• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty hard for any team as constructed right now in the East to beat LeBron 4/7, but the gap is narrowing
I don't agree... That team is mentally weak and will break the second a team goes up 2-1 or 2-0.

Plus they are going to be out coached by nearly every team they go up against.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree... That team is mentally weak and will break the second a team goes up 2-1 or 2-0.

Plus they are going to be out coached by nearly every team they go up against.

I hope you're correct...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're correct...
You are already seeing the cracks form. Lue isn't a good coach... Irving doesn't like lebron... Love doesnt want to be there... The second adversity hits you will see Lebron yelling at everyone and the rest of the team turtle up.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are less talented, but have a better coach and more professional acting players. Stan Van Gundy could coach circles around Lue. So could Stevens.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone not realize how bad Steve Kerr or Popavich would make Lue look in a 7 game series? He is not a good coach at all. The team is worse under him than Blatt.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie had some UNFREAKING layups last night...he has that touch going nice....his shot and mid range game really came around last month and now hes starting to put that attacking part back into his game which is cool- guys are crowding him since he has the best mid-range shooting numbers in the game (thanks Kobe for the advice!)---

A couple of those were just INSANE where he spins it off the back board.
:bored2:

Too bad none of those things are enough to win games when LBJ isn't playing.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a fucking idiot. I'm not a Cavs fan (I've told you that before). Why is that so difficult for you to comprehend? Jackass.
WAMU, I know you always say you're not a Cavs fan but you talk about the Cavs more than you do the Celtics. Are you sure you're not a closet fan? :noidea:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAMU, I know you always say you're not a Cavs fan but you talk about the Cavs more than you do the Celtics. Are you sure you're not a closet fan? :noidea:

I didn't mention the Cavs. Someone else called me a Cavs fan & I was telling that person (yet again) that I'm not. Nice try though.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're correct...
I have to say, when the season first started I thought the Cavs would be head & shoulders above the other teams in the East. But as the season has gone on it appears more & more like there are a few teams that could beat them in a 7 game series. Especially if they aren't healthy. I doubt it will be like last season how they won even though they lost 2/3 of their big 3. But, that's must my opinion.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mention the Cavs. Someone else called me a Cavs fan & I was telling that person (yet again) that I'm not. Nice try though.
WAMU...you come here & always stick up for the Cavs so that my friend is mentioning them. Anyway, if you are a fan it's nothing to be ashamed of. They have LBJ! :D

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAMU...you come here & always stick up for the Cavs so that my friend is mentioning them. Anyway, if you are a fan it's nothing to be ashamed of. They have LBJ! :D

You're funny. Show me 1 post where in anyway I have been sticking up for the Cavs. The only thing I have said about them is I don't think there's a team in the E that can beat them in a 7 game series. Do you really consider that sticking up for them?:noidea:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're funny. Show me 1 post where in anyway I have been sticking up for the Cavs. The only thing I have said about them is I don't think there's a team in the E that can beat them in a 7 game series. Do you really consider that sticking up for them?:noidea:
Hahaha ok, well I'm not going to spend my time providing posts for every time you're said something to defend them. I would be here allday (yes, pun intended). And you seem to be taking offense to the question-so I'll draw my own conclusion from that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha ok, well I'm not going to spend my time providing posts for every time you're said something to defend them. I would be here allday (yes, pun intended). And you seem to be taking offense to the question-so I'll draw my own conclusion from that.

Huh? Okay so you're claiming I'm defending the Cavs yet you can't provide any proof of that. Well by that logic if I comment in any other NBA thread...say a G.S. thread that would make me a Warriors fan?

I had no idea that 1 of the rules here on SportsHoopla for the NBA threads was to only post in team threads of teams I follow. From now on I'll only post in Celtics threads. Although to be fair you should have to do the same. So you really should only be posting in Lakers threads!:D

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Okay so you're claiming I'm defending the Cavs yet you can't provide any proof of that. Well by that logic if I comment in any other NBA thread...say a G.S. thread that would make me a Warriors fan?

I had no idea that 1 of the rules here on SportsHoopla for the NBA threads was to only post in team threads of teams I follow. From now on I'll only post in Celtics threads. Although to be fair you should have to do the same. So you really should only be posting in Lakers threads!:D
Relax WAMU. I never claimed anything. I asked you a simple question that apparently has you all riled up. It was my observation that you rarely talk about the Celtics so that's why I asked.

Goodness....when you called me a bandwagon fan of the Warriors a few days back you didn't see me get my panties all in a bunch.

And, for the record I do claim to be a fan of BOTH teams & do post on Laker threads. :nod:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax WAMU. I never claimed anything. I asked you a simple question that apparently has you all riled up. It was my observation that you rarely talk about the Celtics so that's why I asked.

Goodness....when you called me a bandwagon fan of the Warriors a few days back you didn't see me get my panties all in a bunch.

And, for the record I do claim to be a fan of BOTH teams & do post on Laker threads. :nod:

So now I'm riled up because you don't like my answer? Wow that's funny. And you should know by now how sarcastic I am @ times. If you really think I was serious when I called you a bandwagon Warriors fan I really don't know what to say to that. From now on I'll just make sure not to make any smartass comments when yapping w/ you. And the Celtics threads...how often are people really yapping on any of those threads? Not as often as other threads. So when I see a busy NBA thread (no matter which team it's about) I'm gonna comment. It shouldn't matter which thread it happens to be.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now I'm riled up because you don't like my answer? Wow that's funny. And you should know by now how sarcastic I am @ times. If you really think I was serious when I called you a bandwagon Warriors fan I really don't know what to say to that. From now on I'll just make sure not to make any smartass comments when yapping w/ you. And the Celtics threads...how often are people really yapping on any of those threads? Not as often as other threads. So when I see a busy NBA thread (no matter which team it's about) I'm gonna comment. It shouldn't matter which thread it happens to be.
Like I said, just relax. I'm not claiming anything, am indifferent either way to your answer. I do find it odd though that you can be so sarcastic with others but can't see sarcasm in others' posts to you.

I never said only one topic can be discussed on any given thread. Actually, the fact that people talk about ANY team on ANY thread is kinda the point. You rarely talk about the Celtics is all I said.

Anyway, this went bad quickly! SMH

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie had some UNFREAKING layups last night...he has that touch going nice....his shot and mid range game really came around last month and now hes starting to put that attacking part back into his game which is cool- guys are crowding him since he has the best mid-range shooting numbers in the game (thanks Kobe for the advice!)---

A couple of those were just INSANE where he spins it off the back board.

What's an "unfreaking layup?"

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article today on ESPN from Zach Lowe on the Cavs. Probably the best explanation I've seen of some of the strengths and weaknesses of their lineups.

Interesting excerpt...

In practice, the LeBron-Love collaboration has been stilted -- a twist that explains a lot of why the Cavs are so hard to pin down, even as they stand as huge favorites to make a repeat Finals appearance. Sleuthing for the origin of the disconnect takes you down lots of dark corridors, but that pick-and-roll partnership is a good place to start. It never really took off, mostly because defenses just switch.

"It sounded good to a lot of people," Jim Boylan, a Cavs assistant, told ESPN.com, "but it's something we haven't been able to take advantage of. It's easy for teams to scheme against. They switch, and we're stuck with an isolation."

"It hasn't produced the sort of pick-and-pops that you would think," Tyronn Lue, Cleveland's head coach, told ESPN.com, "because teams switch it."

That switch isn't a bad thing, necessarily, even if the Cavs have scored just one point per possession on trips featuring a LeBron-Love pick-and-roll -- one of the lowest figures among Cleveland's core combinations, per STATS SportVU data provided to ESPN.com. It leaves Cleveland with its choice of mismatches: James blowing by a bigger defender, or Love bullying a smaller one.

But to chase those mismatches, the Cavs deactivate the rest of their offense. A team that wants to play fast stands still, measuring entry passes against defenses locking into help position.