• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year. They are a better team this year though. Not that I think they beat the Cavs, but they won't be a cakewalk opponent.
how are the Raptors better? just curious in your mind. As you said "there main players are the same"-- hypocrite?

id say the Cavs improved their roster more than Toronto since last year

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've upgraded their bench actually. And really, it's just Frye and Jefferson as they're not using Marion and James Jones anymore.
and it doesn't look like that's come together much yet either. I agree there's a few months left to get things right, but have little confidence in this group. Reason being is because there are cracks in the foundation (their big 3) & that is where the problems lye. Without a solid foundation how can the role players fit in comfortably?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors got SWEPT by the wiz in the playoffs last year...thats not so o good.
So what? The Cavs lost last year in the Finals yet you seem to think they can at least get back to that very place. Furthermore, the Cavs haven't made any improvements to their core-2/3 of them are still hurt-both have already missed games this season due to injuries. I find it hard to believe that Love & Kyrie have found time to improve their games while being on the IR list.

And apparently Tristan isn't as improved as you would have some think-citing his recent demotion from starting back to the reality of coming off the bench as a primary example.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how are the Raptors better? just curious in your mind. As you said "there main players are the same"-- hypocrite?

id say the Cavs improved their roster more than Toronto since last year

I said their main players yes. Players like Lowry and Derozan have improved their play this season. Their team defense is better. They're a better team this season and are on pace for a better record. There you have it. I'm hardly being a hypocrite.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron could be AMAZING without the ball if he wanted to be--- and Kyrie can of course be a good shooter and floor spacer but its such a waste....

honestl- we all know Lebron LOVES to dribble on the perimeter etc. and make plays- but the Cavs would be better if he was the screen-setter and drew attention and Kyrie started the action..... there pick and roll is freaking deadly....ESP when LeBron sets the pick and rolls...its basically uncoverable.

When you think of players who are most effective playing off the ball, two basic types come to mind. You have your catch and finish big men, like D. Jordan, and your shooters. LeBron is way too good to be a catch and finish guy, and he does shoot well enough to be a spot up shooter.

While he might be effective as a roll guy ever now and then, his talents are not being maximized if he is used that way. You say LeBon should be a 4, I say LeBon should be a 1. Either way, using him as a wing player while Kyrie has the ball is not ideal. I will be shocked if we do not see a massive roster overhaul in Cleveland this off season. Either LeBron leaves, or the Cavs make some major trades.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors got SWEPT by the wiz in the playoffs last year...thats not so o good.

I think that makes them more dangerous this year.
That losing festers.
I'm not saying the make the Finals, but they aren't losing in round 1.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs biggest hurdle may come in the first or second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs biggest hurdle may come in the first or second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.

If you are suggesting that their biggest hurdle is themselves, then maybe I agree with that. The West champs loom pretty large also though.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said their main players yes. Players like Lowry and Derozan have improved their play this season. Their team defense is better. They're a better team this season and are on pace for a better record. There you have it. I'm hardly being a hypocrite.

I agree that Lowry, DeRozan & JV are playing better than last year.

I just checked ... in their last game they started Jason Thompson & Noman Powell. I barely remember Powell at all ... and Thompson never sniffed the court this year for the Ws ... which I found surprising. (Patterson, Ross & Biyombo all played ... just off the bench .. Scola was hurt)

The Raptors have a good record ... but I do thing they missed Amir J.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They could play Chicago in round 1, Miami in round 2 - then Raptors/Celtics.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson, seeking a larger opportunity for playing time, opted to sign with the Miami Heat, which has so far been a good fit. He is starting and averaging 14 points and 3.2 rebounds in 30 minutes a game. This high number of minutes may not have been available for Johnson in Cleveland, but according to Cleveland.com's Chris Haynes, James was willing to solely play at power forward if it meant signing the veteran. James wanted Johnson so bad he was willing to play out of his natural position.

From Haynes:

Sources with knowledge of James' intentions informed cleveland.com that the four-time MVP made it known to Cavaliers' management and Johnson that he would slide to power forward on a permanent basis to open up a starting spot for his former Olympic teammate.

"All I care about is winning. That's all that matters to me," James confirmed to cleveland.com. "A piece like Joe, you know what it does to your team and if he was concerned about playing time or concerned about starting, then I'll sacrifice. I'll sacrifice to get a guy like that to help us try to win a championship."

James, until recently, has never been keen on the idea of accepting a full-time role of operating out of the post and absorbing the physical pounding that comes with the position. But understanding what's at stake, he's willing to try pretty much anything if it translates to more wins for his team.

"Man listen, I'll do anything to win. I'll kidnap my momma to win," James said to cleveland.com with a deadpan expression on his face.

Would James have made such a considerable sacrifice in years prior?

"I don't know. I don't know. I can't answer that, but I know I'll do it now," he said to cleveland.com. "I mean, you're trying to make a push. We're in March. You get a guy like Joe Johnson, you get a guy that can change your team for the better. I wouldn't have a problem with [moving to the four].

"If he wanted to come in and start and we wanted to keep J.R. [Smith] in the starting lineup and if Double-T (Tristan Thompson) or Mozzy (Timofey Mozgov) had to come off the bench in order for Joe to start and slide Kev [Love] to the five, I would have done it."

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well LeBrons and Kyrie's current middle school drama tweet drama is far more interesting then the race in the east.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Joe Johnson signing was huge for the Heat and a pretty big lost opportunity for the Cavs, I think.

As much as I'd like to dismiss it... the dude is a very unique talent and is showing he still has it.

That said... his goal appears to be (for now) to get one last big contract. I'm less interested in big contract Joe than I am in the version the Heat get for the rest of this season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could play Chicago in round 1, Miami in round 2 - then Raptors/Celtics.

^^^This^^^

A healthy Bulls team can challenge them, but I seriously don't think they can beat them. A healthy Heat team can beat them. I still think the Cavs would win, but the Heat have the experience to beat them, especially now that they have a guy who can hit the 3 with some consistency.