• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cleveland Browns vs Denver Broncos

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so I have to think Vance Joseph job security will be at zero if the Broncos lose this game. Denver would be 6-8 with the Raiders and Chargers ahead. Think Denver at least can get by the Raiders but at the same time Denver will have probably figured their season is done and the Raiders/Gruden are wanting to go into the off-season with some momentum, which they very well could after last weekends win.

Don't see Denver beating Chargers, so lets say Broncos are 7-9 to end the year. Joseph probably gone and it would be understandable.

My question is, when do Bronco fans and the Broncos put pressure on Elway? He will be going into hiring his 4th? coach since he has been there, some of the coaches he fired were way better than Joseph. And besides Manning, he has yet to get a legit QB into Denver. At what point do you as a franchise go, "Thanks John for everything you did for this franchise a player, and thanks for getting Manning and that one Super Bowl, but it's time to go." Or does that never happen because it's John Elway?

I just wonder if Elway can be trusted to hire another head coach?

The John Fox hire was a good one at the time - coming off the fiasco of Josh McDaniels, the team needed an experienced, steady hand .. and while Manning was a big part of that turn-around, Fox got the team to the SB, and to Elway's credit, he nailed it after that disastrous SB loss to the Hawks ..

Elway goes out and gets Talib, Demarcus Ware, TJ Ward and gets Wade to return, assembling one of the greatest defenses ever immediately after an embarrassing SB loss ..

There is no questioning the Kubiak / Wade hire

Vance was a swing and a miss, but I think the bigger issue there was letting Wade Phillips go ..

Prior to the 2018 draft - which has already proved to be one of the best drafts in Broncos history - Elway had some bad drafts - that is where the concern lies, not with the HCing hires

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern is how Vance is handling players. Critizing Von and tell Case to be more aggressive.

At this point I think Bance lost the locker room and this at this point needs to be sent packing after the Chargers game. I would not be surprised if he is unemployeed before we go to bed that night.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway goes out and gets Talib, Demarcus Ware, TJ Ward and gets Wade to return, assembling one of the greatest defenses ever immediately after an embarrassing SB loss ..

Elway did a great job getting known players to go to Denver. Then what? He's traded or lost most of those players and hasn't done much to replace them. I personally think that Elway's ego sometimes gets in the way of good judgement. The few times I saw the camera on him last night, he looked like a guy saying, "I'm King as far as the eye can see." While his troops were struggling to hold back the enemy.

What's worse is that the Broncos could finish the year in a lousy draft position.

I hate to say it but, Vance Joseph looked like he was coming totally unglued several times last night. Once the NFL Network camera people saw the faces he was making, stomping his foot, and making those great lip reads they kept going back for more. The only thing he didn't do was the Belichick action of taking off the headset and throwing it to ground and kicking it.

The final Denver offensive play where Keenum was sacked was absolutely horrible. I'd cut the tackle this morning for giving that up. No one even looked at the guy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, he won't have to produce more than 17 points anyway to win. Next year !!!! Whoo Hooooo!

Hey ...... have any lottery numbers you can give me??? Or stock tips?? How about a blood transfusion??

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One think I know for sure is that we need a new offensive coordinator. If Kubes is truly wanting to coach again then that position will be filled easily and quickly.

With how Vance is handling some things with urging Keenum to force the ball downfield more and Von for jumping offsides I think believe he is losing the locker room and if not the locker room then the fans.

Is it frustrating watching Von jump off sides? Yes, but that anticipation is part of what makes him one of the best in the game.

Keenum forcing the ball downfield last night potentially cost us the game with the INT in the end zone. Vance criticized Keenum for throwing INTs early in the year but not says it is ok?

There are changes coming in the off season and at this point I believe there is no chance Vance is part for the team in 2019.

Here is an interesting article that I found last night. I agree that we have some coaches doing excellent jobs and it also includes some speculation on replacement head coaches. Here is the link.
Breaking down Denver's options to replace Joseph as head coach

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One think I know for sure is that we need a new offensive coordinator. If Kubes is truly wanting to coach again then that position will be filled easily and quickly.

With how Vance is handling some things with urging Keenum to force the ball downfield more and Von for jumping offsides I think believe he is losing the locker room and if not the locker room then the fans.

Is it frustrating watching Von jump off sides? Yes, but that anticipation is part of what makes him one of the best in the game.

Keenum forcing the ball downfield last night potentially cost us the game with the INT in the end zone. Vance criticized Keenum for throwing INTs early in the year but not says it is ok?

There are changes coming in the off season and at this point I believe there is no chance Vance is part for the team in 2019.

Here is an interesting article that I found last night. I agree that we have some coaches doing excellent jobs and it also includes some speculation on replacement head coaches. Here is the link.
Breaking down Denver's options to replace Joseph as head coach

Thanks for the link - lots of interesting speculation about future Bronco HCs.

I agree VJ lost this team - and your examples for that are excellent - public comments that diminish Von Miller and potentially getting into his starting QBs head about what he should do with the football during a play. You just don't want a Head Coach saying stuff like that out loud.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He feels that he was disrespected by being a healthy scratch. There was no chance he returned next year anyway.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway did a great job getting known players to go to Denver. Then what? He's traded or lost most of those players and hasn't done much to replace them. I personally think that Elway's ego sometimes gets in the way of good judgement. The few times I saw the camera on him last night, he looked like a guy saying, "I'm King as far as the eye can see." While his troops were struggling to hold back the enemy.

What's worse is that the Broncos could finish the year in a lousy draft position.

I hate to say it but, Vance Joseph looked like he was coming totally unglued several times last night. Once the NFL Network camera people saw the faces he was making, stomping his foot, and making those great lip reads they kept going back for more. The only thing he didn't do was the Belichick action of taking off the headset and throwing it to ground and kicking it.

The final Denver offensive play where Keenum was sacked was absolutely horrible. I'd cut the tackle this morning for giving that up. No one even looked at the guy.

Elway got one guy to come
and then that guy drew others who wanted to play with him and took the organization to the super bowl. We’ve seen what Elway really can do with QB after Manning. Not much.

It was a bad play call and stupid on Keenum’s part to not shift Linsey to the overloaded side and who downs a ball at the 50 with 50 seconds to go
needing all those downs and 13
Yards to try to kick a game winning FG
Also
VJ took a timeout after the Taylor foul
Could have used that timeout at the end of the game.

I think VJ was playing fortnight while the refs discussed the foul.