• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Browns officially hired former Cardinals DC Ray Horton as their DC.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This thread feels like it's winding down finally.

Joe Person:

Breaking: #Panthers promote Mike Shula to off coordinator. Ricky Proehl, Richard Rodgers also promoted.

Also, former #Panthers RBs coach Jim Skipper interviewing for his old job today in Charlotte. Spent last 2 years with #Titans.

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he needs to believe he can beat out a rookie and stave him off, but I wonder if he'll want to wait until after the draft if we release him prior to sign anywhere. He doesn't want to be Kaepernick'd again, not that he really has a choice if that future guy is drafted. All I can say is that Alex was never safe except for his first or second year here. He must have felt the best right before he got the concussion, though he couldn't ever think he was absolutely safe.

I'm sure he has no intention of being used as a stopgap the rest of his career. I imagine if he doesn't get an offer he wants, he'll take the stopgap job with the mindset of playing so good that they'll forget about the rookie. For his sake, I hope he gets some decent teams interested in him... I'd feel bad for him if he had to go play for the Jags just to get a starting QB opportunity.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dan Pompei:

Breaking: Mike Phair being retained as Bears D-line coach. A little bit of Marinelli remains!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Caplan:

Source said former #Eagles OC Marty Mornhinweg is expected to be named #Jets OC. Interesting fit. WCO.

I think I said it in this thread before but I have some respect for Marty as a coach. I think he's very, very smart and gets alot of things right. Will be curious to see him now that he's away from Reid. Always had alot of questions about the influence Reid had on him and what he might morph into if ever given the chance to break free.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

With the Seahawks losing John Idzik, exxpect the team team to contact former Broncos GM Brian Xanders among candidates to replace him

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Caplan:

Source said former #Eagles OC Marty Mornhinweg is expected to be named #Jets OC. Interesting fit. WCO.

I think I said it in this thread before but I have some respect for Marty as a coach. I think he's very, very smart and gets alot of things right. Will be curious to see him now that he's away from Reid. Always had alot of questions about the influence Reid had on him and what he might morph into if ever given the chance to break free.

Evan Silva:

With Mornhinweg hire, #Jets should rise to or very near top of Michael Vick's potential offseason landing spots. Vick likely to be released.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joe Person:

My understanding is Shula will remain in his role as QBs coach while taking over as OC and calling the plays. #panthers

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kent Somers:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jerry Sullivan as #azcardinals WR coach. Fitz would love that.

No! No! No! He's the best in the business and has already coached in Arizona once (before SF hired him).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyndra de St. Aubin:

Horton contract w/ Browns 4 yrs $8 mil-says he's ecstatic bout going 2 CLE

That's a decent deal for him, which is probably why it was leaked. I'm guessing by Horton's representation.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff McLane:

Not sure of how serious they were, but the #Eagles did reach out to Ray Horton, I'm told.

Adam Caplan:

Heard same.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dave Birkett:

Confirmed: Lions have hired John Bonamego as their new special-teams coordinator. Native of Mt. Pleasant who played at Central Michigan.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manish Mehta:

Source confirms that Marty Morhinweg will, indeed, be the Jets new offensive coordinator.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

Bears are hiring Mel Tucker to be their new defensive coordinator. Being finalized

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Albert Breer:

Couple things on Jets. They told candidates GM would have power over the 53 and final say on personnel. Rex retains control over his staff.

... Rex Ryan was there for second set of GM interviews. Sounds like GM won't have power to fire him in '14. Woody likely retains that power.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns coaching "dream staff" instead of team lol

They've got some pieces, but have a ways to go as far as personnel for sure. Now they have a good coaching staff (coordinators at least) to point them in the right direction. That is going to be a tough division to win next year.