• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CJ

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever JD and Ryan decide will be well thought out and assessed appropriately I think based on risk/reward. Thankfully, this GM/new ownership knows what they're doing unlike John Hart/Tom Hicks. The #1 priority should be to resign CJ, and then see what other options exist.

that goes without saying. #1 priority is obviously to re-sign CJ and then bring in a quality starter to replace Colby. i give Colby his $250000 buyout and reload in his spot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been any word on Webb lately?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that goes without saying. #1 priority is obviously to re-sign CJ and then bring in a quality starter to replace Colby. i give Colby his $250000 buyout and reload in his spot

I heard Cobra has been pitching with an injury most of the season, so maybe that's the problem. I'm not sure I'd buy him out until I was sure he won't recover fully.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Cobra has been pitching with an injury most of the season, so maybe that's the problem. I'm not sure I'd buy him out until I was sure he won't recover fully.

don't know about an injury but i would figure out early if he's recovered or not and if not buy him out

robhea67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He could be better then cj or lee. When he has been on he has been damn good best lefty in the bigs.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect TEX to offer him the same deal he got this year conditional on making the 25man out of camp. He's not going to get a better deal anywhere else given his 2011 setbacks.

God, I hope not. No more medical rehab tryouts, please.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was starting to pitch around the same time Hunter was getting healthy. Since then I haven't heard anything. He might not have anything left, but I think he's still a worthy investment if he could throw somewhere close to how he used to.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Expect TEX to offer him the same deal he got this year conditional on making the 25man out of camp. He's not going to get a better deal anywhere else given his 2011 setbacks.

Unless he's completely healthy and pitching by spring training, I don't particularly care to see us go after him again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was starting to pitch around the same time Hunter was getting healthy. Since then I haven't heard anything. He might not have anything left, but I think he's still a worthy investment if he could throw somewhere close to how he used to.

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Rangers pitcher Brandon Webb will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his rotator cuff on Aug. 1.

That will be just a few days shy of two years since Webb had shoulder debridement surgery to clean up loose debris and inflamed tissue. Rangers physician Dr. Keith Meister, who performed that surgery in 2009, will also handle this one.

Despite this being the second surgery for the 32-year-old Webb in two years, his agent, Jonathan Maurer, said the pitcher plans on returning to pitch. Maurer said the surgery was "not a full rotator repair," but that it would mean no throwing for at least four months, as Meister will surgically scope Webb's right shoulder in an effort to clean it up.

Webb signed a one-year contract with the Rangers this offseason for $3 million guaranteed and another $5 million in incentives and the club hoped he could be a boost to the rotation for part of the season.

But Webb wasn't able to make it back to the majors. His velocity hovered around 84 mph for most of his rehab starts and he experienced some shoulder stiffness after his last start a few weeks ago. An MRI showed some damage to his right shoulder and Webb has opted for surgery.

Webb won the Cy Young in 2006 and was an All-Star in 2007 and 2008 with 22 wins his last full season in the majors. He has pitched only four innings in the big leagues since 2009.

don't think it would be worth the money

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with CJ, Derek, Alexi & Matt, we have a pretty good starting staff and with Scott & possible Darvish and with our minor league depth i can't see paying Webb that kind of money with possibly nothing in return again. i would just say NO to Webb.

now with Colby, if the injury story is true, i would want him in Arizona early and he would have to prove that he's got it back or i'd buy him out

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Webb?

Seriously are we discussing Brandon Webb?

OMG!

When they first signed this guy and they had the press conference I think it was discussed at just how out of shape the guy was. The guy had bigger breasts than Bill Parcells. Yuck. Look, if you are a professional athlete and you are serious about restoring your career then you work you tail off and get in shape before you sign with a team. You don't come in looking like Abdullah the Butcher. At this point all Webb is doing is cashing checks. Call me when he gets fit and starts throwing in the low 90's again. Until then he can buzz off.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no argument, Ginger. for years because of the poor ownership of Hicks, we were the medical rehab unit for the MLB but now with Nolan & Daniels we don't have to live that way any more. we don't have pay 3M like we did for Webb and got nothing in return like we did in Webb's case. and now with Colby and his hip and another 3M contract (250000 buyout) we may be facing another Webb type season.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree Webb's not a prime candidate for a rotation spot in my book ... but you never know.

If he is ready to pitch there is no reason to not offer him a minor league deal and invitation to camp ... with a 1 year contract like he had with TEX this season conditional on him making the 25 man out of camp.

If he fails to make the roster out of camp he can either accept a minor league assignment or become a free agent. That is exactly where he is going to be now anyway so TEX isn't taking any risk like they did last offseason.

Webb's not going to get a better deal anywhere else so might as well take the TEX offer.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Webb's not a prime candidate for a rotation spot in my book ... but you never know.

If he is ready to pitch there is no reason to not offer him a minor league deal and invitation to camp ... with a 1 year contract like he had with TEX this season conditional on him making the 25 man out of camp.

If he fails to make the roster out of camp he can either accept a minor league assignment or become a free agent. That is exactly where he is going to be now anyway so TEX isn't taking any risk like they did last offseason.

Webb's not going to get a better deal anywhere else so might as well take the TEX offer.

Fully agree. Its a risk/reward situation. If it works out, Rangers have a CY pitcher @ a relatively cheap rate. (assuming he would have the same "stuff"... (which he hasnt shown yet).

And if he's a bust...its only a couple million down the tube. (if that).

Granted, Webb has about the same chance right now as you & I do to make the 25 man next season..... but it's still a risk the Rangers should take.

....and no, giving Webb the kind of money he'd be asking for... wouldnt hinder the Rangers from signing someone else... IE....CJ Wilson.

With that... I just steered the topic back on track talking about CJ. :pop2: