• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CJ to retire ?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing I would add is guys like Ed, Ian, Jay... Usually don't report bogus shit. That's why they keep getting the scoop IMO. Most of what they report come to fruition.
I'd like to fight Jay Glazer, but he's usually real good on what he reports.

I wish Joe Rogan and him would switch gigs. I don't watch MMA, so since News Radio ended I've been Roganless.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with this thread. I didn't know Mike Hart was the qb coach a WMU.. He's moving on now, I forgot the name of the college, I just read the article :doobs: memory failure
He'll be a head coach soon.

:suds: :doobs: (gotta wait, still working.)

Reactions: BUD

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he retires they need to make a run at Alshon

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty the camp I'm in regarding Calvin is, he said he would do what it would take. Suh signed elsewhere, so what would restructuring his contract do?

If the Lions had signed Suh and then Calvin refused to restructure his deal. I would be pointing fingers too.

IMO, Suh was going to whatever team offered him the most money. Plain and simple. So unless Detroit wanted to give Suh a dollar more than Miami offered, restructuring made no sense for CJ

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT, RT, LDT, RDT.

last thing I want to see is another 1st rd. or even 2nd rd. CFB LT (i.e. Decker or even Conklin) that ends up as another NFL RT, sooner than later. I'm fine with Ola being the RT unless a true blue-blood LT comes in the form of Okung.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Calvin kept the ball from his final TD on Sunday, then took a pic w Stafford mid field after the game. Take that how you want.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Calvin Johnson has taken my feelings into account here

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Calvin kept the ball from his final TD on Sunday, then took a pic w Stafford mid field after the game. Take that how you want.

I take it as he's tired of playing for the shit storm team that drafted him and possibly he views this team's current personnel as not being capable of enough improvement to warrant staying around. Players go through some sort of injury issues every single year but to only see the playoffs twice in 9 years and the lack of development of players and shitty fucking drafts can or would take it's toll on a player of his caliber, imo.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it as he's tired of playing for the shit storm team that drafted him and possibly he views this team's current personnel as not being capable of enough improvement to warrant staying around. Players go through some sort of injury issues every single year but to only see the playoffs twice in 9 years and the lack of development of players and shitty fucking drafts can or would take it's toll on a player of his caliber, imo.

Ya I think you're way off. If that was the case he'd just ask to be traded. His body is done. I'm sure he wishes he won more but you don't walk away from 12-24 million just because you missed the playoffs.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just another tidbit to add to the fire and I could see the possibility of CJ being done with the frustration of being a Lion.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ions-calvin-johnson-jamie-samuelsen/78383582/

This is the fun time of a football player's career. This is when all the practices, all the off-season workouts and all the trips to the training room (of which Johnson has made quite a few) pay off. Johnson has paid his dues; he’s just never received the on-field payoff. And he’s probably tired of trying.

When Aaron Rodgers completed the Hail Mary pass to effectively extinguish the Lions' faint playoff hopes, most television cameras caught the shot of Matthew Stafford flipping his hat off his head in frustration. But if you look at the foreground of that shot, you’ll see Johnson crumple to the ground, out of the picture, as if his legs had been magically removed. I don’t know that was the final straw. But you could certainly understand if it was.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I think you're way off. If that was the case he'd just ask to be traded. His body is done. I'm sure he wishes he won more but you don't walk away from 12-24 million just because you missed the playoffs.

he's grossed over 100M to date, Swarm. You don't think that snippet of the article that I posted regarding a possible trade to Carolina and CJ being upbeat about the possibility playing for a winning team has no meaning behind it. That possibility of playing for a team like Carolina doesn't appear to me that he's done completely playing from a physical standpoint. If CJ retired this year and Hoodie called him up you don't think CJ would play for him ?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's grossed over 100M to date, Swarm. You don't think that snippet of the article that I posted regarding a possible trade to Carolina and CJ being upbeat about the possibility playing for a winning team has no meaning behind it. That possibility of playing for a team like Carolina doesn't appear to me that he's done completely playing from a physical standpoint. If CJ retired this year and Hoodie called him up you don't think CJ would play for him ?

Nope.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well, then, you suck at understanding my possibilities at thoughts about this whole ordeal...

or maybe it's just a me thing... but I want to blame you... :rolleyes2:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, then, you suck at understanding my possibilities at thoughts about this whole ordeal...

or maybe it's just a me thing... but I want to blame you... :rolleyes2:

That's fine. While I'm sure he wishes he'd won more, if winning was REALLY the motivating factor here, and not health, he would have left years ago.