• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep thinking that James is satisfied with losing because he has " plenty of time".
A few years ago, people thought the Thunder had plenty of time, and how did that work out?
i d
Difference is, as you pointed out after Memphis loss , is that James dictates how he wants the game played.
In essence, he at times severely diminishes the skills of the others around him.
At other times he enhances the skills of others.
Problem is, the others never know what to expect.
the last few months anyway----- last year- after February- the Cavs looked freaking great.....before- i nCleveland- with very limited support players the Cavs won 60 games twice because everyone knew their role.....

this seems to be more of something that has developed the last couple months- i dont know if its a reaction to GSW- the coaching change- LeBron's declining outside shot, etc....a full roster....there are a lot of variables.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know? Last I checked the Spurs and Warriors are still around. And guess what, the Warriors' core is just as young as Cleveland's. They're not going anywhere anytime soon.

And their players know their roles. It amazes me that at this juncture the reports are that some Cleveland players don't know theirs. There's some regression happening in Cleveland but time to get it turned around.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And their players know their roles. It amazes me that at this juncture the reports are that some Cleveland players don't know theirs. There's some regression happening in Cleveland but time to get it turned around.

Which is why I'm not jumping on the wagon right now. It's the beginning of March, they still have a month left of the regular season. Plus, no one in the East is really going to beat them. On Miami's best day, they could make Cleveland sweat, but that's it. Cleveland will go to the Finals, they have a clear-cut talent advantage. That gives them up until June (which is three months away). Now, if they stumble their way to the Finals and still have these issues - The Warriors or the Spurs will pick them apart. If the Thunder somehow find their way to the Finals, then congratulations Cleveland. You have yourselves that long elusive title.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i d

the last few months anyway----- last year- after February- the Cavs looked freaking great.....before- i nCleveland- with very limited support players the Cavs won 60 games twice because everyone knew their role.....

this seems to be more of something that has developed the last couple months- i dont know if its a reaction to GSW- the coaching change- LeBron's declining outside shot, etc....a full roster....there are a lot of variables.

Don't they basically have the same roster as last season? They should not be regressing as a team at this point. Maybe Irving and James just aren't a good fit. Both need the ball to be effective. I don't think either does well working off ball.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I'm not jumping on the wagon right now. It's the beginning of March, they still have a month left of the regular season. Plus, no one in the East is really going to beat them. On Miami's best day, they could make Cleveland sweat, but that's it. Cleveland will go to the Finals, they have a clear-cut talent advantage. That gives them up until June (which is three months away). Now, if they stumble their way to the Finals and still have these issues - The Warriors or the Spurs will pick them apart. If the Thunder somehow find their way to the Finals, then congratulations Cleveland. You have yourselves that long elusive title.

Even last year -- the Cavs were a much different team (the way they played) in the Finals vs. even how they played in the first 2 series. A lot can change. They should just ignore all the chatter and focus on improving.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't they basically have the same roster as last season? They should not be regressing as a team at this point. Maybe Irving and James just aren't a good fit. Both need the ball to be effective. I don't think either does well working off ball.

They've upgraded their bench actually. And really, it's just Frye and Jefferson as they're not using Marion and James Jones anymore.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron could be AMAZING without the ball if he wanted to be--- and Kyrie can of course be a good shooter and floor spacer but its such a waste....

honestl- we all know Lebron LOVES to dribble on the perimeter etc. and make plays- but the Cavs would be better if he was the screen-setter and drew attention and Kyrie started the action..... there pick and roll is freaking deadly....ESP when LeBron sets the pick and rolls...its basically uncoverable.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't sleep on Toronto. If Cleveland is still having issues come playoff time, it won't be a cakewalk to the finals.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even last year -- the Cavs were a much different team (the way they played) in the Finals vs. even how they played in the first 2 series. A lot can change. They should just ignore all the chatter and focus on improving.

The Cavs were forced to become an elite defensive team given the offensive firepower they lost in Love and Irving. However, that actually helped them out in their match up against the Warriors. As history has taught us with this Warriors group, you don't want to let Steph and crew get in a rhythm. The fact that Cleveland had personnel available that could match up defensively kept them in the series. That's the quandry with Love and Irving. Yeah, they're talented players, but they suck defensively. You put those two in the series, and Warriors get in their groove.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't sleep on Toronto. If Cleveland is still having issues come playoff time, it won't be a cakewalk to the finals.

I am. I've just about put them in the same group with the Hawks. Yeah they look good in the regular season, but they'll likely choke it away.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for Cleveland to choke and not win anything this year. But what is with all the "experts" nba analysts saying this ship is sinking??

Cleveland has actually done very very well since Blatt was fired and they continue to destroy teams. Sure they lose from time to time against an odd opponent, but they are doing very well and look dangerous.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've upgraded their bench actually. And really, it's just Frye and Jefferson as they're not using Marion and James Jones anymore.

Neither are giving them much. Their main players are still the same.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- a couple things

first- Mo Williams as well--- the new bench guys- Mo, Jefferson, Frye- definitely have a lot more left in the tank than Marion, Jones and Miller did.

2nd- certain guys are just progressing- its what happens as you go from a young player to a vet.--- the best example of that is Delly- who is like top 5 in 3pt shooting in the league and a solid defender- at this time last year Delly was NOT that great- and the Cavs seriously were looking to replace him- even asking Nash to come out of retirement- this year he is a definite asset.

Thompson and Kyrie are still but young guys that I think are improving even if statistically speaking we dont see it- the postseason run for Thompson was HUGE for him and his confidence going forward- he is without a doubt a much better, smarter, confident player than he was at the beginning of last year. I think the same could be said with Kyrie.

Not only that- but having the guys play together for more time will only help them as well.

now- mozgov has regressed- shumpert seems to have regressed offensively- and lebrons 3 pt shot is MIA...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs were forced to become an elite defensive team given the offensive firepower they lost in Love and Irving. However, that actually helped them out in their match up against the Warriors. As history has taught us with this Warriors group, you don't want to let Steph and crew get in a rhythm. The fact that Cleveland had personnel available that could match up defensively kept them in the series. That's the quandry with Love and Irving. Yeah, they're talented players, but they suck defensively. You put those two in the series, and Warriors get in their groove.
i mean- yah but dude, we were so short handed in that GSW series that we NEEDEd just NBA guys--- Delly was like DEAD by the end of that series--- Jones and Marion and Miller were needed but hadnt played in forever and sucked in the little time they did get (if they got any at all)-

Mozgov got like 30 that one game GSW really beat up on them- but it was part of their plan- Mozgov cant win the game for the Cavs.

so while i agree the defensive lineup helped- the CAvs were so freaking short handed by then that the extra healthy bodies would have been HUGE---especially another scoreer- whether Love or Kyrie- because Lebron was asked to do WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much scoring and could have focused more on defense if not for the huge offensive responsibility he had.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron will be able to ride Kyrie to the Finals. Bitch, shut the fuck up. This fumble (unt (Kyrie) couldn't even sniff the playoffs before Lebron got there.

:jaw:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am. I've just about put them in the same group with the Hawks. Yeah they look good in the regular season, but they'll likely choke it away.
Raptors got SWEPT by the wiz in the playoffs last year...thats not so o good.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember 4-5 years ago when people wanted Westbook to be traded because they thought he was a ballhog and OKC had a point guard named Maynor who people thought could replace Russ without a problem.

I don't think anyone is going to admit saying that today though.
He is a ballhog today-that aspect of his game hasn't changed. He also hasn't improved his ability to deliver in crunch time. He continuously ballhogs & tends to take wild shots that typically are low % shots.

While I won't say that Maynor is a better player, I don't think splitting up KD & RW to put in place more complimentary players for each of them (on their respective teams) is a bad idea.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and apparently that regression had little to do with the HC-that they seemed deserved all the blame.