• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can’t Lose... the ‘Optimistic/Non Poop’ Skins Thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sherrf isnt an overpay . he is a 4x PB player and an all pro . his career is heading to the HOF at this point

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bias but he could walk. Kyle Smith did not make the Scherff pick so there is no allegiance there. Plus Smith already stated that he doesn't over pay for OG's. I think Darby would be the bigger loss now than Sherff.
Charles really was not a 4th rounder just keep that in mind. He fell due to personal issues. Wes Martin was def a wasted pick as his arms are too short to play in todays NFL and the likely hood of him seeing the field is slim. He may not even make the team next year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles really was not a 4th rounder just keep that in mind. He fell due to personal issues. Wes Martin was def a wasted pick as his arms are too short to play in todays NFL and the likely hood of him seeing the field is slim. He may not even make the team next year.
the avg lifespan in the NFL player drafted in round 1 is what ? not very long and as such i dont bash too many picks past round 3

when i look at charles i see he was factually drafted as a 4th rounder . why he fell is immaterial . that being said he has a chance to be a solid pro

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the avg lifespan in the NFL player drafted in round 1 is what ? not very long and as such i dont bash too many picks past round 3

when i look at charles i see he was factually drafted as a 4th rounder . why he fell is immaterial . that being said he has a chance to be a solid pro
Geeezus dad you will argue any f'n point just to argue. Factually a 4th rounder? We all know why Charles went in round 4 so stop kidding yourself. All things equal, Charles unfortunately showed nothing due to injury. At this point, "why he fell" is immaterial as we were able to get our hands on 1st-2nd round talent in round 4. Based on your theory, since he is factually a 4th rounder, he should amount to shit since he was selected after round 3.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you. If Lucas and #71 played poorly then Scherff is a must sign back. Now if we lose him i wouldnt be that upset.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geeezus dad you will argue any f'n point just to argue. Factually a 4th rounder? We all know why Charles went in round 4 so stop kidding yourself. All things equal, Charles unfortunately showed nothing due to injury. At this point, "why he fell" is immaterial as we were able to get our hands on 1st-2nd round talent in round 4. Based on your theory, since he is factually a 4th rounder, he should amount to shit since he was selected after round 3.
LOL

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. If Lucas and #71 played poorly then Scherff is a must sign back. Now if we lose him i wouldnt be that upset.
Sorry dean but I just cannot agree with your logic about Scherff. We should resign him (he is one of the best, if not the best) because he has earned it and he will excel at his position barring injury for the next 5 years. Rollier, Scherff & Moses, not too bad. Now if you are telling me Charles (whom we know very little) can step in at RG and not miss a beat, you are dead wrong.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dean but I just cannot agree with your logic about Scherff. We should resign him (he is one of the best, if not the best) because he has earned it and he will excel at his position barring injury for the next 5 years. Rollier, Scherff & Moses, not too bad. Now if you are telling me Charles (whom we know very little) can step in at RG and not miss a beat, you are dead wrong.

Of course he will not step in and dominate but i think he will be serviceable. Mostly likely Scherff will be signed but wouldn't be surprised if they didnt sign him back.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he will not step in and dominate but i think he will be serviceable. Mostly likely Scherff will be signed but wouldn't be surprised if they didnt sign him back.
why do you always insist on turning strengths into weaknesses ? the o/line was good but not great or even above avg . getting rid of an allpro OG to get serviceable out of it is a step backwards . we have the cap space , sign our guys

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you always insist on turning strengths into weaknesses ? the o/line was good but not great or even above avg . getting rid of an allpro OG to get serviceable out of it is a step backwards . we have the cap space , sign our guys

Right the oline wasnt great even with Scherff in there. lol. The play of Lucas and #71 looms large. If they failed I can see your point but they didnt.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s see...the opinion of a random person...or the AP award for best RG in football? That is a tough one.

Well lets see if we resign him? If its such a no brainer he should be here. Im good either way .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right the oline wasnt great even with Scherff in there. lol. The play of Lucas and #71 looms large. If they failed I can see your point but they didnt.
so your solution is make it weaker ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so your solution is make it weaker ?

No. If you can get an adequate replacement that option should be explored. Just like #71. Its alot of money to tie up in the OG position.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets see if we resign him? If its such a no brainer he should be here. Im good either way .

When did I say we would or wouldn’t resign him?

I was commenting on your statement of Scherff’s ability.

According to the AP, Scherff was in fact the best RG in football. He has also been a 4 time PB in his 6 year career. These are known as facts.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. If you can get an adequate replacement that option should be explored. Just like #71. Its alot of money to tie up in the OG position.

Define adequate.

It is a lot of money to tie up in a G, but isn’t the purpose of having players is to sign and keep the best team we can? If we sign him for five years, three years from now, is it still a lot to pay for a G?

We know what we have in Scherff. We have a possible HOF player.