• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Jensen:

Underrated element of Marc Trestman's staff: Nice mix of experience and youth so far. Tucker & Kromer were interim NFL head coaches

Granted, neither Kromer nor Tucker did very well. But that experience is a nod to their coaching ability and their potential.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brad Biggs:

Mel Tucker is a big hire for #Bears because he will have relative autonomy in role ... essentially what OC's were under Lovie Smith.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manish Mehta:

New Jets GM John Idzik will report directly to Woody Johnson. He'll also have final say on all personnel matters. #nyj

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Browns look to be headed in a good direction.

I disagree. Brandon Weeden isn't going to take them anywhere IMO. They need a QB.

I say the Flush-it-downs don't make the playoffs in the next 3 years.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Brandon Weeden isn't going to take them anywhere IMO. They need a QB.

I say the Flush-it-downs don't make the playoffs in the next 3 years.

They were talking on ESPN and saying that they are expecting the new coaching staff to bring in someone to compete with Weeden as they aren't entirely sold on the guy

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They were talking on ESPN and saying that they are expecting the new coaching staff to bring in someone to compete with Weeden as they aren't entirely sold on the guy

Nor should they be. That draft pick was about as uninspired as trading for Matt Casselll.

Whenever they talk about the Browns on the radio, they always call Weeden a "promising young QB." First of all, he's not that young. Second of all, he's not that promising.

And he has more talent on offense than plenty of other QBs.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had been 22 he would have been a top 10 pick next year. If he was younger he would be promising, but at his age it's hard to think he will do much.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he would. He's just not that great of a prospect.

He's Alex Smith or Andy Dalton.

Not even close. You obviously haven't watched him. He has a really strong arm that neither of those guys has. Tons of scouts said had he been 22-23 he would have been a top 10 pick.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not even close. You obviously haven't watched him. He has a really strong arm that neither of those guys has. Tons of scouts said had he been 22-23 he would have been a top 10 pick.

I wouldn't say he has a "really strong arm." He doesn't have a weak arm. It's certainly stronger than Alex's ...

But nothing else about his game stands out. I've been saying the same thing about Matt Barkley for 2 years now. I've also been saying the same thing about Sam Bradford since he was in College. Christian Ponder too (I thought Ponder was 5th round material in '11) Weeden screams mediocre talent to me.

If he proves me wrong, I'll eat these words with soy sauce.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he will prove you wrong because he doesn't have time to sit back and learn all the things other young QB's get to. But if he was a regular age of a rookie QB he would have been handled completely different. He was a much better prospect than Barkley or Ponder either one were.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor should they be. That draft pick was about as uninspired as trading for Matt Casselll.

Whenever they talk about the Browns on the radio, they always call Weeden a "promising young QB." First of all, he's not that young. Second of all, he's not that promising.

Oh you are preaching to the choir here, I thought it was one of the worse draft choices that I can remember, a 30 year old QB from a spread offense.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well i do expect them to bring in someone to compete with him. Maybe even draft another QB as well. Still, with Norv running their Offense i believe their Offense is in much better shape heading forward. Maybe not next year, but within the next couple years they could be in the playoffs. The Brown's Defense isn't far off from being very good.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well i do expect them to bring in someone to compete with him. Maybe even draft another QB as well. Still, with Norv running their Offense i believe their Offense is in much better shape heading forward. Maybe not next year, but within the next couple years they could be in the playoffs. The Brown's Defense isn't far off from being very good.

If I was the FO I would either pick up a vet with knowledge of the offense or draft a young guy to become the eventual starter. I have no faith in Weeden. Also since this offense like to throw to the TE quite a bit, I'd probably think about getting a new TE, someone like Winslow who has really had success in this scheme.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was the FO I would either pick up a vet with knowledge of the offense or draft a young guy to become the eventual starter. I have no faith in Weeden. Also since this offense like to throw to the TE quite a bit, I'd probably think about getting a new TE, someone like Winslow who has really had success in this scheme.

This sounds like Alex Smith to me. If Horton was the reason for the Cardinals defense, that's good, too.

Not saying Reid would choose him, because I don't think so, but there would be the best for him based on surrounding team, right? The Browns in terms of OC an maybe DC. Philadelphia if he just wanted a big team. I don't know about Jacksonville and assume no because Roman's not there. Oakland's ok and Arizona seems to be free. The Jets have a good defense on paper. If Norv had gone there...

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like Alex Smith to me. If Horton was the reason for the Cardinals defense, that's good, too.

Not saying Reid would choose him, because I don't think so, but there would be the best for him based on surrounding team, right? The Browns in terms of OC an maybe DC. Philadelphia if he just wanted a big team. I don't know about Jacksonville and assume no because Roman's not there. Oakland's ok and Arizona seems to be free. The Jets have a good defense on paper. If Norv had gone there...

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Smith in a Browns or Chiefs jersey next season, he would start for either of those teams.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00