• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Claypool to the Bears

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big body WR with athletic ability that is still under contract for another year and therefore doesn't absolutely need a new contract right away.

That's rare for WRs. Almost never happens. They're known to be really quiet, modest players for the most part.
this I agree with.
but the norm when they go to a new team they usually extend him which would mean big ass contract.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this I agree with.
but the norm when they go to a new team they usually extend him which would mean big ass contract.

Define big ass. He's not getting the money of a guy that catches 100 passes a season. Because he hasn't been that guy yet. Bears wouldn't shell out top dollar for Roquan....the odds they break the bank for Claypool seem slim.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define big ass. He's not getting the money of a guy that catches 100 passes a season. Because he hasn't been that guy yet. Bears wouldn't shell out top dollar for Roquan....the odds they break the bank for Claypool seem slim.
hope your right.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hope your right.

If he comes on and lights it up with Fields then his agent can probably demand more. But as it stands I can't see him having more leverage to demand a top end contract.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhh...adults are talking.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of why some of us object to this trade. Go find it and then come back to the adults and engage.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of why some of us object to this trade. Go find it and then come back to the adults and engage.

maybe explain why you object? But that would require talking about football and talking about football requires knowing about football. Which is why you focus on insults instead.

Did you finish lunch? It’s nap time child.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've been way more excited about a center tbh...but every little piece that helps us put together the "Is Justin Fields the guy" puzzle is a step in the right direction.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know which of the two 2nd rounders we traded? If it was the Ravens pick, that's not as bad. One positive that I'm not reading here (aside from him being an obvious upgrade to anyone WR on the roster not named Mooney), is that this could very well lessen the likelihood of Poles taking a WR with the 1st pick next year. In fact, if Claypool pans out, which we should all hope to be the case, I'd almost lay some coin down on us not taking one.

It was ours...Gonna be a pretty pretty low pick so hopefully this guy is good for us.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've been way more excited about a center tbh...but every little piece that helps us put together the "Is Justin Fields the guy" puzzle is a step in the right direction.
It was ours...Gonna be a pretty pretty low pick so hopefully this guy is good for us.
The argument as to whether or not we gave up too much is really kind of moot - at least until we see how Claypool performs with his new team. If he establishes himself as a bonifide #2, if not #1 go-to receiver, then a 2nd round will have been worth it. We always have to remember that draft picks are just that - draft picks. How many times do higher picks end up flaming out? My take is just what I said, he'll have been worth it IF he becomes a dependable, go-to receiver. The very least approach we all should take is one that is wait-n-see.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe explain why you object? But that would require talking about football and talking about football requires knowing about football. Which is why you focus on insults instead.

Did you finish lunch? It’s nap time child.

I did. Go find it you dolt.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument as to whether or not we gave up too much is really kind of moot - at least until we see how Claypool performs with his new team. If he establishes himself as a bonifide #2, if not #1 go-to receiver, then a 2nd round will have been worth it. We always have to remember that draft picks are just that - draft picks. How many times do higher picks end up flaming out? My take is just what I said, he'll have been worth it IF he becomes a dependable, go-to receiver. The very least approach we all should take is one that is wait-n-see.

Umm no. This is not how it works. You trade based on a players value NOW.

Wall to wall dummies. We overpaid. Plain and simple.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it Packers had been looking at Claypool, if that is a case I do appreciate you guys keeping him away from Rogers.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it Packers had been looking at Claypool, if that is a case I do appreciate you guys keeping him away from Rogers.
I read that as well. Claypool would have provided Rodgers a really nice target.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That explains why The Returned is so butthurt…

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks is 29....Claypool is 24. If you're a rebuilding team that's looking to build something for the future....which one makes more sense?

We gave up a guy with 9 games left on his contract for a guy with a full year and 9 games still on his contract and also picked up a 5th. Positionally speaking Roquan is a better LB than Claypool is a WR but in the broader sense it's not really a bad deal at all.

I get it,but for me,the age difference may not be that big of a deal if one is better than the other.....If Cooks could help out more then hey by all means.....He has definetley had a better career,especially being on a team as bad and a team thats been worst as ours.......

But hey,like I said,I was on the CC bandwagon back in 2020.......Thought he could be a big draftee for us.....hopefully that happens still......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm no. This is not how it works. You trade based on a players value NOW.

Wall to wall dummies. We overpaid. Plain and simple.
Well then by that logic, we got a steal. You did say NOW, so what we received was a #2 (at the very least) WR for who knows who in '23.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice little article explaining why Poles traded for Claypool and why the market pretty much drove the 2nd rd trade price. Worth a read: