last years DC Bradley to Jax, in steps Dan Quin and they continue their domination on the defensive side. I realize they've retained most of their players (yes their DB's are much better than ours), brought in Avril, Bennett, had injuries, suspensions etc. It's next guy steps in and they don't miss a beat, nor is there a drop-off in talent/production. Browner, Chancellor, Sherman, Thomas, Thurmond have all missed some playing time, if not a few games over the last 3 years, and the defense/secondary remains stout.

HC Bradley doesn't haven't the defensive talent that Detroit has, yet they had a lot of improvement over the back half of their schedule, and his DB's were/are Horrific.

Maybe the right choice is to hire Quin so that the defensive side continues to improve (like the DB's and better scouting of said position, no matter if it's draft/FA) and possibly mirrors that side of Seattle. It appears to me that the coaching tree in Seattle has extensive and thorough knowledge on how to obtain and maintain success through proper coaching. If Quin could put together a great OC/DC and has a top flight DB/QB position coach, then why go all in on solely for Whiz.

How much will Whiz be distracted, as a Head Coach, when the offense isn't working and He's more consumed with play calling than actually paying attention to; head coaching duties, challenges, time-outs etc. I do not want to see him play calling, like Sean Peyton or Andy Reid, and still trying to focus on Head Coaching duties.

Any thoughts ?

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I want anyone from San Diego's staff. Talk about unprepared. Their offense is actually making Denver's defense look decent.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's defense is decent. They're solid against the run(top 5) and their secondary, IMO, gets a lot of yards against them bc teams are playing catch up many times.

Whiz and staff had a tough task today.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's better. ;)

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make sense to loose out on Whiz in the final moments of the coach search. It would be very Lions like.

I have heard on radio that Munchek and Kubiak are still in the mix for the Lions job.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they miss out on both Lovie and Wis after publicly bragging about being the best job available, Mayhew and Lewand should be fired immediately. Hope these are just rumors. Unreal.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard on radio that Munchek and Kubiak are still in the mix for the Lions job.

SmashingHeadOnKeyboard.gif

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably just agent leveraging for more money. Probably.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably just agent leveraging for more money. Probably.

This shit better not drag out like another Jeff Fisher/Rams/Dolphins fiasco. I only want a HC who wants to be here.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew spotted outside Ken Whisenhunt's house this morning.

Bd4Lyo8CYAAh9QH.jpg

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omfg

"Lions have had a plane ready to take off toward SD this morning....plane is still there."

WTF

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omfg

"Lions have had a plane ready to take off toward SD this morning....plane is still there."

WTF

Shanahan was seen at the Allen Park Complex.

Just kidding!:lol: